Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-02-2011, 10:51 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomario
Six Hop is a brilliant beer, but then Dark Star are a very good brewery.

With Hophead an excellent light hoppy beer. Will be interesting when they use the citra hop for the next brew they do for Hophed.
if i recall correctly didnt they do a batch of hophead a year or so ago with Amarillo hops? probably my fave wso far.

SaulAlinsky
Old 10-02-2011, 04:06 PM

tomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse
if i recall correctly didnt they do a batch of hophead a year or so ago with Amarillo hops? probably my fave wso far.
I think they did, I will find out from the Dark Star guys tomorrow and confirm.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:41 PM

tomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
At The Rake today, we are continuing our Oakhame Ales week.

On Cask today, are Oakham JHB, Citra and Attilla, from the cellar warspite, x-terminator and Tranquility.

Keg beers include Stone Ruination IPA and Little Creatures Pale Ale.
Old 13-02-2011, 12:45 AM

herts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by herts_palace
We are going to try the Greyhound Inn at Sutton Stoop[CV6 6DF], a canalside pub which is just to the north of the M6. It's in the 2011 GBG and in 2009 won the Godiva award for the best pub in Warwickshire. Beer in the evening reports are also good. If you are walking it's 2 miles from the ground[bit further by car].

GBG says Marston's Pedigree, Theakstons and guest beers. Food is also served.

I can heartily recommend this pub. Canalside location with a welcoming wood fire. It had Pedigree, Theakston mild and Jelly legs from Milk street. The latter was sensational. Only 30 minutes walk from the ground.

I think it was Sutton Stop not Stoop.
Old 13-02-2011, 12:48 AM
Cellar Champion

RichTea was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldRichTea was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldRichTea was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldRichTea was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldRichTea was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldRichTea was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldRichTea was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldRichTea was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldRichTea was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldRichTea was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldRichTea was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Work for Wetherspoon, i had a pint of Ringwood 49er, that was nice, Also Adnams Broadside and Ghost ship arent too bad either. Cant beat a good old Greene king Abbot Ale
Old 13-02-2011, 01:11 AM

Lenny Again sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLenny Again sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLenny Again sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLenny Again sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLenny Again sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLenny Again sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLenny Again sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLenny Again sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLenny Again sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLenny Again sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkLenny Again sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Evening fellas. Are there any Brewmasters on the BBS?
Old 13-02-2011, 01:36 AM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have no idea, I'm just wondering if you are Lenny from the original BBS.

He was cool and I think I met him again recently after about 5 years.

Lovely.
Old 13-02-2011, 10:40 AM

ollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineollie_porter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Went to the Canterbury Tales pub last night...

Kicked off with something I knew I liked (Crabbies ginger beer)

Then went onto Bombardier, which was very nice indeed.

And also had a pint of Doom Bar, which was also very good but preferred the Bombardier...

Then my mate comes out with this (who never fails to buy Carling, Fosters, Carlsberg etc) 'Why do you never buy normal brands?'

Didn't know whether to laugh, cry or give him a slap.
Old 13-02-2011, 10:53 AM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Been to the Castle in London with work colleagues for the last two Fridays, had some really good beers there.

Last week I had Wagtail, Jarrow Slake, Saffron Blond & Grain Oak (which was very nice)

Friday I had Bath Ales Gem, Hophead, Joblings Swinging Giblet (this was very distinctive and an excellent pint) & White Horse Blowing Stone.
Old 13-02-2011, 05:50 PM

herts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSEagle
Been to the Castle in London with work colleagues for the last two Fridays, had some really good beers there.

Last week I had Wagtail, Jarrow Slake, Saffron Blond & Grain Oak (which was very nice)

Friday I had Bath Ales Gem, Hophead, Joblings Swinging Giblet (this was very distinctive and an excellent pint) & White Horse Blowing Stone.
UUmmmmmmmm..... Bath Ales. Unfortunately I haven't been impressed by the Saffron bottled ales my son got me for my birthday. They all taste a bit chemical.
Old 13-02-2011, 07:54 PM

I agree, Bath Ales are excellent, but my favorite beers out of Bristol at the moment are by Arbor Ales, especially the oyster stout.
Old 13-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Had an agreeable pint of the embarassingly-named WJ King Scrummy earlier.

Not so nice, Badger Blandford Fly from the bottle. Worst beer I've had in years, tastes like eating a tablespoon of powdered ginger and washing it down with a tube of sherbert.
Old 13-02-2011, 08:09 PM
A Poor Boy

Zohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fearZohar Returns is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Evening all. I normally drink lager but have discovered Bishops Finger. Lovely taste!!
Old 13-02-2011, 11:48 PM

Williams Ginger beer is rank. Just had a pint down the pub, worse ginger beer ever.
Old 14-02-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussex Eagle
Had an agreeable pint of the embarassingly-named WJ King Scrummy earlier.

Not so nice, Badger Blandford Fly from the bottle. Worst beer I've had in years, tastes like eating a tablespoon of powdered ginger and washing it down with a tube of sherbert.
That just shows how individual taste is. I loved that beer when I tried it. Admittedly it is unlikely to be everyone's taste as it does contain ginger but it is great with currys and Asian food as it can stand up to the strong taste.

I also like Golden Glory which Badger do.
Old 16-02-2011, 11:33 AM
The Lizard King

Beckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeckenham Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login

London Pub is Named Nationís Best Boozer
1:36am UK, Wednesday February 16, 2011

A pub in London has become the capital's first ever to be named national pub of the year - for its "real ale, real cider and real conversation".

The Harp, in Covent Garden, is a "small, friendly, independent free house that has become a haven for beer choice", says Camra, the Campaign for Real Ale, as it announced the award.

The pub serves eight types of real ale, as well as a wide range of real ciders, with a design and atmosphere that, Camra says, is perfect for those who want to get straight into the "serious business of drinking".

Pub owner Bridget Walsh, a well-known real ale pioneer, said she was delighted with the award.

"We pride ourselves on the range and quality of our real ale and to be London's first ever national pub of the year is a real honour," she said.

The Harp has won several other awards, including one for its home-cooked sausages.

Although the pub is near Trafalgar Square, it still "retains its appeal as a true local", said Julian Hough, Camra's pubs director.

"What makes a great pub is the ability for it to welcome both regulars and first time customers alike, and this is something it does to perfection."

Runners-up were Taps in Lytham St Annes, Lancashire, the Beacon Hotel in Sedgley, and Salutation Inn, in Ham, Gloucestershire.
Blackadder: A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn.
Old 16-02-2011, 04:44 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckenham Boy
To view the link you have to Register or Login

London Pub is Named Nationís Best Boozer
1:36am UK, Wednesday February 16, 2011

A pub in London has become the capital's first ever to be named national pub of the year - for its "real ale, real cider and real conversation".

The Harp, in Covent Garden, is a "small, friendly, independent free house that has become a haven for beer choice", says Camra, the Campaign for Real Ale, as it announced the award ...
The Harp is a great little boozer, a gem tucked away at the heart of the West End.
Old 16-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Pint half full member

KevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fine
I'm a bit of a newbie to ales, but I had probably my most favourite pint yet on Monday......The Reverand James - cracking pint.
Old 16-02-2011, 05:07 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
Any idea what the spread eagle has on tap at present about to head of there for the evening and wanted to whet my appetite .
Old 17-02-2011, 08:24 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
As a matter of interest how much is a bottle of S&M Spitfire worth.Bought a bottle recently over here paid $4.Tasted great