Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-06-2010, 04:00 PM

nickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grow
CPFC2010 to renovate Selhurst Park or relocate?

This deserves its own thread. What exactly did they say at the Press Conference? Palace is Selhurst for me (from the old man taking me since 1974). If we moved to another location in or near SE25 I would be sad but would still go, but if we moved down to somewhere off the M25 it wouldn't be the same club for me, and don't know if I would make that many (or any) games.....

Last edited by nickkris; 17-06-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 17-06-2010, 04:21 PM
dodgy keeper

cpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftscpfc2000 is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
If we moved, There only place to go back to the hill.
But should stay and repair.
Old 17-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Moritz's Physio

E_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
There are planning limitations to redeveloping though.
Old 17-06-2010, 04:22 PM

Matt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Only other place I'd support is at the Athletics track; would be a class location there, quality bars, rail network etc.

Either that or rennovate Selhurst; couldn't deal with a brand new out of town 'stadium bowl.'
Old 17-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Wouldn't mind to much if we moved to Crystal Palace proper and build a stadium replicating Selhurst to a degree. Only vastly modernised and with a bigger capacity. Don't want the identikit stadium so popular these days.

If we were to relocate to Croydon somewhere, then NO!

Ideally, renovate Selhurst though.
Old 17-06-2010, 04:27 PM
The Palace Traveller

CPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Either relocate to the national sports arena with a nice brand new stadium or develop Selhurst. Either one for me would work
Old 17-06-2010, 04:28 PM

nickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grownickkris knows where the wild roses grow
Can anyone report what they actually said at the Press Conference about it?

Would a mere like for like renovation require planning permission? And would there be any way to renovate and increase the capacity by 10,000 say which would get planning permission?
Old 17-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Kitler

Baldy worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterBaldy worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterBaldy worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterBaldy worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterBaldy worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterBaldy worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterBaldy worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterBaldy worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterBaldy worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterBaldy worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterBaldy worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Hep
Only other place I'd support is at the Athletics track; would be a class location there, quality bars, rail network etc.

Either that or rennovate Selhurst; couldn't deal with a brand new out of town 'stadium bowl.'
Quality rail network ?

Are you serious ??
I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again.
Old 17-06-2010, 04:30 PM

Matt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy
Quality rail network ?

Are you serious ??
station right next to potential ground.
Old 17-06-2010, 04:31 PM

Oh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Selhurst.
Old 17-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Selhurst is our home
Old 17-06-2010, 04:33 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I don't mind if we move somewhere within reasonable distance - the National Sports Centre, Croydon, M25 locality ect. I support the club not the ground.
Old 17-06-2010, 04:36 PM
woz1974

woz1974 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwoz1974 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwoz1974 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwoz1974 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwoz1974 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwoz1974 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwoz1974 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwoz1974 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwoz1974 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwoz1974 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwoz1974 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:

Agree with this turn it into a football stadium great location on palace park.
Old 17-06-2010, 04:37 PM

Mr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
station right next to potential ground.
As opposed to three within 10 minutes walk of Selhurst? I know which would be more convenient for the majority of Palace fans, and away fans too

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Being the first team to beat them there will never go away, it's like taking the virginity of someone you don't like's sister, just so you can rub it in their face.
Old 17-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Arthur Wait and the Main Stand probably have a half a decade left in them. Its a situation that has to be looked at. Apparently the land may be "infected" which prevents developments as well.

Do you reckon we could play in Battersea Power station if the bits that cannot be knocked down are built around. i.e. a stadium with a massive chimney and power station exterior and football stadium insides. This is my outlandish ground suggestion of the week.

edit - can anyone confirm what I've heard that they are looking at taking an insurence policy out against the state of the arthur wait? due to this "infected" thing I don't really understand
Old 17-06-2010, 04:44 PM

Mr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehalifaxman

Do you reckon we could play in Battersea Power station if the bits that cannot be knocked down are built around. i.e. a stadium with a massive chimney and power station exterior and football stadium insides. This is my outlandish ground suggestion of the week.

Considering the state of the Wembley pitch (and several other 'new' stadiums) due to a lack of light & airflow to the turf, I would imagine those problems would be much worse inside Battersea Power Station!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Being the first team to beat them there will never go away, it's like taking the virginity of someone you don't like's sister, just so you can rub it in their face.
Old 17-06-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Statto
As opposed to three within 10 minutes walk of Selhurst? I know which would be more convenient for the majority of Palace fans, and away fans too
Yeah i agree, ideally bang up for staying at Selhurst..but if we HAVE to move, would have to be redevelopment at the crystal palace stadium.

fearful of an out of town Reading/derby type ground, **** cant think of much worse
Old 17-06-2010, 04:50 PM

Gladalloverrob was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldGladalloverrob was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldGladalloverrob was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldGladalloverrob was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldGladalloverrob was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldGladalloverrob was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldGladalloverrob was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldGladalloverrob was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldGladalloverrob was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldGladalloverrob was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldGladalloverrob was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehalifaxman
The Arthur Wait and the Main Stand probably have a half a decade left in them. Its a situation that has to be looked at. Apparently the land may be "infected" which prevents developments as well.

edit - can anyone confirm what I've heard that they are looking at taking an insurence policy out against the state of the arthur wait? due to this "infected" thing I don't really understand
It has been posted several times that the Main Stand only has a few years left on the Safety Cert and once that expires the council won't give it another one.
Old 17-06-2010, 04:56 PM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbrooklynlou came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle
I don't mind if we move somewhere within reasonable distance - the National Sports Centre, Croydon, M25 locality ect. I support the club not the ground.
+1 - If you have to renovate 1/2 of Selhurst to get it up to code, its better to just build a new stadium
Old 17-06-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynlou
+1 - If you have to renovate 1/2 of Selhurst to get it up to code, its better to just build a new stadium
And that means relocating, right? Because a new stadium at Selhurst Park would have no chance of getting planning permission? Or is there any conceivable way a new stadium could be designed for Selhurst Park which would get planning permission?