Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 24-11-2013, 11:49 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews69 View Post
Compared to Sky's coverage of all games MOTD is piss poor.

If you want to be the flagship show for the Premiership then you should do your best to be the best.

I'd much rather have Chris Kamara and Ben Shepherd present MOTD with special guests. Goals on Sunday shows MOTD what it should be.
Sky is, of course, everything that is good about the modern game.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 24-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
Sky have pumped millions of ££££ into football and always done an excellent job at broadcasting it, ditto the cricket.

To me, the problem appears to be more what the game's governing bodies and clubs appear to have used the money that is the problem (even if that includes giving Sky too much power).
Old 24-11-2013, 11:57 AM

Andrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
I feel you may have misinterpreted my comments

I'm aware of how the beast that is sky is ruining modern football, but purely from a highlights package point of view Sky definitely do it right.
Old 24-11-2013, 12:01 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Lineker, Hansen, Shearer, perhaps if they know so much they should try proving it as managers?
Old 24-11-2013, 12:03 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews69 View Post
I feel you may have misinterpreted my comments

I'm aware of how the beast that is sky is ruining modern football, but purely from a highlights package point of view Sky definitely do it right.
Surely you see the irony of blaming Sky and then paying them though? I don't have Sky and never would (if of course you've watched the programme on a free rip off feed then all power to you)

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 24-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Lest we forget

Gark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by David of Kent View Post
The criticism of Chamakh (particularly by Savage) is boorish.
Talking of Savage, I felt sorry for the palace supporter that phoned in 606 last night. He was phoning about the sending off but they completely ignored his point and responded with a question as to whether he was frustrated that it had taken a month to get a manager in. Once they discussed this, Savage then went off one one about how the result changes nothing and palace are going down.

To think that he was once close to playing for the club.
Old 24-11-2013, 12:10 PM
seaweedhater

seaweedhater has to read the song lyrics on the big screenseaweedhater has to read the song lyrics on the big screenseaweedhater has to read the song lyrics on the big screenseaweedhater has to read the song lyrics on the big screenseaweedhater has to read the song lyrics on the big screenseaweedhater has to read the song lyrics on the big screenseaweedhater has to read the song lyrics on the big screenseaweedhater has to read the song lyrics on the big screenseaweedhater has to read the song lyrics on the big screenseaweedhater has to read the song lyrics on the big screenseaweedhater has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Hansen always hated us!

I like what i know and i know what i like.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24-11-2013, 12:12 PM

Pikie Punisher came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPikie Punisher came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPikie Punisher came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPikie Punisher came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPikie Punisher came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPikie Punisher came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPikie Punisher came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPikie Punisher came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPikie Punisher came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPikie Punisher came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPikie Punisher came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
Very good, can't help wondering what the "surprise" might be though....
Let's put it this way, Delia always has a baked bean starter........
"That’s the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 24-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Stripes reborn

Forever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineForever Stripes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The Sky program at 10 where you can select the Palace match and watch about 40 mins of the game is so much better than MOD and Lineker anyway. On that they were saying it was a shame Chamakh went off as he was working hard and holding the ball well.

Then I switched to MOD to watch that rubbish. Didn't even consider the sending off I don't think.
Old 24-11-2013, 12:23 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
This strange Chamakh bashing by the MOTD team could prove profitable. Chamakh is now regularly around 11/1 for first goal. I think that will prove decent value if he starts the next 3 games.
Old 24-11-2013, 12:26 PM

cockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
This strange Chamakh bashing by the MOTD team could prove profitable. Chamakh is now regularly around 11/1 for first goal. I think that will prove decent value if he starts the next 3 games.
Thats fair since he's done it only 1 time, and we've played 12 so far.
Old 24-11-2013, 12:32 PM

andy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandy m : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I knew a BBC producer who did not like Jools Holland, and would tell me on a few occasions what an unpleasant person he is. Which again goes against the public persona of him. However the guy was a bit of a tight twat so maybe Jools Holland simply did not like him, which I thought was an easily understood viewpoint to hold.
Jools Holland is actually a really nice bloke.
Old 24-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikie Punisher View Post
Let's put it this way, Delia always has a baked bean starter........
So, a chocolate bomb?
Old 24-11-2013, 01:09 PM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The problem with MOTD compared to Sky's ‘Goals on Sunday’ is that MOTD doesn't have the time to provide fuller analysis. MOTD focuses on the ‘Big 4’ because they are catering for general viewers rather than a more narrow football audience because they don’t have Sky's rights to show live matches. Their format therefore reflects that and so they have the presenter/panel of former players who are likely to compliment with each other. The show cannot risk controversy of the panel disagreeing because of time constraints.

As with many long running shows on the BBC, the presenters eventually run out of steam and like Parkinson and Edmunds before him, Lineker’s time may be running dry soon.
MOTD will go on because it's a bit of a public institution with the iconic tune but with Hansen astutely seeing the writing on the wall and going before he was pushed, along with the reviews taking place at the BBC, MOTD will I expect be revamped for next season.

The Savile Scandal has cut deep into the BBC’s image with its very integrity under the spotlight. Its presenters are the public face.

The days when the BBC could afford to be complacent about its sports coverage because ITV was so poor are over. It’s not only Sky where more and more are now prepared to have pay to view, BT are also serious competitors for sports and have made football a priority.

The BBC, with all the public service and licence issues always up for debate will be under increasing pressure and MOTD, although still on the schedules may soon become as irrelevant as 'Tops as the Pops' did.
Old 24-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaweedhater View Post
Hansen always hated us!
Well he did lose Pardew at the far post!!
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 24-11-2013, 01:14 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
The comment at the start about how we replaced a balding 50 something manager for another balding fifty something manager was pathetic. If he mentions people's appearance then he should have no complaints when people draw attention to his overgrown ears.

I can't stand Linekar. He is a serial adulterer and a slimeball. The sooner they completely re vamp this tired show the better.
Old 24-11-2013, 01:20 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPalace23 View Post
The comment at the start about how we replaced a balding 50 something manager for another balding fifty something manager was pathetic.
Not sure if serious..

It was a pretty good link.
Old 24-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdMan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Honestly don't know why people take pundits so seriously. Being on tv doesn't make their opinions any more valid than those of the rest of us.
Old 24-11-2013, 01:21 PM

Andrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAB View Post
The problem with MOTD compared to Sky's ‘Goals on Sunday’ is that MOTD doesn't have the time to provide fuller analysis. MOTD focuses on the ‘Big 4’ because they are catering for general viewers rather than a more narrow football audience because they don’t have Sky's rights to show live matches. Their format therefore reflects that and so they have the presenter/panel of former players who are likely to compliment with each other. The show cannot risk controversy of the panel disagreeing because of time constraints.
MOTD can go on for 90 minutes without adverts.

Goals on Sunday is 2 hours with adverts.

Take the adverts away, that's about 100 minutes. take out Scottish goals and championship goals that's about 90 mins in length.

With a mix of different football guests each week keeping it fresh, interaction from fans via tweeting and e-mail and time to talk about what the guests are up to.

So much more in the same amount of time. Both have highlight packages so footage is not an issue as far as I'm concerned.
Old 24-11-2013, 01:24 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Not sure if serious..

It was a pretty good link.
Disagree. It was childish like the standard of their punditry.

If MOTD wants to be respected as a quality programme then making unfunny quips like that is the wrong way to go.