Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:37 AM

Rasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy64 View Post
An offer has been on the table for a long time. He will go.
He's on good money already and is surplus to requirement now. Great servant for the club but we are trying to move on
Old 10-08-2017, 09:38 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
Why would they offer him a new deal in the first place? Not fit to play the new system and is on a downward trajectory.
Class post - not. True supporter
Old 10-08-2017, 09:39 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drive Man View Post
He has been a very good servant for us and always gives 100%..
He might not be great going forward and certainly suffered a dip in form last Season - but he certainly deserves to be respected for the way he represents the club on and off the pitch. A top pro and would Love him to sign a new deal with us.
This ^^^^^^
Old 10-08-2017, 09:39 AM
It's obscene

cpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
He might not be great going forward and certainly suffered a dip in form last Season - but he certainly deserves to be respected for the way he represents the club on and off the pitch. A top pro and would Love him to sign a new deal with us.
This
Old 10-08-2017, 09:40 AM

harry_1993 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineharry_1993 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineharry_1993 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineharry_1993 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineharry_1993 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineharry_1993 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineharry_1993 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineharry_1993 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineharry_1993 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineharry_1993 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineharry_1993 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAssassin View Post
He's been here 6 years, 5 of those in the Premier League, play off winner and an FA Cup finalist and has been ever present over those 6 years. He doesn't quite get the name of name among the crowd as much as say Zaha and Bolasie over those years but for me he has been wonderful for this club. I don't begrudge anyone who regards him as a legend for any of that.

Always been one of the first to praise the backing of the fans and appreciate our style of support.
Totally agree with this.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:41 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
More than adequate enough for us at RB. Solid committed professional. Start moving on steady players and you run a serious risk when the s*** hits the fan
Again this ^^^^^^^^.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:41 AM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_child View Post
He's been a terrific servant for the Club. What sort of value would people put on him in todays money?!
5-8 million?

Dougie and those around the club have not half done well for the players we brought in over his period. Less than 500k (? - also not regarding money back to BCFC for clauses on Bolasie) spent but we must be well over 30 million on the likes of Bolasie, Murray, Jedinak..
Old 10-08-2017, 09:42 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
If he goes, then I will understand why.

Always sad to see one of the 'old guard' go, however.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:43 AM

nash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
He's been here 6 years, 5 of those in the Premier League, play off winner and an FA Cup finalist and has been ever present over those 6 years. He doesn't quite get the name of name among the crowd as much as say Zaha and Bolasie over those years but for me he has been wonderful for this club. I don't begrudge anyone who regards him as a legend for any of that.

Always been one of the first to praise the backing of the fans and appreciate our style of support.
A legend will be someone who the fans will talk about for years to come. I think Joel Ward would always be remembered, talked about fondly but not particuarly a legend as such.

Zaha & Bolasie will be legends, Speroni, Jedinak even, unfortunately Ward has done his business to quietly and effeciently to generate enough opinion about him.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:45 AM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I like Joel will be sorry to see him go but can understand why. Been a good player for us and seems like a nice bloke
Old 10-08-2017, 09:46 AM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nash84 View Post
A legend will be someone who the fans will talk about for years to come. I think Joel Ward would always be remembered, talked about fondly but not particuarly a legend as such.

Zaha & Bolasie will be legends, Speroni, Jedinak even, unfortunately Ward has done his business to quietly and effeciently to generate enough opinion about him.
Totally agree, I think people will always speak highly of Joel here but given what he achieved here I can see why some people will put him in that band of players mentioned.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:47 AM

thomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthomasbroad is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
A couple of seasons ago he was knocking on the door of the England set up - shame he hasn't pushed on as much.

Thanks in part to Pardew...
Old 10-08-2017, 09:52 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasbroad View Post
A couple of seasons ago he was knocking on the door of the England set up - shame he hasn't pushed on as much.

Thanks in part to Pardew...
He's been great for us...but he was never close to the England set up.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:56 AM

costello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Dependable, hardworking, very rarely injured. Can't believe some of you would be happy to let him go.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:56 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Really would prefer us to keep him at least until January incase 343 doesn't work so well and we need 4 at the back.

Solid rb. Yes limited going forward but anyone better at that we replace him with will very likely be the subject of abuse on here for being "a liability at the back" and "a defenders job is to defend first and foremost" etc.. those that do both are being sold for 50m!! A point ignored by the bbs

Was visibly frustrated under pardew. Got a nasty streak then a few times, lots of aggression which was something you don't associate with wardy. Back to a solid back four under sam, something that included ward in fine form but that too gets ignored by the haters.

Big fan of wardy, we'll miss him if he goes
Old 10-08-2017, 09:58 AM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
If the rumours are true, then despite more recent reservations, have to remember he has been near ever present (unlike some sick notes we have had) and instrumental in our back line, especially in our first couple of seasons following promotion.....

Quote:
Squawka Football
@Squawka 2 years ago

Joel Ward has won the most tackles in the Premier League over the past 2 seasons
Old 10-08-2017, 10:00 AM

rambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Absolutely.
Though he Might Not Fit the,3:4:3,System.
You Need the Players to Play a variety of Systems.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:05 AM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good pro, nice to hear of a player who actually wants to play rather than sitting on the sidelines and just picking up a big paycheck. I have criticized him a little over the past couple of seasons and he seemed to lose a bit of pace after that injury a while back, but I would rather he stayed.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:06 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
If he was happy to sit on the bench he's exactly the type of player you'd be happy seeing come on with twenty to go away from home with something to hang on to. Just can't see him being happy with that. He must have made the highest number of PL appearances of any Palace player? Hard to go from that to getting splinters.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:07 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Agree with that. He's never let us down and is a solid player for us week in week out. Would be a real shame if he left, although if he feels (or has been told) that he won't feature much as first choice I wouldn't begrudge him wanting to move on for regular football - he's a good enough full back to expect to be first choice for a lower premier league team.