Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:08 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
An honest whole heart'ed player that has never truly been appreciated on here, his true value to Palace will only be realised when he has left. It is possible we could get a more flamboyant RB, but finding a player that gives what he does to the Palace cause will be hard to find.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:10 AM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
What is this nonsense, he's a good player, Sanchez got sweet fa out of him when we played the Arse, not many RB's can say that. He's an important part of the back 4.

He'll never be a wing back he doesn't have the pace and won't fit into de Boer favoured system. Let's face reality though, Parrish gets us a new manager for Christmas every year and if Sammy Lee is still around or practically anyone else we'll need Ward for next great escape.

I'm not surprised if he's looking for a move but if he goes we may regret it by Christmas.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:11 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
I seem to remember that when he first arrived it was strongly rumoured that he only intended to see his initial contract out and then move on. Despite that I think he renewed his contract. Can't remember why now - but I think it's something he let slip that was overheard. TBH a lot has happened since and he is married and an established Premier League player. During his time he has been probably one of our more professional professionals.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:12 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasbroad View Post
A couple of seasons ago he was knocking on the door of the England set up - shame he hasn't pushed on as much.

Thanks in part to Pardew...
He was nowhere near the England set up
Old 10-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
It does worry me that if we revert to a back 4 at any point and he's left, we only have a loan player and Kelly to play that position. We should do what we can to keep him IMO.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:13 AM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Very Good defensive right back in a back 4. I imagine a team like West Brom would suit him. Shame if he goes but I can understand it as he's not a wing back and not good enough centre back.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:14 AM

TC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTC EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
There is a snippet from a newspaper on HOL but it dont say what paper it is so could be BS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3213421_IMG_0275.JPG (787.9 KB, 129 views)
Old 10-08-2017, 10:14 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
He needs to stay - great defender who never lets us down. If we play for at the back then he's good enough. Can't see him playing as a wing back. I had hoped he could play on the right side of a back three. He started as a CB at Portsmouth.

I'd much rather we sold Damo or Kelly over Ward.
He wants to leave, doesn't matter if we think he has to stay
Old 10-08-2017, 10:15 AM
Nige's tache

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch View Post
Could see him going to Brighton
he's an Emsworth boy and still gets down to the south coast so could see this happening. A good pro who has served us well.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:17 AM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
If he isnt going to start then out of respect to him let him go somewhere he will, served us well

@RisZero
Old 10-08-2017, 10:20 AM

bigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So we offered him a four year deal. Frank must rate him then. Maybe things could change

Would be gutted to see him go back to pulis at West Brom. We'd regret letting him go there
Old 10-08-2017, 10:26 AM

Pete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh Betty View Post
Legend ? Come on
186 appearances for the club over five years.
Part of the promotion team of 2013.
Part of only the second Palace team to make an FA cup final.
Most premier league appearances of any Palace player past or present - 12680 minutes played, 3 goals and 4 assists.
Numerous goal saving interventions and top defensive performances in our record five year stay in the Premier league.
All for a reported 400,000, allowing us to spend the money elsewhere during the last five years.

What else could a defender reasonably do to be regarded as a club legend?
Old 10-08-2017, 10:28 AM

sherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesherstonpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
186 appearances for the club over five years.
Part of the promotion team of 2013.
Part of only the second Palace team to make an FA cup final.
Most premier league appearances of any Palace player past or present - 12680 minutes played, 3 goals and 4 assists.
Numerous goal saving interventions and top defensive performances in our record five year stay in the Premier league.
All for a reported 400,000, allowing us to spend the money elsewhere during the last five years.

What else could a defender reasonably do to be regarded as a club legend?
Well said.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:29 AM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Would be gutted to see him go back to pulis at West Brom. We'd regret letting him go there
No disrespect to him, but I doubt Wilf is sweating at the thought

@RisZero
Old 10-08-2017, 10:30 AM

Bones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is hereBones14 Sam the man is here
Don't want to sound cold and unnappreciatative, but times up I reckon. Solid pro and solid contributor. Best for both parties I feel.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:31 AM

Optimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOptimistic Kev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC EAGLE View Post
There is a snippet from a newspaper on HOL but it dont say what paper it is so could be BS

It's in The Sun.

Cue people rubbishing it - but the Currant Bun has got a few things right about us recently. Notably the TFM 'exclusive'.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:36 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Love Joel ward.. but have a feeling he isn't pencilled in as starter.. he might not want that and that's fair enough.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
He was nowhere near the England set up
Funny, that's not what then England Assistant Manager Ray Lewington told me...
Old 10-08-2017, 10:41 AM

Stinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No surprise Pulis wants him. Think he'll be going.

West Bromwich Albion are ready to pounce on Joel Ward after the defender reportedly rejected a new four-year deal at Crystal Palace.

Ward, a mainstay of the Palace defence for the last five seasons, is understood to have knocked back a new contract at Selhurst Park.

The 27-year-old, who did not miss a single Premier League match last term, believes his game time will be limited under new boss Frank de Boer.

Ward fears he could be left out of the 3-4-3 formation the Dutchman is schooled in and wants to implement having trialled it throughout pre-season.

Tony Pulis knows Ward well from his time at Palace when he selected the former Portsmouth defender in every Premier League match after he took charge in November

Pulis is keen to bring in another "four or five players" to add to Jay Rodriguez and Ahmed Hegazi, signed last month.

The Welshman has made a centre-back and a central midfielder his main priorities.

But he knows he must also strengthen at full-back, where Albion have been criminally short in recent seasons.

Signing Ward, who has only one year left on his contract, would also free up Craig Dawson to play in his preferred position of centre-back.

Ward's incredible record of injury avoidance, 6ft 2ins presence and versatility are bound to encourage Pulis.

While predominantly a right-back, Ward can play anywhere across the back four and in midfield.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Stinger1; 10-08-2017 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:43 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thing is we have 3 lbs now four players that can play rb Tomkins, Kelly, fm and ward also townshend and wan bissaka and maybe fm are looking like fdbs preferred rwb.

What I'm saying is he's no longer guaranteed first starter for the first time he has competition. Clearly he's not keen on it. He's also done more than enough to get picked up by another bottom half prem team so from joels pov it makes sense. Just watch Brighton or Bournemouth come in for him.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 10-08-2017 at 10:46 AM.