Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 05:48 PM

HRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
At this point in time we are the worst team in the league.

Making up the numbers for a Liverpool love in tournament looks like preparation time well spent. I see WBA, who we confortably beat, got back to basics again and bored their way to a 1-0 victory.
I would say your being kind there. I thought WBA were every bit as much on top second half of that game as we were in the first.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:49 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath eagle View Post
Did any here Scott Danns interview on soccer Saturday, alarm bells started ringing for me he said in a round about way that he wasn't convinced they would all know what they where doing come the first game
Didn't hear it. But at the match it was pretty obvious they did not know
Old 12-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's like a box set when you miss a few episodes.

So Allardyce did well and left..........and now we're trying to 3-4-3 tip tap our way to mid table at testimonial pace from Under 9s upwards.

Did I miss the episodes where we didn't panic or get too ahead of ourselves and employed someone similar to Allardyce to keep our heads above water...??
Stroud1

minch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
The club has been a shambles this summer. We got what we deserved today. Manager out of his depth and very limited squad strengthening. Add that to a stupid change in formation when you don't have the players to play in it and it's hardly surprising.
But this is not a bad squad( although Hennessy is not commanding enough and needs replacing ) but the tactics and selection today were schoolboy errors and showed a distinct lack of understanding of the intensity and pressure of the Premier. All very worrying as even our most seasoned players look down and dejected. I just hope De Boer learns quick and can motivate. Because on today's showing he has a mountain to climb.
Vikings No 6

Big Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesmad123 View Post
The problem is the board and there transfer policy. A proper scouting network would have identified key players who should have been with us at the friendly stage of season. Leaving it to the last day of the window picking up the scraps will eventually cost us.
Agree totally mad. No goalkeeper replacement which most of us knew we needed last season and to go into the season with 1 fit striker is ridiculous which again we all knew we needed last season. How was we going to get back into that game without another striker at least on the bench.

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Unlike me to say this but, we need time for this all to work. Shame it was Huddersfield that beat us today but eventually (and with new personnel) this will all click.

SmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
This is an article from Sky Sports when he was linked to Everton

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Some very interesting quotes in there:

"One criticism that he has had in the past couple of years is that it's too much sideways and not enough forwards," adds McDonald.

"I think it would surprise him how defensively organised the smaller teams are in England," says McDonald.

"When you have to break teams down, it's just a whole different ball game when opponents are so well organised. It's becoming much more difficult in the Premier League."

I think he nailed it.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:52 PM
The Rock

CPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC31 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
Unlike me to say this but, we need time for this all to work. Shame it was Huddersfield that beat us today but eventually (and with new personnel) this will all click.
No it wont
Old 12-08-2017, 05:52 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietst albans came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
By which point we'll be marooned at the bottom of the prem. there isn't time to bed in a new ******* system
Old 12-08-2017, 05:54 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Forget fdb. Why are we repeating the same mistake again and trying to run before we can walk. We are a very limited team that plays on the counter. You cannot change that overnight. I thought we learnt this lesson already!
Old 12-08-2017, 05:55 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRS View Post
I believe a lot of Ajax fans claimed he is stubborn and has no plan B when things aren't going well. If he thinks it's for the best then he should stick with it as a manger lives and dies by his decisions. At least when he ends up picking up a P45 then he can have no complaints.
Yeah, it must have been really bad playing that system and lots of times where it 'wasn't working ' during 4 consecutive championship winning seasons....

Last edited by Windsor_Eagle; 12-08-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:56 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Nope, still back three
I thought it looked like Ward had gone to full back but by that point I will admit my interest in the game had waned a bit. I stayed til the end but let's be honest, the game was already well and truly up.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:57 PM

Expat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExpat Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's all so familiar. This time last year... Jeez.
Old 12-08-2017, 05:59 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 View Post
He won't change from 343 anyone thet thinks he will is deluded. His dutch.
He moved to 4-4-2 in the second half. The big positive today for me was the debut performances of RLC and TFM. Give him a chance.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
Yeah, it must have been really bad playing that ststem and lots of time where it 'wasn't working ' during 4 consecutive championship winning seasons....
I could win the Dutch ******* league with Ajax. You're playing blokes on 500 a week, barely professionals, and you've got the pick of all the best young talent in Holland to do it with. Huddersfield are not Go Ahead Eagles or Cambuur.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:03 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
The game was lost in the first 25 minutes. The defensive set up is unfamiliar (looking at Cehlsea, Liverpool and Arsenal this is not unique to us). We then reverted back to the same old same old of panicking and not sure how to find a way back into the game. As we said so often last year, had Wilf's one on one gone in or Benteke's bullet header then it might have changed the complexion.

In oh so many ways it was a terrible performance but we just cannot go 'right let us never try and make some changes to just the counter attack' because we made a terrible start. Get 3 or 4 more in by the end of the window and give it a chance. It almost seems more detrimental to just give up on what we have been working on.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
I could win the Dutch ******* league with Ajax. You're playing blokes on 500 a week, barely professionals, and you've got the pick of all the best young talent in Holland to do it with. Huddersfield are not Go Ahead Eagles or Cambuur.
Except that he brought the title back to Ajax after quite a while of not winning it and (I believe) broke the record of 4 consecutive title wins. They've not won it since he left either.

Last edited by Windsor_Eagle; 12-08-2017 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:05 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
As much as I am gutted with this performance and result the bloke is entitled to more than 1 game before he gets his P45. PS has anyone thought of sending a hefty brown envelope to BFS to convince him to come out of retirement?
Old 12-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePrince Phillip : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This whole "revolution" thing is something you do in League One or below.
The high octane breathlessness of the Premier League certainly doesn't allow it.
You just end up getting get done. Like today.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:06 PM

swissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ward selection after all the pre season - odd. Cant dress it up we lost horribly to a team likely to be relegated
Closed Thread