Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old Yesterday, 11:48 PM

Oldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Life before Sky

Do you remember life before Sky TV? Was the football less exciting? I don't think so. Has vast amounts of money improved the excitement, the atmosphere or the experience of going to a game. I don't think so. It is now hugely difficult for everyone outside the top sides to compete. Add to that we now cannot watch the national team competing in football, rugby or cricket without it. As for boxing forget it. I will never subscribe. A plague on it.
Old Today, 12:11 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
You could say the same about mobile phones, desk top computers, cars that do everything but drive themselves (currently), we can go on...

Life evolves, and we will never know what it would be like without them.

It's one of the rights of passage as we get older to say, "It was better in my day".

But to your point... I was watching the Orient/Palace clip from 1979 in the Bromley FC thread and was asking myself the same question.
Old Today, 02:27 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sky opened up the world to the Premier League consequently there wasn't so much room for the local fan or domestic football.

Begs the question should the local fan take back local football and kick out the international portion? I personally think yes.
Old Today, 08:54 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
You could say the same about mobile phones, desk top computers, cars that do everything but drive themselves (currently), we can go on...

Life evolves, and we will never know what it would be like without them.

It's one of the rights of passage as we get older to say, "It was better in my day".

But to your point... I was watching the Orient/Palace clip from 1979 in the Bromley FC thread and was asking myself the same question.
A mistake in my view, that is often made, is to believe that every technical advancement is designed, applied and sold for the benefit of the consumer.

I can see only pharmaceuticals and medical aids actually fitting that purpose, everything else derives from innovations that have the prospect of making the designer a lot of money, which is why patents are used to avoid competition.

Life "evolves" technology wise, but it is not a natural selection process, as it is driven by capitalism and specifically enriches the few, at the cost of the many, in more ways than one.

I am not making an argument for abandoning technology and going back to the "old" days, but simply saying that "progress" means different things to different people and it is not in our gift to control the intent and outcomes of its effect. That is for the Murdochs of this world, and those with the means of investment.