Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-09-2017, 02:08 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfc View Post
Answered
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
And leaving the EU is going to help them how?
How about a Leave supporter gives a considered answer to this, with evidence to support their views:

Quote:
I despair of this thread. We seem to endlessly discuss the ills of Britain. Yet, nobody on the Leave side can indicate how these relate to the Brexit vote in terms of why the ills are the EU's fault. Is this an admittance that our problems are due to our own government's action?

In which case, what the **** is the purpose of the leave vote? What exactly were you voting for?

How will controlling immigration (beyond preventing EU immigrants arriving to take benefits) from the EU help any of this?

Do any of you actually have a ******* reason for voting Leave?
Old 13-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello View Post
A question for you all.

Do we think there is a correlation between those people who back Parish and those that oppose him and those that are remainers and those that are Brexiteers (in the same way that those people who support capital punishment tend to be on the Brexit side of the fence)?

It's an innocent question. Honestly.
Dunno. I've switched sides in the Parish stakes recently.
Old 13-09-2017, 02:14 PM

old geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
A question for you all.

Do we think there is a correlation between those people who back Parish and those that oppose him and those that are remainers and those that are Brexiteers (in the same way that those people who support capital punishment tend to be on the Brexit side of the fence)?

Somehow I think it is far from innocent!
Old 13-09-2017, 02:20 PM
Skin the Tagain

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
How about a Leave supporter gives a considered answer to this, with evidence to support their views:
Here goes, this is the answer, it may not be the one you want but here it is.

When you start quoting yourself its time to give the thread a rest.

Last edited by Skintagain; 13-09-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 13-09-2017, 02:24 PM
Skin the Tagain

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
A question for you all.

I back Parish to the extent I'll still buy a season ticket, I'm disappointed that nothing significant has happened to improving the ground or moving, we need to get the capacity up for when the sky bubble bursts. I'm disappointed we didn't get another striker when even a lower league striker would've helped.

Do I think we should hang him for it, probably not.

Last edited by Skintagain; 13-09-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old 13-09-2017, 02:25 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post

When start quoting yourself its time to give the thread a rest.
Well, it was directed at pfc who stated he'd answered my questions whilst ignoring those two, that are in the response you've quoted.

Thought it might be worth seeing if any other Leavers wanted to join in.

Wasn't expecting much, and you've duly delivered.
Old 13-09-2017, 02:28 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:

When start quoting yourself its time to give the thread a rest.
" If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do."

James 1:5-8
Old 13-09-2017, 02:32 PM
Skin the Tagain

Thank you, High Priest of the Church of the EU Quivering Brethren.
Old 13-09-2017, 02:41 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
No problem. I am sure you would find it more helpful if I quoted from the Brexit bible where Farage plays Jesus and Dominic Cummings plays Judas but alas you all seem reluctant to give me a copy.

From what I gather they have similar threads though.
Old 13-09-2017, 02:42 PM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Poor and does not work - we have material evidence to back up our assertions that the ills of the UK have nothing to do with the EU/SM/CU

We don't rely on mysticism, superstition and backward belief which the Church of Brexshit has to
Old 13-09-2017, 03:02 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Reading some of the UK Government Brexit papers, it seems they take the very Aristotelian view of "While everything changes, everything remains the same". Or perhaps they take the more appropriate French version of Plus a change, plus c'est la mme chose
Old 13-09-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
Reading some of the UK Government Brexit papers, it seems they take the very Aristotelian view of "While everything changes, everything remains the same". Or perhaps they take the more appropriate French version of Plus a change, plus c'est la mme chose
John grace highlights this well

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Basically Hammond admitting that if anything important changes we are ****ed.
Old 13-09-2017, 03:32 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
More interesting stuff from Leave HQ/Alliance. If this is anywhere near true then the UK is about to screw its chances of negotiating a good outcome.

1. Our intel is that May is going to announce in her speech that she's to give formal notice to leave the EEA.

2. And, in an attempt to by-pass the Commission, extend an invitation to all the EEA members to enter into direct talks with the UK

3. This would be to create a new EEA Agreement, under a different name, without the four freedoms ... just trading rules.

4. She's not going to walk away, but it will be a take it or leave it offer. Either take it or we walk.

5. It would appear they are going with the Legatum* template.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

6. The idea that existing EEA members will seek to weaken their agreement is delusional. Close to insane.

7. If this is the UK proposal then May will end up with egg n her face and we'll be back to square one - or walking away with nothing.

8. Government clearly misses the point that any deal must be substantially more than just trade.

9. The EU is not about to unpick the entire EEA agreement for the sole benefit of the UK. What is May smoking?

10. EEA agreement is configurable for the UK but anything beyond that is howling mad.

11. More to the point, the EU could not be any clearer that no talks on trade etc will happen until divorce terms agreed.

12. This smells like an attempt to circumvent the entire process. A refusal to engage. It will not succeed.

* This is the "think tank" that seems to have captured Davis/Fox. It has zero experience in EU policy.
Old 13-09-2017, 03:50 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Racehorse and others keep blaming migrants and FOM for low wages despite it being totally and utterly untrue. And takes away from the real issues of union membership, anti union laws and austerity politics.

But a question. Do they also think Irish people should have FOM taken away from the UK? If not, what's the difference?
Old 13-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Racehorse and others keep blaming migrants and FOM for low wages despite it being totally and utterly untrue.
You keep thinking and believing that sonny. None as blind etc.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

Last edited by Biggineagle; 13-09-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Old 13-09-2017, 03:56 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
You keep thinking that sonny. None as blind etc.
None so blind as you and your bigoted lot, who would rather lick the boots of the rich than have solidarity with other workers.

By the logic of migrants pushing down wages, you would have not only been against women entering the workforce, but would have to think that countries with bigger populations have lower wages. Of course that's not true at all and the nonsense of it was debunked years ago in the fallacy of labour.
Old 13-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
None so blind as you and your bigoted lot, who would rather lick the boots of the rich than have solidarity with other workers.

By the logic of migrants pushing down wages, you would have not only been against women entering the workforce, but would have to think that countries with bigger populations have lower wages. Of course that's not true at all and the nonsense of it was debunked years ago in the fallacy of labour.
Sure. What a load of old tripe and lies that post is cockerknee.

Old 13-09-2017, 04:01 PM

pfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Well, it was directed at pfc who stated he'd answered my questions whilst ignoring those two, that are in the response you've quoted.

Thought it might be worth seeing if any other Leavers wanted to join in.

Wasn't expecting much, and you've duly delivered.
Sorry must've missed them 2 questions. What were they?
Old 13-09-2017, 04:08 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfc View Post
Sorry must've missed them 2 questions. What were they?
Keep up and answer ze qwestions. Or else.

Old 13-09-2017, 04:11 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
A question for you all.

That needs to go into a correlation graph, but how do you collate the statistics.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.

FWIW I'm a remainer in both camps, but I can understand why people would vote the other way as well.

SP deserves an awful lot more time, and the decision to have a vote on Brexit needed an awful lot more time as well.