Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-09-2017, 11:06 AM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Interesting that Apple now consider the on parity with the $
I saw that :$ price parity on the iPhone story yesterday and was at first a bit surprised. But thinking about it, US retail prices are usually advertised excluding sales tax, whereas UK retail prices are advertised including VAT.

So taking out the VAT brings the UK net price down to about 830 (vs $999). That's still not a reduction equivalent to the c.1:1.3 current :$ exchange rate though.

Apple may have a crystal ball with regard to future downward :$ rate moves, or the difference may be due to our special right hand drive models (). Or of course they could just be money grabbing covfefe's that are systematically premium charging in our market

Last edited by Johnnieboy; 14-09-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 14-09-2017, 11:12 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
Ahhhhhh, the perpetual get out clause... attribute anything bad to the impact of Brexit and anything good throw in the line "but we haven't left yet".

It's how remainers have managed to avoid any piece of news that might challenge their world view.
No - I said none of the above. Ie: John Lewis down - Next up - none of the above
Old 14-09-2017, 11:29 AM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Back in March I posted this:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I received no answer and I'm still ignorant of really how being outside the EU will effect the UK's biggest export - financial services.
In a worse case scenario, exported financial services could be majorly reduced.
UK domiciled companies will NOT be able to gain clients in the internal market. Currently UK fund managers have 2.7bn of overseas clients money. They will lose the passporting rights if we crash out. Multinational banks and fund houses will relocate their HQ. Taking jobs with them.
Old 14-09-2017, 11:33 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
John Lewis has been in decline for around 5 years due competition from other cheaper retailers , The wealthy are no longer embarrassed to shop at Lidl or Primark infact it's now viewed as savvy cool to boast about it .
Isn't this the key to shopping in general in the UK. There is no customer/brand loyalty and people will shop were they perceive they get the best deal. I'm not sure John Lewis has a long term future, brexit or no brexit. I have no problem with this as long as the working conditions are addressed. i.e the removal or nearly all zero contract hours and the paying of a decent, liveable wage as well as far better restrictions on how this goods are manufactured/produced. This of course will increase the cost to the consumer. Unfortunately i can't see the current government doing this, brexit or no brexit.
Old 14-09-2017, 11:44 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
[QUOTE=chelmsfordeagle;13845148 I'm not sure John Lewis has a long term future, brexit or no brexit. .[/QUOTE]

one would hope that it does being a good example of the partnership/coop model for one.

SaulAlinsky
Old 14-09-2017, 11:55 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
John Lewis has been in decline for around 5 years due competition from other cheaper retailers , The wealthy are no longer embarrassed to shop at Lidl or Primark infact it's now viewed as savvy cool to boast about it .
Didn't everyone buy their large flat screen TVs, iPads, Kindles etc. a couple of years ago and found they don't need replacing. Technology sales a big boost to their income in recent years.

Also popped into a Waitrose earlier in the week (not my normal shop) and noticed if I spent 10 they would knock the cost of my Guardian (2) of the bill. And reading a couple of months ago about people popping in and getting a coffee without buying anything. Must also be part of the problem.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 14-09-2017, 11:58 AM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacea View Post
John Lewis profits halve, and due to their own incompetence the Chairman blames Brexit to cover his own failings. In other news JD Sports profits up 41%.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

Old 14-09-2017, 12:03 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
one would hope that it does being a good example of the partnership/coop model for one.
You pressed the right neg button instead of the pos button this time
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

Last edited by Biggineagle; 14-09-2017 at 12:06 PM.
Old 14-09-2017, 12:05 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIZARD View Post
Next profits are up, so is this due to Brexit or not due to Brexit - I can't keep up anymore!

To view the link you have to Register or Login
You may want to read that link
Old 14-09-2017, 12:05 PM

WIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
from your own link

Next Plc (LON:NXT) reported a decline in first-half profits and sales

In the six months to July, profit before tax dropped 9.5% to 309.3mln from the same period a year ago and total group sales fell 2.2% to 1.9bn.

Next blamed the weak sales on the consumer squeeze from falling disposable incomes. A slump in the pound since the Brexit vote has pushed inflation higher while wages rises have failed to keep up with rising prices.
I stand corrected!! I only read this bit;

Next shares surge as the fashion retailer lifts full-year estimates

I thought a 10% rise in share price must mean it was good news, apparently not!
Old 14-09-2017, 12:09 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I stand corrected!! I only read this bit;

Next shares surge as the fashion retailer lifts full-year estimates

I thought a 10% rise in share price must mean it was good news, apparently not!
And there in a nutshell is the problem with many Brexiters. Never mind the details, what's the headline?
Old 14-09-2017, 12:11 PM

WIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
And there in a nutshell is the problem with many Brexiters. Never mind the details, what's the headline?
Sorry to disappoint you! You patronising twonk!
Old 14-09-2017, 12:30 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
twonk!
good word!
Old 14-09-2017, 12:39 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Venues for big PM speeches on Europe are always chosen carefully as there's generally some symbolism & for May it's no different. Next week she'll address Brexit in Florence, Italy, a city whose once great banking hub went into decline.
Old 14-09-2017, 12:44 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Maydici
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 14-09-2017, 01:02 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Maydici
Very good
Old 14-09-2017, 01:05 PM
Wagon Painter

In other news, David Davis's Department won't release their studies on impact of "hard" Brexit on 50 UK sectors. They say they're exempt from the Freedom of Information Act (which the Government will definitely leave alone once they have executive power to change any legislation without Parliament's oversight). They also refuse to disclose their association with the Legatum Institute who may or may not be behind recent Government submissions for Brexit negotiations.
Old 14-09-2017, 01:07 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
In other news, David Davis's Department won't release their studies on impact of "hard" Brexit on 50 UK sectors. They say they're exempt from the Freedom of Information Act (which the Government will definitely leave alone once they have executive power to change any legislation without Parliament's oversight). They also refuse to disclose their association with the Legatum Institute who may or may not be behind recent Government submissions for Brexit negotiations.
Taking back control. (To the Tories and **** off the plebs).
Old 14-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Wagon Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Maydici
Kicking the Tus-Can down the road?
Old 14-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Wagon Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
Taking back control. (To the Tories and **** off the plebs).
Next steps: Theresa May pulls a rusty sword from a lake and claims supreme executive power is indeed derived from some farcical aquatic ceremony.