Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 17-05-2018, 06:06 AM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
School trips of yesteryear.

This has only just come to my attention, but after the Grenfell conclusion that it is still 'safe' to use cladding that catches fire, I was wondering about the Main stand cladding ?

What standards does this meet ? OK, the chances of anything catching fire are extremely remote, but out of interest, I wondered what its capabilities were of resisting fire ? And yes, it's going to be pulled down soon,....but I was curious

Long gone are the days when we could build houses from asbestos 'the material of the future'. I even went on a school trip to an asbestos factory in the late 1970's
Old 17-05-2018, 06:32 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
Long gone are the days when we could build houses from asbestos 'the material of the future'. I even went on a school trip to an asbestos factory in the late 1970's
That is genuinely amazing

‘Hey kids, I know you all liked that Asbestos factory, but this week we’re going to take a visit to an Anthrax plant!’
Old 17-05-2018, 08:01 AM

Nigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
That is genuinely amazing

‘Hey kids, I know you all liked that Asbestos factory, but this week we’re going to take a visit to an Anthrax plant!’
I thought our college trip to an industrial laundry in Wimbledon was bad!
Old 17-05-2018, 08:10 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
We did Dungeness nuclear power plant visit.

The promo film we watched was right out of the Simpsons!
Old 17-05-2018, 08:21 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
We went to a sewage works.
Old 17-05-2018, 08:25 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
We went to the Cutty Sark.
About 5 years running.

Regards the cladding - at the end of the day, it's hardly a high rise block is it? In the event of a fire you either use the nearest fire exit, or walk out onto the pitch!

I'd be more concerned that it's a wooden stand TBH rather than worry about the cladding
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 17-05-2018, 09:03 AM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As a school kid:
I bought cigarettes off the ice-cream man who parked in the playground at lunch
Visited an asbestos factory where they made pre-fab buildings
Went down a mine-shaft and bought some coal-tar soap (coal tar now recognised as containing toxins and carcinogens)
Ran a cross-country course (off school premises) where the flasher and paedo hung-out.
Made home-made bazookas out of fireworks with the cub-scouts
Went knocking on doors of an evening , collecting money for the cubs.
Old 17-05-2018, 09:14 AM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We went to the Ford factory in Dagenham. An enjoyable day out.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 17-05-2018, 09:45 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
As a school kid:
I bought cigarettes off the ice-cream man who parked in the playground at lunch
Visited an asbestos factory where they made pre-fab buildings
Went down a mine-shaft and bought some coal-tar soap (coal tar now recognised as containing toxins and carcinogens)
Ran a cross-country course (off school premises) where the flasher and paedo hung-out.
Made home-made bazookas out of fireworks with the cub-scouts
Went knocking on doors of an evening , collecting money for the cubs.
I remember us having a fireworks rocket battle across Bellngham Play Park with another group of lads one night. Happy days.
Old 17-05-2018, 10:01 AM

Jimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJimmy Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
This has only just come to my attention, but after the Grenfell conclusion that it is still 'safe' to use cladding that catches fire, I was wondering about the Main stand cladding ?

What standards does this meet ? OK, the chances of anything catching fire are extremely remote, but out of interest, I wondered what its capabilities were of resisting fire ? And yes, it's going to be pulled down soon,....but I was curious

I thought a school trip to the Woodmansterne Water Treatment Works was bad
Old 17-05-2018, 10:07 AM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Post-season drivel kicking in.
Old 17-05-2018, 10:30 AM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Yeah, my Dad took us to an away match at The Valley too when we were young.
"That’s the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 17-05-2018, 12:07 PM

100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
So did we - it was a load of shit.
Old 17-05-2018, 02:34 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
You lucky bastards. We went to Godstone farm about 7 years in a row.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 17-05-2018, 02:56 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
And Outwood f*cking Windmill too many times. I don't even know where Outwood is. Is it a place?
Old 17-05-2018, 03:05 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
And Outwood f*cking Windmill too many times. I don't even know where Outwood is. Is it a place?
I love that little place. No idea why just a nice drive through.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 17-05-2018, 03:08 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikie Punisher View Post
Yeah, my Dad took us to an away match at The Valley too when we were young.
Pmsl
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 17-05-2018, 03:19 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yep. South of Bletchingly and I believe that Judi Dench lives there. That windmill is really old - it's written somewhere that when they were building it, they could see smoke from the Great Fire of London.
Old 17-05-2018, 03:21 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
Post-season drivel kicking in.
Damn right.
Old 17-05-2018, 04:32 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanet Eagle View Post
We went to the Ford factory in Dagenham. An enjoyable day out.

Same here. Very interesting and back when they pretty much made every component that went into the Ford Cortina.

Also did a Ball Bearing factory up Colchester way and Dungernes power station.

Classic BBS thread!