Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 04-09-2017, 10:25 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
I have had what I would call situational depression, it feels manic as when the situation (extreme Pain) dissipates a bit I go on this manic stage. Then Calmer then pain and then the cycle starts again. It an absolute nightmare the continuous pain periods are where I get genuinely suicidal with pain and frustration. When I looked up how to do it couldn't believe how ******* hard it is to do it quickly and painlessly.

With hindsight just as well I suppose

Found some relief with a heavy dose of Steroids but **** they played havoc with the mood as well cant ******* win plus they won't let you stay on them so as fast as I got relief I now have to taper down and get the rebound. I have had the whole pharmaceutical armoury thrown at me (for the pain) and not got any relief. Not tried them all as some of the side affects of the anti seizure meds looked more scary than the pain and ******* nightmare to get off them as they lose their benefits so you keep doubling up over a period.

They offered me counselling of Various types, pain clinics phone support, but I know that take the pain away and I am ok from a mental health POV. The pain has been around for 3.5 years. But went in to overdrive in October

Not sure why I posted really as not a true clinical depression. Seen first hand what a blunt instrument healthcare is without a easy text book symptom list. They are now venturing in to the Twilight zone list.
Hope you don't think I'm prying mate but what / where is the pain ? I only ask as my brother suffered excruciating pain in his hands and feet when he had chromic fatigue and depression
Old 04-09-2017, 11:14 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Its a mega long story but facial pain, both sides mainly all around the sinuses and eyes, ears and neck. Went 2.5 years with everyone telling me it is idiopathic Facial Pain (no cause) The swelling symptom started 9 months ago and that is agony swelling is one sided. Can last hours, days or weeks. On top of the symptom I had before I am fairly confident I have some sort of immune disorder. But had every blood test the GP can muster and just one slight single item in my liver, which they say is borderline normal anyway (amazed with all its been through).

My only advice to everyone on this thread and to keep it on topic is identify a GP who listens and cares and ignores previous diagnosis and makes their own. It took 9 visits in four weeks for me to find that person who didn't keep looking at all the consultants who I had been to over the last 2 years and diagnosed the facial pain. I am talking at least 8 if not more NHS and Private. I have always been 100% committed that it wasn't nerve pain.

A top tip for this if you are in a large surgery is the one who a running spot on your appointment time and wind the conversation down in less than 8 mins are not the ones, the ones who a re running late already at 10am are the ones you want to see!

Last edited by Vendy; 04-09-2017 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:52 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
Its a mega long story but facial pain, both sides mainly all around the sinuses and eyes, ears and neck. Went 2.5 years with everyone telling me it is idiopathic Facial Pain (no cause) The swelling symptom started 9 months ago and that is agony swelling is one sided. Can last hours, days or weeks. On top of the symptom I had before I am fairly confident I have some sort of immune disorder. But had every blood test the GP can muster and just one slight single item in my liver, which they say is borderline normal anyway (amazed with all its been through).

My only advice to everyone on this thread and to keep it on topic is identify a GP who listens and cares and ignores previous diagnosis and makes their own. It took 9 visits in four weeks for me to find that person who didn't keep looking at all the consultants who I had been to over the last 2 years and diagnosed the facial pain. I am talking at least 8 if not more NHS and Private. I have always been 100% committed that it wasn't nerve pain.

A top tip for this if you are in a large surgery is the one who a running spot on your appointment time and wind the conversation down in less than 8 mins are not the ones, the ones who a re running late already at 10am are the ones you want to see!
Sounds terrible mate

Hope you get it sorted.

Best of luck
Old 05-09-2017, 08:24 AM

SICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Oxted Eagle View Post
Don't usually hear AD meds causing weight gain , in my experience it's usually anti psychotics. Before you went on sertraline did you have a regular eating pattern or were you picking here and there I know it's simplistic but often when you are unwell your eating pattern is ruined
No, I was eating well and healthily. I'll speak to the doctor about it next time I go back and see him.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:09 PM
Eagles - CPFC & Philly

ardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I got a prescription for sertraline today, my mate was on it and said first week is a bit rough, so looking forward to that, then hopefully will see a bit of an improvement afterwards.

Just need something to help me through the next few months at work as we are down on staff and really busy, then things should calm down and i'll be able to look after myself better.

BBS competitive honours:
Fantasy NFL Keeper League Champion 2011/12, 2012/13
Tour de France Velogames wooden spoon 2012
Fantasy NFL League Champion 2009/10, Runner Up 2010/11
Formula 1 Prediction League Champion 2010
Betting Masters Champions League Cup Runner Up 2009/10
Old 05-09-2017, 01:24 PM

SICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSICHDA was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeo View Post
I got a prescription for sertraline today, my mate was on it and said first week is a bit rough, so looking forward to that, then hopefully will see a bit of an improvement afterwards.

Just need something to help me through the next few months at work as we are down on staff and really busy, then things should calm down and i'll be able to look after myself better.
The main side effect I got was dizzy spells/feeling faint, and nausea. After the first week or so it died down. Have been on it since March now and it's helped, although I may look at starting to come off it soon.
Old 18-09-2017, 05:33 PM

100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm really ******* bad at the moment, but on my way to the other side. For how long, who knows, but being back on the tablets is making me so sick.
Old 18-09-2017, 06:17 PM
Can't re member

Jules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is hereJules Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100% Palace View Post
I'm really ******* bad at the moment, but on my way to the other side. For how long, who knows, but being back on the tablets is making me so sick.

Sorry to hear this. Not that there needs to be a cause, but is there something going on that is dragging your mood down?
Old 18-09-2017, 06:28 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Sorry to hear this. Not that there needs to be a cause, but is there something going on that is dragging your mood down?
Have you seen Palace this season?
Old 18-09-2017, 07:10 PM

100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post

There has been, but I'm getting on top of it now.
Old 18-09-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
Have you seen Palace this season?

Not yet, but I'm going tomorrow!
Old 07-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
I feel terrible.

I feel so alone and I feel like my life has no direction and no purpose for the vast majority of the time. It makes me feel like what's the point in my life. I don't feel like I bring anything of benefit to the world and I genuinely struggle to see that anyone would miss me.

Those things probably aren't true when I can rationalise them but that requires so much effort and I'm so tired. Tired of feeling alone, tired of just passing time. What's the point. I really, really don't understand what is wrong with me and why I've felt like this for such a long time.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 07-10-2017, 08:16 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
I feel terrible.

I feel so alone and I feel like my life has no direction and no purpose for the vast majority of the time. It makes me feel like what's the point in my life. I don't feel like I bring anything of benefit to the world and I genuinely struggle to see that anyone would miss me.

Those things probably aren't true when I can rationalise them but that requires so much effort and I'm so tired. Tired of feeling alone, tired of just passing time. What's the point. I really, really don't understand what is wrong with me and why I've felt like this for such a long time.
Sorry to hear that Woosie

I can't offer any advice really other than stay strong
Old 07-10-2017, 08:29 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I feel terrible.

I don't know if it helps Woosie but it seems to me lonely people are the majority rather than the minority these days. Which is a sad indictment of this capitalist feck you world we live in. Hope you find someone to share your world with mate. A friendlier socialist Britain is round the corner anyway, stay strong brother.

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:31 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I feel terrible.

If you want to know the meaning of life, go to a wedding. Once there, stand next to as many middle-aged people as you can find or who'll tolerate your presence, and just listen to what they're saying to each other; their achievements, their gains, their gloss, their bullshit - it'll give you a wonderful sense of what normal people value, and what makes them get up in the morning.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:35 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I feel terrible.

Matt you do realise there's thousands of Palace fans who rely on your excellent knowledge and reports on all things reguarding the academy?. Is there a project you could get stuck into with knowledge in both fields as I'm thinking there must be hundreds if not thousands of young lads around the country who've been rejected by the club they've devoted their lives to and I'd think quite a high % fall into depression afterwards. We don't hear about it and it would be an interesting read.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:36 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Btw not seen Carol lately but will still try and get that U-15 line up for you
Old 07-10-2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
I don't know if it helps Woosie but it seems to me lonely people are the majority rather than the minority these days. Which is a sad indictment of this capitalist feck you world we live in. Hope you find someone to share your world with mate. A friendlier socialist Britain is round the corner anyway, stay strong brother.
Apparently loneliness is a huge problem in this country and needs resolving. Good post btw Elgin
Old 07-10-2017, 08:53 PM

leps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldleps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldleps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldleps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldleps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldleps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldleps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldleps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldleps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldleps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldleps was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Woosie,

I rarely post on here, but I've read posts on the site most days and I've listened to the podcasts for many years, including the holmesdale radio ones you used to be on. We've never met, I don't know you personally, but I feel like I know just a little bit about you.

You seem to have a real passion for Palace. You also have a passion for the work the academy does - so much so that you write very persuasive articles about it. You care about what happens.

I can't presume to tell you what you should do to feel better. But I do want to encourage you to stay hopeful and to live as actively as you can. Try to do stuff that you like as much as possible so that you spend less time worrying about stuff. There will still be bad days, but you need to push through those to get to the good days, and appreciate when those days come and savour every moment.

I really hope you feel better and stay better. Good luck.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:56 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
I feel terrible.
I don't feel like I bring anything of benefit to the world
TBF Woosie that could apply to nearly everyone on the planet. On the reverse, what benefits do Trump, or the creators of Facebook, Twitter or smartphones bring to the world.

Stay strong chap.

Either that or come and live in Chile. Almost constant sunshine, fresh foods, teaching and very soon finding a loving partner will cure you of most of your demons.

I have suffered a long time back, and despite some stresses not had a single episode in the 15 years I have lived here.