Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter
 
CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #5261  
Old 01-02-2018, 02:03 PM
brighton_eagle's Avatar
brighton_eagle brighton_eagle is offline
Lovely
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Age: 47
Posts: 49,459
Rep Power: 21474855
brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Those bad dreams about death.. one of them was about my dog but didnít want to tempt fate. Sadly, I found out this morning our beautiful German Shepherd died this morning. Havenít stopped crying today. If you havenít had a dog in your life then itís hard for you to understand but they really are the best species on this planet. They are the only ones that will love you more than they love themselves. Woke up to a text this morning tell me that Jake had died. Mum lives in France now and Iím back in Croydon after we left Sussex 2 years ago. All I know is, is that heís died and sheís got to dig a hole for him on the land. So so sad. So upsetting.

Dealt with my demons quite well recently. Definitely havenít been having any negative thoughts or wanted to harm myself. Iíve just dusted myself off and tried to get on with life. I really hope this wonít be the start of the negativity all over again. I think Iím gonna have to go over to France to see Mum and the other dogs who give me such great comfort. Like I said it may sound daft to others as itís ďjust an animalĒ but dogs are such a great part in a family and if youíve never had a dog you really should welcome one in to your family. I didnít want to start a new thread about my dog and I know this doesnít compare to depression but itís all the same with me if thatís alright. This is a place where I can get shit off my chest. It hurts as well as I havenít been able to go to France to see Mum and the dogs for probably about a year and I was planning to go 2/3 weeks ago purely cos I miss the gang. Now I wonít be able to see him again.

Hope everyone is ok that comes on to this thread.

Love you Jake x
Sorry for your loss. I've lost pets before, and one of my dogs is currently very ill and may not last much longer. It's thrown me in a way I wasn't expecting at all, particularly as I lost my mum about a month ago. I imagine your first visit to France with him not around will be particularly tough. Sending you my best.
Reply With Quote
  #5262  
Old 01-02-2018, 02:30 PM
Am Phibian's Avatar
Am Phibian Am Phibian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ville d'amuse
Posts: 3,712
Rep Power: 21474844
Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Those bad dreams about death.. one of them was about my dog but didnít want to tempt fate. Sadly, I found out this morning our beautiful German Shepherd died this morning. Havenít stopped crying today. If you havenít had a dog in your life then itís hard for you to understand but they really are the best species on this planet. They are the only ones that will love you more than they love themselves. Woke up to a text this morning tell me that Jake had died. Mum lives in France now and Iím back in Croydon after we left Sussex 2 years ago. All I know is, is that heís died and sheís got to dig a hole for him on the land. So so sad. So upsetting.

Dealt with my demons quite well recently. Definitely havenít been having any negative thoughts or wanted to harm myself. Iíve just dusted myself off and tried to get on with life. I really hope this wonít be the start of the negativity all over again. I think Iím gonna have to go over to France to see Mum and the other dogs who give me such great comfort. Like I said it may sound daft to others as itís ďjust an animalĒ but dogs are such a great part in a family and if youíve never had a dog you really should welcome one in to your family. I didnít want to start a new thread about my dog and I know this doesnít compare to depression but itís all the same with me if thatís alright. This is a place where I can get shit off my chest. It hurts as well as I havenít been able to go to France to see Mum and the dogs for probably about a year and I was planning to go 2/3 weeks ago purely cos I miss the gang. Now I wonít be able to see him again.

Hope everyone is ok that comes on to this thread.

Love you Jake x
I hear you. Still think about my dog practically every day and she died 33 years ago. Such a big part of my early years and am not so much sad now, though am still a bit, but more grateful she was a major part of my life story. Good memories as your Jake will be for you.
Reply With Quote
  #5263  
Old 01-02-2018, 03:56 PM
gold76's Avatar
gold76 gold76 is offline
Keeping The Faith
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Haywards Heath
Age: 42
Posts: 32,425
Rep Power: 21474851
gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Sorry for your loss, losing a beloved pet is a horrible thing, they are part of the family
__________________
Co-founding father of the 70's gang
Reply With Quote
  #5264  
Old 05-02-2018, 06:54 PM
SeanPalace84 SeanPalace84 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 16,160
Rep Power: 21474842
SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Really hoping the next few months will get better and that it's just the time of year.

Does anyone else find it really hard to take criticism or being told what to do? In the last couple of months I've suddenly had no patience and just get stressed so easily.
Reply With Quote
  #5265  
Old 05-02-2018, 07:03 PM
Lombardarian's Avatar
Lombardarian Lombardarian is offline
King of Curry
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: 5 large shots of Krony before KO
Posts: 1,045
Rep Power: 1531798
Lombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post
Really hoping the next few months will get better and that it's just the time of year.

Does anyone else find it really hard to take criticism or being told what to do? In the last couple of months I've suddenly had no patience and just get stressed so easily.
Yes, I have been feeling similar especially recently and can relate to this. My boss(female) in particular seems to have turned into a man-hater recently. She has become very hard to deal with and seems very patronising when speaking with me about work despite me having been working there 8years and been relatively quite successful in my sales stats recently.
Reply With Quote
  #5266  
Old 05-02-2018, 07:12 PM
Worksop Palace's Avatar
Worksop Palace Worksop Palace is offline
Tomato Sausage Muncher
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Age: 47
Posts: 19,113
Rep Power: 21474841
Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Yep

Things seem to be on a downward spiral for me (and others) at work.

Not a great time. Just got to keep everything in perspective if you can I suppose
__________________
It's the hope that kills you
Reply With Quote
  #5267  
Old 05-02-2018, 07:40 PM
the drexciyan the drexciyan is offline
techno sapiens
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11,318
Rep Power: 21474841
the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
I've been off with stress recently, basically burnt out a bit. Went back in today but feel transformed. I'm much more than an employee of that company and all those crap expectations and unspoken cultures of working 60+ hours a week.

What worked for me was pissing off for a week and driving around the Scottish Highlands and walking up hills etc, that got the energy back.

More long term i downloaded and use the Headspace App for mindfulness meditation. It is the sort of thing I wish i knew 20 years ago but glad to get into it now.

Well worth a go, first 10 sessions are free then it works out at a fiver or so every month.
__________________
© SOUTH LONDON PRODUCTIONS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Reply With Quote
  #5268  
Old 05-02-2018, 07:41 PM
the drexciyan the drexciyan is offline
techno sapiens
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11,318
Rep Power: 21474841
the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
And thoughts and best wishes with everyone on this thread.
__________________
© SOUTH LONDON PRODUCTIONS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Reply With Quote
  #5269  
Old 05-02-2018, 08:00 PM
SeanPalace84 SeanPalace84 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 16,160
Rep Power: 21474842
SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Have just downloaded the app! Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #5270  
Old 05-02-2018, 08:53 PM
the drexciyan the drexciyan is offline
techno sapiens
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11,318
Rep Power: 21474841
the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post
Have just downloaded the app! Thanks.
Andy has a really cool voice and explains everything really calmly
__________________
© SOUTH LONDON PRODUCTIONS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Reply With Quote
  #5271  
Old 05-02-2018, 08:56 PM
Worksop Palace's Avatar
Worksop Palace Worksop Palace is offline
Tomato Sausage Muncher
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Age: 47
Posts: 19,113
Rep Power: 21474841
Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
I've been off with stress recently, basically burnt out a bit. Went back in today but feel transformed. I'm much more than an employee of that company and all those crap expectations and unspoken cultures of working 60+ hours a week.

What worked for me was pissing off for a week and driving around the Scottish Highlands and walking up hills etc, that got the energy back.

More long term i downloaded and use the Headspace App for mindfulness meditation. It is the sort of thing I wish i knew 20 years ago but glad to get into it now.

Well worth a go, first 10 sessions are free then it works out at a fiver or so every month.
Sorry to hear that mate, but pleased you’re on the mend and hope to see you post more on the BBS - I’ve noticed you don’t seem to have been on much lately

I’ll download that App. Prevention better than cure etc.
__________________
It's the hope that kills you
Reply With Quote
  #5272  
Old 05-02-2018, 08:58 PM
the drexciyan the drexciyan is offline
techno sapiens
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11,318
Rep Power: 21474841
the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Thanks WE. All the best with you too.
__________________
© SOUTH LONDON PRODUCTIONS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Reply With Quote
  #5273  
Old 05-02-2018, 09:09 PM
elgin eagle's Avatar
elgin eagle elgin eagle is offline
Trainer Specialist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: scotland
Age: 49
Posts: 43,266
Rep Power: 21474854
elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
Thanks WE. All the best with you too.
Next time you are up this way drop us a pm mate. Hope everything is going better now.
__________________
www.matchedbettingblog.com

Free money.
Reply With Quote
  #5274  
Old 05-02-2018, 09:54 PM
CPFC85's Avatar
CPFC85 CPFC85 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Age: 46
Posts: 2,090
Rep Power: 12295719
CPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
I've been off with stress recently, basically burnt out a bit. Went back in today but feel transformed. I'm much more than an employee of that company and all those crap expectations and unspoken cultures of working 60+ hours a week.

What worked for me was pissing off for a week and driving around the Scottish Highlands and walking up hills etc, that got the energy back.

More long term i downloaded and use the Headspace App for mindfulness meditation. It is the sort of thing I wish i knew 20 years ago but glad to get into it now.

Well worth a go, first 10 sessions are free then it works out at a fiver or so every month.
Mindfulness and Running do the trick for me. Not at the same time mind
Reply With Quote
  #5275  
Old 05-02-2018, 09:56 PM
CPFC85's Avatar
CPFC85 CPFC85 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Age: 46
Posts: 2,090
Rep Power: 12295719
CPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Those bad dreams about death.. one of them was about my dog but didnít want to tempt fate. Sadly, I found out this morning our beautiful German Shepherd died this morning. Havenít stopped crying today. If you havenít had a dog in your life then itís hard for you to understand but they really are the best species on this planet. They are the only ones that will love you more than they love themselves. Woke up to a text this morning tell me that Jake had died. Mum lives in France now and Iím back in Croydon after we left Sussex 2 years ago. All I know is, is that heís died and sheís got to dig a hole for him on the land. So so sad. So upsetting.

Dealt with my demons quite well recently. Definitely havenít been having any negative thoughts or wanted to harm myself. Iíve just dusted myself off and tried to get on with life. I really hope this wonít be the start of the negativity all over again. I think Iím gonna have to go over to France to see Mum and the other dogs who give me such great comfort. Like I said it may sound daft to others as itís ďjust an animalĒ but dogs are such a great part in a family and if youíve never had a dog you really should welcome one in to your family. I didnít want to start a new thread about my dog and I know this doesnít compare to depression but itís all the same with me if thatís alright. This is a place where I can get shit off my chest. It hurts as well as I havenít been able to go to France to see Mum and the dogs for probably about a year and I was planning to go 2/3 weeks ago purely cos I miss the gang. Now I wonít be able to see him again.

Hope everyone is ok that comes on to this thread.

Love you Jake x
Sorry for your loss.

Please consider investing in this book at some stage.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Reply With Quote
  #5276  
Old 06-02-2018, 02:14 PM
the drexciyan the drexciyan is offline
techno sapiens
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11,318
Rep Power: 21474841
the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC85 View Post
Mindfulness and Running do the trick for me. Not at the same time mind
Yeah same. Running has always been really good for me, nothing beats getting out in any weather and feeling the elements on your face. Going out now actually too. I have noticed that if I dont go out running now to treat that as an indicator for an underlying stress factor or issue, ie too much work and the negative spiral for the health. There was one time in my life when I was depressed and that making the effort to go running seemed monumental, but the struggle was worth it to get through and get active.

Funnily enough you mention it there have been many times in the past when I've been out on a long run, on a trail or very quiet and all i have focused on is the breathing, i dont know if that is mindfulness but it helped with the focus and purpose of the session. I didn't close the eyes though
__________________
© SOUTH LONDON PRODUCTIONS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Reply With Quote
  #5277  
Old 06-02-2018, 06:59 PM
CPFC85's Avatar
CPFC85 CPFC85 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Age: 46
Posts: 2,090
Rep Power: 12295719
CPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC85 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
Yeah same. Running has always been really good for me, nothing beats getting out in any weather and feeling the elements on your face. Going out now actually too. I have noticed that if I dont go out running now to treat that as an indicator for an underlying stress factor or issue, ie too much work and the negative spiral for the health. There was one time in my life when I was depressed and that making the effort to go running seemed monumental, but the struggle was worth it to get through and get active.

Funnily enough you mention it there have been many times in the past when I've been out on a long run, on a trail or very quiet and all i have focused on is the breathing, i dont know if that is mindfulness but it helped with the focus and purpose of the session. I didn't close the eyes though
It's good for the soul

This is spot on To view the link you have to Register or Login
Reply With Quote
  #5278  
Old 27-02-2018, 05:31 PM
the drexciyan the drexciyan is offline
techno sapiens
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 11,318
Rep Power: 21474841
the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
I know we all have a knockabout on this site but for members to trawl this thread and use it for ammo elsewhere on the BBS is pretty despicable. You know who you are.

I've gone back to work too soon. I've been getting chest palpitations and stabbing pains in my heart that take a while to subside. The sort of pains that make you check your policies. Apparently I'm a classic case of burnout, seems to be a lot of it about too. Looking on the positive side there is an opportunity now to transform my life into doing the stuff I've always wanted to do but never got a chance to with work taking up 60-70 hours a week. The ridiculous thing is that things are fine and the work is ok, it is the sights and sounds of an open plan office that trigger it the physical stress responses.
__________________
© SOUTH LONDON PRODUCTIONS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Reply With Quote
  #5279  
Old 27-02-2018, 05:36 PM
Worksop Palace's Avatar
Worksop Palace Worksop Palace is offline
Tomato Sausage Muncher
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Age: 47
Posts: 19,113
Rep Power: 21474841
Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
I know we all have a knockabout on this site but for members to trawl this thread and use it for ammo elsewhere on the BBS is pretty despicable. You know who you are.

I've gone back to work too soon. I've been getting chest palpitations and stabbing pains in my heart that take a while to subside. The sort of pains that make you check your policies. Apparently I'm a classic case of burnout, seems to be a lot of it about too. Looking on the positive side there is an opportunity now to transform my life into doing the stuff I've always wanted to do but never got a chance to with work taking up 60-70 hours a week. The ridiculous thing is that things are fine and the work is ok, it is the sights and sounds of an open plan office that trigger it the physical stress responses.
Sorry to hear mate. 70 hours a week is barking mad. No wonder you’re burnt out.

And if anyone is taking your comments on this thread and using them on others in a derogatory way they should be chucked off the BBS. Simple as. Wankers

Hope you feel better soon
__________________
It's the hope that kills you
Reply With Quote
  #5280  
Old 27-02-2018, 06:06 PM
legaleagle2 legaleagle2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 510
Rep Power: 6286797
legaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Sorry to hear mate. 70 hours a week is barking mad. No wonder youíre burnt out.

And if anyone is taking your comments on this thread and using them on others in a derogatory way they should be chucked off the BBS. Simple as. Wankers

Hope you feel better soon
Yup,1st degree J Arthur
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.