Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 27-02-2018, 06:11 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
What Worksop said Drexy.

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 27-02-2018, 06:14 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
I know we all have a knockabout on this site but for members to trawl this thread and use it for ammo elsewhere on the BBS is pretty despicable. You know who you are.

I've gone back to work too soon. I've been getting chest palpitations and stabbing pains in my heart that take a while to subside. The sort of pains that make you check your policies. Apparently I'm a classic case of burnout, seems to be a lot of it about too. Looking on the positive side there is an opportunity now to transform my life into doing the stuff I've always wanted to do but never got a chance to with work taking up 60-70 hours a week. The ridiculous thing is that things are fine and the work is ok, it is the sights and sounds of an open plan office that trigger it the physical stress responses.
It may feel that way round but I bet its not. Focusing on the area is downward spiral get to see someone Dr or private sessions. I would put money on its the work\job\hours not the open office etc.

Palpitations stabbing pains whilst shouldn't be ignored are classic onset of Panic and Anxiety as is the heightened senses feeling like they are the trigger. Everything in your body is telling you and preparing you to run or fight so everything get put on red alert.

Honestly don't ignore it or change loads of stuff to quickly see someone.
Old 27-02-2018, 06:54 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
I know we all have a knockabout on this site but for members to trawl this thread and use it for ammo elsewhere on the BBS is pretty despicable. You know who you are.

I've gone back to work too soon. I've been getting chest palpitations and stabbing pains in my heart that take a while to subside. The sort of pains that make you check your policies. Apparently I'm a classic case of burnout, seems to be a lot of it about too. Looking on the positive side there is an opportunity now to transform my life into doing the stuff I've always wanted to do but never got a chance to with work taking up 60-70 hours a week. The ridiculous thing is that things are fine and the work is ok, it is the sights and sounds of an open plan office that trigger it the physical stress responses.
Is there any possibility of you changing your job?
Old 27-02-2018, 07:32 PM

Eaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The best thing i did was to leave the south
Old 27-02-2018, 07:48 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesmad123 View Post
The best thing i did was to leave the south
I wish I could do the same. Miserable wankers around here, sure Worthing is just depressing.
Old 27-02-2018, 08:20 PM

Big Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBig Patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was seeing a CBT for a while who was superb. Not being too dramatic but I owe him so much as I was in a really bad place. Waking up asking myself if I was ok CONSTANTLY in my head, it was exhausting. Mindfulness app is an absolute must, it does wonders and gives your brain a chance to switch off.
The thing that stood out with CBT man was that he drew a line and then half a circle and highlighted the tipping point of stress at the 90 degree angle. He spoke about good stress and how it's really important to have a certain level of stress but too much and it starts to have a detrimental effect on your health. So it's rarely one thing that does it but a combination of lots of things that can build up. I've always found talking to someone really useful.
My commute has been reduced from 4 hours a day to 14 minutes which I never thought was an issue but it clearly was as I feel like a new man!
Old 27-02-2018, 08:31 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Patch View Post
I've always found talking to someone really useful.
Always the best form of therapy for me (I think). Glad things are looking better for you.

I admire how some of you on here are able to open up about these things on a public forum. I am still being massively affected by my car accident back in 2012, and it's being dealt with, but I just don't feel comfortable with writing about it on here.
Old 27-02-2018, 08:36 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Always the best form of therapy for me (I think). Glad things are looking better for you.

I admire how some of you on here are able to open up about these things on a public forum. I am still being massively affected by my car accident back in 2012, and it's being dealt with, but I just don't feel comfortable with writing about it on here.
Funny I am going through the hardest, shittest worst, depressing, worrying 6 -12 months of my 53 years on this earth and I have a few times thought about posting but pulled back from it. Think its more or less no one could help anyway and its would just be off loading.
Old 27-02-2018, 08:40 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
Funny I am going through the hardest, shittest worst, depressing, worrying 6 -12 months of my 53 years on this earth and I have a few times thought about posting but pulled back from it. Think its more or less no one could help anyway and its would just be off loading.
Well, if you ever want to put it into writing on here, I would be more than happy for a PM exchange, as are many other users of this forum.

Although, what helps me, is writing something down with the intention of sending it, but then not actually sending it. I find that as good therapy. Just say everything that you want to say in one message; proof-read it, edit it, etc, until you think it's good to go, then just delete it. I'm always surprised at how "off my chest" it's become afterwards.
Old 27-02-2018, 08:48 PM
rebel army

OM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
dear all i do follow this thread and agree with the lads that said talking therapy is good it works best for me ....really .. i went back to college on account of depression and have just done this for a project ... seems obvious but i think some foods can help you feel in control a bit? not so much the food really just the idea that you are trying to help yourself ... i get in a shit place on a daily basis and so it is hard to advise anyone else ...seems to be a thing that happens to men over a certain age ... anyways good luck all ..To view the link you have to Register or Login thats my new college thing
Old 27-02-2018, 09:04 PM

Eaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post
I wish I could do the same. Miserable wankers around here, sure Worthing is just depressing.
You can
Old 27-02-2018, 09:08 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post
You ain’t seen miserable until you’ve worked in Leeds
Old 27-02-2018, 09:11 PM
rebel army

OM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOM eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
indeed i did leave the country.... not always an option but like eaglesmad says what is more important your mental health or ??
Old 27-02-2018, 09:11 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
What Worksop said Drexy.
And me. (Though I rather like Leeds)
Old 27-02-2018, 09:14 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Oh I do. Really like it actually. Grown very fond of it despite some miserable buggers inhabiting it
Old 27-02-2018, 09:19 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post

Not as nice as York though.....Harrogate is a pretty place to be, too.
Old 27-02-2018, 09:20 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Oh I do. Really like it actually. Grown very fond of it despite some miserable buggers inhabiting it

That's just Leeds fans in general
Old 27-02-2018, 09:22 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
That's just Leeds fans in general
‘Tis true.
Old 27-02-2018, 09:24 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Not as nice as York though.....Harrogate is a pretty place to be, too.
Mmmm.

York is nice. Can be deathly quiet some nights. Leeds is usually pretty lively all the time .

Harrogate is meh imo and always bloody cold
Old 27-02-2018, 09:33 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Well, if you ever want to put it into writing on here, I would be more than happy for a PM exchange, as are many other users of this forum.

Although, what helps me, is writing something down with the intention of sending it, but then not actually sending it. I find that as good therapy. Just say everything that you want to say in one message; proof-read it, edit it, etc, until you think it's good to go, then just delete it. I'm always surprised at how "off my chest" it's become afterwards.
This is a very very very good tip. When other people are stressing you write them a letter, you don’t have to send it