Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 28-11-2016, 10:16 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
I would rather fight David Haye than Serena Williams. True story.
I think most people would.

True story about David Haye: A friend of a friend works for some marketing agency who did some work with him. They set up one of those dial in conference calls where you say your name after the beep, so it announces '[name] has joined the call'. Instead of just saying 'David', he did something like this: 'Weighing 200lb, hailing from Bermondsey, London, the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world, David The Hayemaker Haye!'

The friend of a friend who told me thought it was funny, but I guess I'm just a negative Norris as I thought it sounded proper wank.
Old 29-11-2016, 12:33 AM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
First visit today.

The CronX bar is really cool but it didn't really feel part of Boxpark itself to me. Actually feels more like the type of bar that Croydon is crying out for but because like all the other outlets it has no toilets if it's own, it loses points. Will still definitely go back.

The Boxbar feels like a set off Eastenders. I was waiting for Sharon Mitchell to come in and do the tills. Good music though.

Ended up having a chicken burger in Coqfighter. Very decent indeed.

Overall very pleasant experience but very sterile if the crowds aren't in place. Monday afternoon/early evening probably isn't the best time to expect a crowd. It's what Croydon needs though and I'm looking forward to going back already.
Thanks mate. Nothing much we can do about the toilets unfortunately, but if you're in our bar and need the loo a handy tip is go up the stairs before going into Boxpark, then going left to the end. There's a gents there
Old 29-11-2016, 12:35 AM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Monday night is 'wee in your pants' night, anyway.
Old 29-11-2016, 07:05 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Thanks mate. Nothing much we can do about the toilets unfortunately, but if you're in our bar and need the loo a handy tip is go up the stairs before going into Boxpark, then going left to the end. There's a gents there

Could you not attach a funnel and a hose pipe to the seats ?
Old 29-11-2016, 10:40 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
First visit today.

The CronX bar is really cool but it didn't really feel part of Boxpark itself to me. Actually feels more like the type of bar that Croydon is crying out for but because like all the other outlets it has no toilets if it's own, it loses points. Will still definitely go back.

The Boxbar feels like a set off Eastenders. I was waiting for Sharon Mitchell to come in and do the tills. Good music though.

Ended up having a chicken burger in Coqfighter. Very decent indeed.

Overall very pleasant experience but very sterile if the crowds aren't in place. Monday afternoon/early evening probably isn't the best time to expect a crowd. It's what Croydon needs though and I'm looking forward to going back already.
Echoes my sentiments too. Looking forward to utilising the place after games at Selhurst in the spring/summer.

Probably also worth pointing out that we were with a wheelchair & the whole place was largely very accessible - as a brand new facility should be in fairness.

Also really looking forward to the Cronx bar having kegs - I'd usually always opt for a beer from keg rather than cask. Having said that, the Kotchin I had yesterday went down a treat.
Old 29-11-2016, 10:42 AM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Echoes my sentiments too. Looking forward to utilising the place after games at Selhurst in the spring/summer.

Probably also worth pointing out that we were with a wheelchair & the whole place was largely very accessible - as a brand new facility should be in fairness.

Also really looking forward to the Cronx bar having kegs - I'd usually always opt for a beer from keg rather than cask. Having said that, the Kotchin I had yesterday went down a treat.
We have a good amount of cans and bottles from various breweries too, such as Beavertown and Magic Rock
Old 29-11-2016, 11:20 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
We have a good amount of cans and bottles from various breweries too, such as Beavertown and Magic Rock
That you do. WLYWLYAWYPWF was on the Orbit Beers, fresh out the bottle fridge.
Old 29-11-2016, 11:24 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Its clear the breakfast club needs to be bigger as does the Cronx.

I knew this area of crydon was crying out for a greasy spoon...albeit this is expensive. Too many places previously just offering "paninis".
Old 07-12-2016, 09:59 PM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Couple of us oldems went to the cronx bar for a couple of hours late afternoon. We liked it laid back with friendly bar staff. We tried most of the beers in halves. Porter was good. The Kotchin and its side kick very good. Kent was ok. Not too keen on the stronger 5.5 cronx though . Some American keg coming in next week. Getting pretty busy about 6 as well.
Hope it does well.
Walked round the park and thought it was pretty good. Got on the bus to Wesr Wickham and had a good curry at Indian Dining.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:25 PM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
I had a bite to eat in Yumn on Sunday. Pretty decent. I think it was just us though which is a bit of a worry.
Till they're knocking on the door of your homes
Old 08-12-2016, 01:30 AM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I think most people would.

True story about David Haye: A friend of a friend works for some marketing agency who did some work with him. They set up one of those dial in conference calls where you say your name after the beep, so it announces '[name] has joined the call'. Instead of just saying 'David', he did something like this: 'Weighing 200lb, hailing from Bermondsey, London, the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world, David The Hayemaker Haye!'

The friend of a friend who told me thought it was funny, but I guess I'm just a negative Norris as I thought it sounded proper wank.
That's brilliant
Old 08-12-2016, 02:41 AM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Loads of Palace in there after the game last Saturday, security had to get involved with a couple dozen or so singing "we're the red and blue army" after closing time
Old 08-12-2016, 08:54 AM

laboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So Solid Crew turning on the Christmas lights tonight!

They used to be banned in Croydon many years ago. How times change.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:14 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by laboxers View Post
So Solid Crew turning on the Christmas lights tonight!

They used to be banned in Croydon many years ago. How times change.
I thought the lights had already been turned on? Didn't Pardew and Scott Dann do it the other week? Certainly when I was there on Tuesday they seemed to be.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:24 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
I thought the lights had already been turned on? Didn't Pardew and Scott Dann do it the other week? Certainly when I was there on Tuesday they seemed to be.
Pardew did turn them on and they stayed on for a while but then they turned off again. He's a very streaky light operator
Old 08-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
They're turning on the Boxpark Christmas lights, not the Croydon ones
Old 08-12-2016, 10:18 AM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
They're turning on the Boxpark Christmas lights, not the Croydon ones
Looks like it's sold out as well.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:27 AM

OriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sold out in 21 seconds. I'll get me coat.

Last edited by OriginalNutter; 08-12-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:29 AM
Cashback!

SEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can't wait to see this, Shoreditch is always class in the summer.
2012 - CPFC 3-0 BHAFC
2013 - BHAFC 0-2 CPFC (Play off Semi Final 2nd leg)
Old 08-12-2016, 10:43 AM
Eternal Optimist

LDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalNutter View Post
Sold out in 21 seconds. I'll get me coat.
Get out.