Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 22-04-2017, 03:45 AM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login

CEO of Boxpark, mentions he has a season ticket at Brighton and Hove Albion.

BOYCOTT BOXPARK
Old 22-04-2017, 04:07 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
So looking in from far away, is this place built out of old shipping containers?

I write this as someone who worked on Lansdowne Road just behind there for 6 years in the 70's and interested where this could possibly be located.
Old 22-04-2017, 04:13 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
So looking in from far away, is this place built out of old shipping containers?

I write this as someone who worked on Lansdowne Road just behind there for 6 years in the 70's and interested where this could possibly be located.
I think that's where the box bit comes from H

And it's right next door to East Croydon station (actually to the left of, as you look at the station)
Old 22-04-2017, 04:37 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
I think that's where the box bit comes from H

And it's right next door to East Croydon station (actually to the left of, as you look at the station)
Can't let that container sales go eh?

Ummm yes... but there were shops and offices there in my day! Seems odd from afar.
Old 22-04-2017, 04:44 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Can't let that container sales go eh?

but there were shops and offices there in my day! .
The whole area from George St, down Dingwall Rd to Landsdowne rd has been redeveloped. When I'm staying in Croydon and unable to scrounge a sofa or bed for the night I usually stay at the Hampton by Hilton on Dingwall Rd.
Old 22-04-2017, 04:48 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
The whole area from George St, down Dingwall Rd to Landsdowne rd has been redeveloped. When I'm staying in Croydon and unable to scrounge a sofa or bed for the night I usually stay at the Hampton by Hilton on Dingwall Rd.
Blimey... all they had in my day was the YMCA... which had its own attractions.
Old 22-04-2017, 06:50 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
I believe the idea came from New Zealand after the Christchurch earthquakes. It was a way for businesses to get back up and running as quickly and cheaply as possible.
Old 22-04-2017, 09:55 AM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 22-04-2017, 10:19 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Quote:

It's basically where the Warehouse Theatre was, (or whatever it was called).
Old 22-04-2017, 12:21 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Statto View Post
Just got a new job opposite East Croydon, so will be venturing into Boxpark for the first time soon. Will only be a weekly or monthly treat though, normally make my own sandwiches.

What do people recommend?
I'm quite partial to cheese and pickle on granary
Old 22-04-2017, 04:59 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Thinking about it, it was a YWCA. Surely not still there?

And a little harder for Village People to sing about eh Maidstoned?
Old 22-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thinking about it, it was a YWCA. Surely not still there?

And a little harder for Village People to sing about eh Maidstoned?
Is that the sound of Hedgeyboy backing up?

Old 22-04-2017, 06:15 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Is that the sound of Hedgeyboy backing up?
onto a big dildo.
Old 24-04-2017, 11:39 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Being such a trooper I've decided to work from the pub before the Spurs game on Weds.

Best establishment with wifi near East Croydon?
Old 24-04-2017, 11:45 AM
Tramps like us baby

SgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Being such a trooper I've decided to work from the pub before the Spurs game on Weds.

Builders Arms on Leslie Park Road, 5 min walk from East Croydon. Small but v nice. Wifi and small garden, does good food too.

Last edited by SgtStryker; 24-04-2017 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Apostrophe??
Old 24-04-2017, 11:50 AM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:

We have wifi. If you're there, and still standing, by the time I get there before the game I'll buy you a pint
Old 24-04-2017, 12:05 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
We have wifi. If you're there, and still standing, by the time I get there before the game I'll buy you a pint
Has it improved since RickyB visited?
Old 24-04-2017, 01:04 PM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Has it improved since RickyB visited?
Ha! Only he could spend his time in there running speed tests and such like
Old 24-04-2017, 01:05 PM
Old skool BBSer

Quote:
Has it been fumigated since RickyB visited?
EFA

Old 24-04-2017, 08:04 PM

Kevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
I can vouch for the wifi in the Cronx Bar. I managed to watch the whole of the second half against Chelsea in there on a perfect stream.