Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-07-2016, 09:04 AM

Biggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
We really are in the shit, aren't we.
Nah, there are a few solutions, no one like the UK has left before, we are on new WTO ground, mik is prob aware but he wants us to squirm and wriggle a bit first. I am also surprised how negative / pessimistic mik is post vote, I wouldve expected him to be franticly widening his diplomatic and CS channels in the search for a way that suits both UK, EU and WTO. Theres always a way

ROLL ON DEATH !!
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
Old 16-07-2016, 09:17 AM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
Doubt if they voted for this: To view the link you have to Register or Login
What a load of Tosh, this has nothing to do with Brexit. Brexit will be used time and time again as a false excuse to hide behind, whilst the Remainers use it to justify their doom and gloom. When a offer is too good to be true it usually is. Basically a flawed business plan. I myself booked a holiday to Turkey on Wednesday paid upfront. Happily I chose another company and I am sure the coup will have blown over by then.

Last edited by Ifill Over; 16-07-2016 at 09:45 AM. Reason: English
Old 16-07-2016, 09:29 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Cornish turkeys voted for Brexit.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Hard to feel sympathy, but then they were lied to by Boris, Gove and Loathsome.
not everyone votes on financial self interest you know !
Old 16-07-2016, 09:36 AM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Low cost holidays have been on the brink for some time. Ad much economic damage as brexit is likely to cause, this is not due to brexit (although it can't have helped)
Old 16-07-2016, 09:47 AM

WIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehalifaxman View Post
Low cost holidays have been on the brink for some time. Ad much economic damage as brexit is likely to cause, this is not due to brexit (although it can't have helped)
This company was not ATOL registered - I would not book through them in the first place.
Old 16-07-2016, 09:49 AM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehalifaxman View Post
Badly run companies go to the wall all the time , Remain voters are becoming incredibly more desperate to find bad economic news

UK shares are rocketing and the pound slowly recovering whilst several EU banks are having massive problems .

Cameron and Osborne have been replaced by more competent leaders what's not to like ?

The predicted Brexit crash just isn't happening for the remain camp
Old 16-07-2016, 09:50 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
Certainly didn't in this case, although there is now a growing realisation in Cornwall how much they are going to loose. Hence the touchingly nieve calls for the UK Govt to make good any loss of EU Grants.
Old 16-07-2016, 09:55 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
Badly run companies go to the wall all the time , Remain voters are becoming incredibly more desperate to find bad economic news

UK shares are rocketing and the pound slowly recovering whilst several EU banks are having massive problems .

Cameron and Osborne have been replaced by more competent leaders what's not to like ?

Plain ignorant.

In what way was the company badly run?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 16-07-2016, 09:58 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagleSE24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Cool. Sounds like we'll be getting that weekly 350m for the NHS any day now.
Old 16-07-2016, 10:06 AM

Speron1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:

Reminds me of some nonchalant naive leavers' Facebook posts about how the ftse and GBP didn't crash that much on the day after the referendum and how it 'wasn't a bad first day of freedom'! Do some leavers actually think we've already left, let alone been given any insight as to when we'll actually begin to start the process??!
Old 16-07-2016, 10:14 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
Nah, there are a few solutions, no one like the UK has left before, we are on new WTO ground, mik is prob aware but he wants us to squirm and wriggle a bit first. I am also surprised how negative / pessimistic mik is post vote, I wouldve expected him to be franticly widening his diplomatic and CS channels in the search for a way that suits both UK, EU and WTO. Theres always a way
I retired 3 years ago & I ain't going back.
Old 16-07-2016, 10:16 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
And there you have it....every single one of the remain voters I talked to in the run up to the vote quoted how well they were doing from being in...Not one mention of democracy!
Old 16-07-2016, 10:18 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:

Old 16-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Mr Irony

Neckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

I don't think anybody wants bad economic news. I voted to stay and I certainly don't want there to be a collapse in economy. I want our politicians to make the best of a bad hand for all our sakes.

However, it is what it is. Nobody can say that a company's collapse has nothing to do with a vote to leave the EU. Whether anybody likes it or not, every company is now trading in an economy that is functioning in a period of uncertainly caused by a Government trying to retain as much of the EU benefits as it can before it presses the Article 50 button. The vote to leave may have had a big impact, it may be small, but it impacts on everybody.

This travel company may well have gone bust if the country had voted sensibly to remain. We just don't know. Nobody outside that company's dealings can say with certainty, can they?

And it is early days. We have a Government who's competency has yet to be tested (but does contain Johnson in it so there has to be some doubt). A Government led by a former Home Secretary who failed to control immigration. A Government that is wandering away from it's manifesto so that it can grab votes now it has been panicked by the referendum vote. A Government that at the same time is promising Brexit without actually looking to begin the Brexit two years' scramble any time soon.

Share prices booming? Well they still aren't at levels they were pre-vote a month ago. Sterling rallying? ditto. We are very weak financially. And we haven't even began the mucky business of trying to negotiate our way out of the corner we have painted ourselves into. Negotiating with arch-negotiators when our civil service has been denuded of such a skill set by austerity slashing.

We haven't even got going yet so I don't think there is any cause for anybody to be bullish other than because they won this sick political game. Personally, I fear the worse and no amount of bravado from others will change that.

Where is the plan?
Old 16-07-2016, 10:23 AM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Plain ignorant.

In what way was the company badly run?
Good luck to the 27k holiday makers currently abroad and the 100k plus still to go who were lied to about being protected .

In 2013, the Civil Aviation Authority had warned holidaymakers to avoid booking with Lowcostholidays after the company relocated to Spain, which meant that its holidays were no longer protected under the Atol scheme run by the CAA. This ensures that customers can return home and get their money back if a company goes bust. Lowcostholidays had dismissed these warnings, stating that holidaymakers had protection under a Spanish scheme.

Last edited by racehorse-80s; 16-07-2016 at 10:25 AM.
Old 16-07-2016, 11:48 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Yes.

And that answers my question how?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 16-07-2016, 11:51 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
So who is going to want to sell us less products?
All this bollox about the Germans wanting to keep selling us cars.

We have to buy foreign cars there are no British cars, unless we all start driving Morgan.

Brexit is a disaster, taken control sure, just like lemmings choosing which cliff cliff to jump off
Old 16-07-2016, 12:11 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
I find myself wondering about why May has appointed Johnson, Fox and Davis to head up Brexit negotiations.

She sure hasn't picked them for reasons of competence, but for reason of politics.

I can think of a fair few different political reasons, both in regards the wider public and her own party.

My hope is that the deal will be so ridiculous that she feels compelled to go back to the country for a decision
Old 16-07-2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
I find myself wondering about why May has appointed Johnson, Fox and Davis to head up Brexit negotiations.

She sure hasn't picked them for reasons of competence, but for reason of politics.

I can think of a fair few different political reasons, both in regards the wider public and her own party.

My hope is that the deal will be so ridiculous that she feels compelled to go back to the country for a decision
May might of backed Cameron's remain campaign but it doesn't follow that she is actually a remain supporter .
There is not going to be a second referendum , Most people wanted to leave particularly outside London and Scotland and to reject the result would be political suicide for the Tories when they are looking at another term , May is not an idiot like Cameron and Osborne were .
Old 16-07-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
All this bollox about the Germans wanting to keep selling us cars.

We have to buy foreign cars there are no British cars, unless we all start driving Morgan.

Brexit is a disaster, taken control sure, just like lemmings choosing which cliff cliff to jump off
I am sure someone will want to sell 65 million people cars even if it not the Germans