Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:22 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
Yep, no conspiracies, just after your head banging episode I'd be interested in why you don't think the journalists are asking the tough questions?
Old 08-02-2018, 09:23 PM
Waterproof member

JHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Why not? So why aren't the press asking the tough questions then? Is it beyond the realms of possibility that it is made clear to journalists what they can and cannot ask and if they step out of line they don't get invited next time?
Do you actually believe what you have just written?
Old 08-02-2018, 09:25 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHJ EAGLE View Post
Well what is the reason then?
Old 08-02-2018, 09:53 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yep, no conspiracies, just after your head banging episode I'd be interested in why you don't think the journalists are asking the tough questions?
Because the press don’t give a flying one what you, I, or any other Palace fan wants to know; they’re interested in a bit of team/injury news to help with their Saturday publications/shows, and then just after some sound-bytes about topical issues. You’ll get a bit of embargoed stuff in local publications that comes out a day or two later, but the nationals don’t care.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:12 PM

Yogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Yes I do actually. Considering the club is run by a marketing communications expert it would be nice to for someone to ask questions on our behalf. There seems to be precious little communication between the club and fans anymore apart from emails telling us something has been uplifted onto the website. Everything is so stage managed these days.
This is a mandated press conference, where the lead questioner is always from Sky. It is not an internal PR stunt
Old 09-02-2018, 12:39 AM

johnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogya View Post
This is a mandated press conference, where the lead questioner is always from Sky.
I was wondering who he was. Boring wasn't he?
Old 09-02-2018, 06:45 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
You do realise we support Crystal Palace, not North Korea?
Old 09-02-2018, 07:12 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Old 09-02-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
You do realise we support Crystal Palace, not North Korea?
Absolutely brilliant. Thanks for that. I've been supporting Palace for decades, have a season ticket, seen Palace at well over 100 different away teams and still have been to away games this season, including a long drive to Merseyside tomorrow. You learn something everyday.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:20 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes I do actually. Considering the club is run by a marketing communications expert it would be nice to for someone to ask questions on our behalf. There seems to be precious little communication between the club and fans anymore apart from emails telling us something has been uplifted onto the website. Everything is so stage managed these days.
What is it exactly you need to know, beyond the emails, and huge amount of news posted every day on the official site?
Old 09-02-2018, 07:21 AM

Traveling Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTraveling Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTraveling Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTraveling Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTraveling Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTraveling Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTraveling Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTraveling Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTraveling Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTraveling Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTraveling Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHJ EAGLE View Post

Haha! So true. CPFC2010, the biggest of big brothers.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:24 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Because they don´t want to rock the boat. Same in every sport and lots of other areas. You won´t be there long if you ask the relevant and interesting questions. And who wants to be kicked off these gigs?
Old 09-02-2018, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
What is it exactly you need to know, beyond the emails, and huge amount of news posted every day on the official site?
Well taking yesterday for example I wanted someone to ask if we were looking at bringing in someone out of contract, or if there is any news on RLC? The manager can refuse to answer but I just don't understand why the journalists don't ask?
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
I just lolled a picture of a mass suicide. Does this make me evil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Because they don´t want to rock the boat. Same in every sport and lots of other areas. You won´t be there long if you ask the relevant and interesting questions. And who wants to be kicked off these gigs?
This is my view too.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:31 AM
Benevolence personified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I just lolled a picture of a mass suicide. Does this make me evil?
Is evil just something you are, or something you do?
Old 09-02-2018, 07:35 AM
Benevolence personified

Quote:
This is my view too.
I don't think anyone would have been marched out of the press conference by brown shirts and shot in the court yard for asking the questions you posed. More likely that no one even considered them and we can assume that there are no free agent signings imminent, and that there is no change to RLC's injury status until we receive an email linking us to an update on the official site.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:58 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well taking yesterday for example I wanted someone to ask if we were looking at bringing in someone out of contract, or if there is any news on RLC? The manager can refuse to answer but I just don't understand why the journalists don't ask?
Re RLC. This would normally be covered off with the first question but instead if asking for an update they specifically asked re Wilf because of the interest/concern. If RLC was back I suspect he would have been mentioned if only to balance the Wilf situation. But this is regularly asked so no ongoing issue here.

Re the transfers thing. Isn't it a pointless question? With such a small pool of targets and competition probably fiercer, the last thing the club could/would be expected to do do is hint who or even if we are looking. So it would probably just be a waste of mins in the broadcast section as they ask without hope of answer. I understand why you are intrigued. I am not sure there is anything wrong with organising the sessions so that they run smoothly. It is 'live TV' and needs to go well. The journalists get longer less formal time after that session. It's orchestrated by Joanne Budd isn't it?

EDIT - looks like CA asked a question re Nasri which must have been in the offline section.

Last edited by Martin H; 09-02-2018 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:14 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
We only see the broadcast section, when the TV companies are looking for shortish answers that they can drop into their bulletins, eg 30 second update on Wilf’s injury.

Wilf is of interest beyond just us, so he’s news.

They have limited time so will concentrate on the player or snippet of info that is most newsworthy.

To use your examples, the situation on RLC hasn’t changed since it was last covered and has already been reported in the press. So nothing new on him that’s worth broadcasting really.

They could have asked the non-contract question, but maybe anticipated Roy would just bat it back and not reveal anything on this anyway.

But once the cameras were off, then I agree that a journo could have used their additional time to ask that question. Maybe one did, but we’ve not read anything about it as Roy did indeed keep tight lipped on this.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:17 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's not just that you don't understand, you don't know why not. So why then do you feel it necessary to insinuate (borderline accuse) that it's the club's (and chairman's) doing?