Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 13-02-2018, 05:51 PM
Account disabled

racehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have a feeling the delay might be linked to the New stand and ground improvements .
Possibly long-term season tickets to help finance the project .
Old 13-02-2018, 06:13 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
Have a feeling the delay might be linked to the New stand and ground improvements .
Possibly long-term season tickets to help finance the project .
Yes not sure when a planning decision will be made on the New Stand thought i heard it was April?

Wonder what the offer will be for a long term season ticket?

Not going to move staying put in the Holmesdale!
Old 13-02-2018, 07:48 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
The stand, assuming it is permitted will take at least 2 years to build so really cannot see the club offering any sort of tickets for it now.

People might want to start thinking ahead if they are s/t holders in the front few rows of the Whitehorse Lane End though (if you believe the club will be going ahead and chopping the front rows off that end at some point)
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 13-02-2018, 08:50 PM
Account disabled

racehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
The stand, assuming it is permitted will take at least 2 years to build so really cannot see the club offering any sort of tickets for it now.

People might want to start thinking ahead if they are s/t holders in the front few rows of the Whitehorse Lane End though (if you believe the club will be going ahead and chopping the front rows off that end at some point)
How long before Wembley and the Emirates stadiums opened did the owners start to sell the seats ?
Old 13-02-2018, 09:44 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
You'd surely at least wait until it gets permission! The families in the (to be) demolished houses also need to be totally sorted out and looked after before anything can commence.

Usually about 1 year before opening would be considered normal.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 15-02-2018, 10:18 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
I agree Dorking, I anticipate seats not being sold until the season before the new one opens.

They’ll need an exact seating plan, with details of the corporate ones known before they discuss with us non-corps.

I’d then expect them to work their way through a priority list. For example, start with those already holding STs in the Main Stand to agree equivalent seats. Then maybe give any Whitehorse ST holder who loses their seat the opportunity for a new Main Stand one (if they want it). Then maybe any other ST holders who might want to change to the new stand. Then open sales.

Separate to this, they’ll be selling the new boxes and Corp seats, though keeping a percentage back for single match use and matchday packages.
Old 15-02-2018, 10:55 AM
Collecting Palace tat

SJ also mentioned about possibility of selling 10 year ones (at the December press launch). I would imagine that if that does go ahead, those purchasers would expect to be fairly high in the pecking order.

Whatever process and priority order they choose to implement, they will come under some criticism!

When West Ham moved from Upton Park to the London Stadium, they only allowed those who already held aisle seats (at the old ground) to be able to choose aisle seats at the new one for example!!!

It is all of course idle speculation, but you do wonder at the new pricing structure - for example, those in the 'next to centre' blocks in the current Main Stand (known as Stephenson blocks), may find that the centre 3 blocks in the new Main Stand are not 'General Admission' seats anymore, but Premium seats. And to get fairly central seats in the new Main Stand at the same price, they may have to move to the new top tier?

Regarding the Whitehorse Lane Stand, if I was a season ticket holder in the front 690 seats (front 6 rows?), then every renewal from now on I would be looking to move backwards to any 'unrenewed' - to at least row 7. It would help massively in this regard if the club did not allow any 'new' season tickets to be sold in the WHL, but only allow renewals from existing seat holders, so that with the natural drop off of renewals, (usually 10% of all season tickets are not renewed each season), then each year a couple of hundred seats would become vacant, meaning over the next 3 years the vast majority of "front 6 row" renewals could be relocated further back in vacant seats.

Of course relegation could massively free up some space!

Old 15-02-2018, 11:09 AM

legaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is here
As I understand it the Arthur is last on the list for redevelopment,so it'll be a good few years before I need to worry about being re-seated!
Old 15-02-2018, 12:01 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
SJ also mentioned about possibility of selling 10 year ones (at the December press launch). I would imagine that if that does go ahead, those purchasers would expect to be fairly high in the pecking order.

Whatever process and priority order they choose to implement, they will come under some criticism!

When West Ham moved from Upton Park to the London Stadium, they only allowed those who already held aisle seats (at the old ground) to be able to choose aisle seats at the new one for example!!!

It is all of course idle speculation, but you do wonder at the new pricing structure - for example, those in the 'next to centre' blocks in the current Main Stand (known as Stephenson blocks), may find that the centre 3 blocks in the new Main Stand are not 'General Admission' seats anymore, but Premium seats. And to get fairly central seats in the new Main Stand at the same price, they may have to move to the new top tier?

Regarding the Whitehorse Lane Stand, if I was a season ticket holder in the front 690 seats (front 6 rows?), then every renewal from now on I would be looking to move backwards to any 'unrenewed' - to at least row 7. It would help massively in this regard if the club did not allow any 'new' season tickets to be sold in the WHL, but only allow renewals from existing seat holders, so that with the natural drop off of renewals, (usually 10% of all season tickets are not renewed each season), then each year a couple of hundred seats would become vacant, meaning over the next 3 years the vast majority of "front 6 row" renewals could be relocated further back in vacant seats.

The whitehorse will look pretty tinpot (more so) with just 10/11 rows. I do wonder if they will bother doing that.
Old 15-02-2018, 12:08 PM
Collecting Palace tat

I don't know how closely you have been following the Selhurst Park redevelopment thread, but one of the drawings seems to have let the cat out of the bag in that it suggests an upper tier, with stairwells where the prefab Whitehorse end Exec boxes currently are.

The design and access statement submitted with the current planning application already states that the back row on each balcony (both levels) suffer from restricted views due to viewing angles of the near touchline (Whitehorse goal line), so moving the touchline a few metres nearer to the supermarket is going to make those boxes pretty much redundant IMO, and ripe for replacement with a modest (but steep) seating tier.

There is already the exit in place along Whitehorse Lane, behind the club shop, so the basics are already in place.

Old 15-02-2018, 12:14 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don't know how closely you have been following the Selhurst Park redevelopment thread, but one of the drawings seems to have let the cat out of the bag in that it suggests an upper tier, with stairwells where the prefab Whitehorse end Exec boxes currently are.

The design and access statement submitted with the current planning application already states that the back row on each balcony (both levels) suffer from restricted views due to viewing angles of the near touchline (Whitehorse goal line), so moving the touchline a few metres nearer to the supermarket is going to make those boxes pretty much redundant IMO, and ripe for replacement with a modest (but steep) seating tier.

There is already the exit in place along Whitehorse Lane, behind the club shop, so the basics are already in place.
Interesting, that makes sense. I have been looking at some of the drawings but obviously not that closely!

Personally i will be looking to move by that time and get as close to halfway and as close to the back of the first tier of the main stand as possible. I have previously never considered the price or availability worth the hassle of a move up until now but the kids will be older and the hassle of getting our 6/7 season tickets together will presumably be easier with so many extra seats.

For me personally the new stand is really exciting and pretty well timed!

Last edited by scro; 15-02-2018 at 12:59 PM.
Old 23-02-2018, 12:44 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
That would include my 6. I'm assuming we'll be offered new seats together somewhere else but my understanding was this was part of the main stand redevelopment.
Old 23-02-2018, 12:53 PM
Collecting Palace tat

No suggestion at all that it is going to happen anytime soon, taking out those front rows might be the last thing they do in 3 years time, after the whole new stand is finished. I was just thinking out loud really that if you have season tickets in the very front few rows, and seats become vacant (unrenewed) a few rows back, then it might be worth considering moving back a few rows.

At some point in time, 690 seats are going to disappear in one go, so if the opportunity comes it might be worth moving before a mad scramble to find somewhere else by hundreds of people all at the same time

Of course relegation would ease any pressure on seats in one fell swoop

Old 23-02-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:

Of course relegation would ease any pressure on seats in one fell swoop
I always assumed this would take a season to kick in though however the lateness of the season tickets being sold perhaps means that isn't going to be the case.
Old 23-02-2018, 06:21 PM

HRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is here
Season tickets can be renewed from Tuesday . Early bird cut off date is April 22nd
Old 23-02-2018, 06:34 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP View Post
Season tickets can be renewed from Tuesday . Early bird cut off date is April 22nd
Hmmm, not doubting you but all the website says is:-

Season Tickets for the 2018/19 season are coming soon.

Perhaps we're going to be all given a ST booklet on Sunday?
Old 23-02-2018, 06:36 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
April 22nd - so only three games left after that; I guess that is to let people feel safe in the knowledge we'll be safe by then.
Old 23-02-2018, 06:41 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:

Similar thoughts to my own.

I’m sure the 2 people in my group with aisle seats will be wanting the same, after all it did take us years to get them.

I think anyone thinking of migrating to the Main Stand should be prepared that the halfway blocks are already largely sold to ST holders, many for a v long time. They are therefore likely to want to maintain that position come the new dawn.

And I agree with you Dorking that it’s worrying to consider what they might charge for the Stephenson blocks in future. We’re not corporate or directors box. I expect to pay a bit more for central, but ultimately we are ‘just’ fans and don’t have bottomless pockets.

We did think about central second tier but it looks to us like the juicy seats are allocated for a very large media area. Seems OTT to me, and will be underused except for the biggest matches.

I’m hoping Parish will be reasonable in his pricing for the new stand non-corps. After all, he does need to sell these seats and there’ll be a few thousand more of them. We will also have endured at least of season of grief and reduced facilities whilst the stand is built around us.

My preference would be to keep those seats at a fair price, but maybe consider the 5 or 10 year option. Many of our mates would probably agree to that as they’re committed and loyal to the club. 5 year would be preferable, as most of us are approaching that age when you’re not sure whether you’ll still live in the area in 10 years time.
Old 23-02-2018, 07:20 PM
Collecting Palace tat

scro - If you have the patience, the plans on the Council website do show where the 'hospitality' (ie premium) seats are compared to the General Admission ones. It is complicated, but I think most of what you'd want towards the back of the lower, even barely central (ie between the two penalty areas) is Hospitality seats

Front of the top tier (again off centre because of the tv and media bit) might be good, but it would be a gamble to move there and then find it is higher than you would like

Old 23-02-2018, 07:54 PM

HRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sorry tickets available to renew from Sunday ( spurs home game )