Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 31-07-2018, 04:15 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
A "complete rotten plank"....?

Steady on there chap,calm down...

I was going to just say plank. And then the image of being water-logged got into my head...

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 31-07-2018, 04:24 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I was going to just say plank. And then the image of being water-logged got into my head...
Old 31-07-2018, 04:31 PM
Banned by Moderators

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Interesting that Facebook doesn't see a problem with what 'Peter Ariff' posted.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20180731-152916.png (1.77 MB, 32 views)
If you’re on the left, disagree all you want, but for feck’s sake try to find it in your hearts to treat each other with a modicum of respect and refrain from vile personal abuse. If you’re on the right… just try to find your hearts. And good luck with that.
Old 31-07-2018, 04:43 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgusset View Post
What did he say, and who is he?
Old 31-07-2018, 04:51 PM
handwringing islamofacist

Clapham Rover Sam the man is hereClapham Rover Sam the man is hereClapham Rover Sam the man is hereClapham Rover Sam the man is hereClapham Rover Sam the man is hereClapham Rover Sam the man is hereClapham Rover Sam the man is hereClapham Rover Sam the man is hereClapham Rover Sam the man is hereClapham Rover Sam the man is hereClapham Rover Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I did, yes.

But, if you examine my replies, I stated quite clearly I was completely open to being persuaded by your explanation, if you chose to give one. Of course you refused to do that, despite - as can be seen - repeated requests. And, as here, you could not avoid the personal which so often undermines your whinnying.

So, no. I didn't dismiss it ; I dismissed you. And I was right to do so. As I said, can't believe you quoted that thread ; makes you look like a complete rotten plank.

Yes you said how "open" you were to an explanation (just once not "repeatedly") literally just a post or two after you'd described this as a "desperate explanation" - in other words you'd already stated that you weren't in the least bit open.

I wonder what you'd be saying now if this had been about anti-semitism and it'd been me not you posting this kind of flim-flam?

Actually, I don't wonder at all, I'm pretty sure I know the sort of thing you'd be coming out with. You are intellectually smart enough to be so much better than this.

Walter Benjamin
Old 31-07-2018, 04:55 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Is this supposed to be a joke?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 31-07-2018, 05:00 PM

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
What did he say, and who is he?

There's loads more but I'm sure you get the idea
Old 31-07-2018, 05:02 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Ta. A basket case then.

Is he a known basket case in some way, or just another random racist posting on social media?
Old 31-07-2018, 05:10 PM

legaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I trust you did though,Nick?
Old 31-07-2018, 05:13 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
There have been a lot of insults flying about on this thread but "complete rotten plank" is definitely my favourite.
Old 31-07-2018, 05:15 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
So the gauge of what is correct is Facebook? I find that an odd position to take. Odd bedfellows are caused by acrobatic acts of defence i suppose.
Old 31-07-2018, 05:43 PM
Banned by Moderators

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by legaleagle2 View Post
I trust you did though,Nick?
Of course I did.
The Peter Arif Facebook page is as real as the Zinoviev papers apparently. No record of labour membership, nor momentum. But the mail led with it anyway.
Seems it's someone trying to stir up shit.

This is the problem arising, yes there are pockets of anti semitism that needs to be rooted out, but this is obfuscated by mischief makers (Tory Twitter army anyone? To view the link you have to Register or Login ) and anti Corbyn mp's and media.
If you’re on the left, disagree all you want, but for feck’s sake try to find it in your hearts to treat each other with a modicum of respect and refrain from vile personal abuse. If you’re on the right… just try to find your hearts. And good luck with that.
Old 31-07-2018, 05:45 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Let's put them on the euro star
Old 31-07-2018, 06:10 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:

From what I can glean. He's not actually a member of the Labour party and many are questioning the legitimacy of the profile. I will do a deep dive and get back to you.

Last edited by Kidofwonder; 31-07-2018 at 06:12 PM.
Old 31-07-2018, 06:11 PM
Banned by Moderators

Is this journo being anti Semitic?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20180731-171024.jpg (406.5 KB, 17 views)
Old 31-07-2018, 06:12 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
From what I can glean. He's not actually a member of the Labour party
Doesn't matter, damage has been done.
Old 31-07-2018, 06:17 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
but this is obfuscated by mischief makers (Tory Twitter army anyone? To view the link you have to Register or Login ) and anti Corbyn mp's and media.
Conservatives having a go about anti semitism in the oposicions ranks...That is a good thing and thats what they are supposed to do ?

Yes,yes those useless bunch of clowns are bad as well but even with that being said Labour is still neck and neck with these clowns.

Labour mp's having a go about anti semitism in it's own ranks...That also is a good thing and what they are supposed to do?

When do you think Corbyn will become a leader and also do something concrete about anti semitism rather than just moving the goalposts so it aligns with his views which so far has done him no good at all.
Old 31-07-2018, 06:24 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
So, I have done some quick digging. The only Peter or P Arif I can find in the UK would be a male thought to be 65+ and last known to be living an an address in Edmonton in North London.

As far as I can tell he's not deceased so it could perfectly plausibly be our man. However, the location of his 2016 created hate filled Facebook profile is given as Sheffield while the location on his post is middlesborough.

His first posts on facebook are very "Like this if you think ice cream is wonderful" before going on weird conspiracy based racist rants.

This is more likely than not a burner account for someone else using a faked/stolen identity.

I'd suggest Labour may have to do a bit of digging around to see who this really is and then expell them
Old 31-07-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
From what I can glean. He's not actually a member of the Labour party and many are questioning the legitimacy of the profile. I will do a deep dive and get back to you.
I was just answering the question of who he was. I don't think some random Corbyn fan being antisemitic on Facebook is really the problem.

This is a good read

Quote:
I’m Jewish and a member of the Labour party. Those two facts have never had much to do with each other until recently. They are two parts of my identity that have existed for as long as I can remember, each as important to me as the other. The idea of having to choose between the two was impossible to imagine. But that thought—that one may not be compatible with the other—has slowly lodged itself inside me over the past three years.

There has always been anti-Semitism on the far left. As a student, demonstrating during the build-up to the Iraq War, I saw it on protests, at rallies, in political meetings. The way everything would somehow slide towards a debate about Israel, the comments about Jewish influence, about how many Jews were in the media.

It was surreal—but it was a fringe. Since Jeremy Corbyn became leader, the fringe has entered the party’s upper echelons. And the explanations and the excuses have racked up. Don’t worry, nobody even knows who Jackie Walker is. That’s just Ken, he’s being an idiot. That’s just Christine Shawcroft, she’s an idiot too. Look, it’s just a few random councillors. I know, there are loads of #JC4PM-types saying some pretty nasty stuff—but who knows if they’re even party members. The mural comment looks bad, yes, but it was a long time ago and he’s apologised now. The code—well the thing about the code is you have to see both sides…

Until last week I’d never heard of the IHRA code. Being Jewish, I didn’t need a definition of anti-Semitism. I’ve read it now, like most of us have, and there are lines here and there which I might take issue with. Among Jewish friends and family I’d happily debate it. But no, not with you. Not here in public. Not in 280 characters.

Parsing the code is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is this: the Labour party will not allow Jews to define anti-Jewish discrimination.

This shouldn’t be controversial. The left and liberals have long believed that those who experience discrimination are best placed to define it. Not everyone agrees with this principle, of course, but in those cases, their disagreement is universal—they don’t pick and choose which minorities are allowed this right. If a coalition of prominent black MPs, activists and community leaders drew up a code defining anti-black racism the Labour party would not accept a majority white committee telling them they knew best.

Just treat us the way you treat other minorities. That’s it.

For us, this isn’t a political row. I know it feels like that for many Corbyn supporters—another attack on your leader, including from some of the same people who opposed him in 2015 and 2016, who would oppose him regardless of this issue. They see the bad faith allies and they suit up, taking on the right-wing commentators who seem to care deeply about anti-Semitism in the Labour party, but don’t appear to think it’s worthy of a column when it falls from the mouth of a far-right thug.

But the quickfire tweets, the glib responses, the joy of the counter-attack—that all takes on a different texture here. It’s not two wings of a party fighting for supremacy. It’s you telling me that my identity doesn’t matter.

I listened to the Pete Willsman tape last night. For those who haven’t heard it yet, it’s a recording of a member of the Labour party’s ruling body, the NEC, ranting about Jews. (Willsman has previously sat on the party’s disputes committee, which deals with—among other things—antisemitism.) Transcribing his words does not do them justice. You need to listen to him, listen to the hate in his voice, the way his voice rises, full of righteous anger as he dismisses all complaints of anti-Semitism; suggests the online abuse may have been fabricated.

Having now apologised, the party will not discipline him. Willsman is currently running for re-election, and has every chance of being successful.

Why? Because he is backed by Momentum, running under the banner of the “JC9”, a slate whose name is meant to indicate the candidates’ support for Jeremy Corbyn.

The Labour leader was in the room when Willsman was speaking. He heard Willsman demand that the 68 rabbis, representing a broad spectrum of Jewish opinion in Britain, who have warned of anti-semitism within Labour, provide “evidence”—in that tone—and stayed silent.

Now, the tape has been released for all of us to hear. Still, he remains silent.

It is this silence, this complicity, that worries me. The willingness, over decades, to hear anti-Semitic remarks, to speak alongside anti-Semitic speakers, to make friends with people who hold such views and to say nothing.

Being a member of a political party involves compromises. During my lifetime the party has always been a broad church, stretching from one Tony to the other. The differences were political—one wing saw the world in a different way to the other.

Some policies, positions or comments make you angry, but you remain because the overall package is still the right one for you and the way you see the world. In the 22 years since I first joined I’ve railed against vouchers for asylum seekers, tuition fees, immigration detention, more tuition fees, the war in Iraq, 90 days, 42 days and many, many more. I’ve weighed them up, I’ve made my choice, I’ve stayed. This is what it means to be in a political party. I just never thought I’d have to make such a judgment on my own identity.

It is a compromise I cannot make. Others will, and I don’t judge them for that. We all have to make our own decisions and I know that some people will disagree with me. But I no longer feel that these two parts of my identity can be reconciled. I’m Jewish and I’m no longer a member of the Labour party
To view the link you have to Register or Login

I thought this line ..."the party has always been a broad church, stretching from one Tony to the other..." was a nice touch.
Old 31-07-2018, 06:31 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
So, I have done some quick digging. The only Peter or P Arif I can find in the UK would be a male thought to be 65+ and last known to be living an an address in Edmonton in North London.

As far as I can tell he's not deceased so it could perfectly plausibly be our man. However, the location of his 2016 created hate filled Facebook profile is given as Sheffield while the location on his post is middlesborough.

His first posts on facebook are very "Like this if you think ice cream is wonderful" before going on weird conspiracy based racist rants.

This is more likely than not a burner account for someone else using a faked/stolen identity.

I'd suggest Labour may have to do a bit of digging around to see who this really is and then expell them
Should start with all the Haagen Dazs shops and take it from there.

Les is oposicions a French Canadian word?

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.