Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 16-08-2018, 09:28 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I would imagine the scars of the holocaust on the Jews run deep and when you have a first hand account from a parent, I would imagine that would have a lasting effect on your psyche.

I know you cannot stand the woman, but I would say leave your criticisms to matters that are less personal to her.
But she is allowed to make political capital out of personal issues?
Old 16-08-2018, 09:28 PM
Banned by Moderators

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I would imagine the scars of the holocaust on the Jews run deep and when you have a first hand account from a parent, I would imagine that would have a lasting effect on your psyche.

I know you cannot stand the woman, but I would say leave your criticisms to matters that are less personal to her.
Then she shouldn't say these things on the news.

It's funny. I think most will find it utterly ridiculous to compare being put under investigation for swearing at your boss with being oppressed by the Nazis....
If you’re on the left, disagree all you want, but for feck’s sake try to find it in your hearts to treat each other with a modicum of respect and refrain from vile personal abuse. If you’re on the right… just try to find your hearts. And good luck with that.

Last edited by nickgusset; 16-08-2018 at 09:32 PM.
Old 16-08-2018, 09:38 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
....have you seen what she actually said?
Yes. She said her father told her to always have a suitcase packed.

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 16-08-2018, 09:40 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
But she is allowed to make political capital out of personal issues?
Gussett has criticised her for mentioning her father who suffered under the SS and it is obvious how that has affected her and how her fathers advice to her
resonated with her.

Old 16-08-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgusset View Post
Then she shouldn't say these things on the news.

It's funny. I think most will find it utterly ridiculous to compare being put under investigation for swearing at your boss with being oppressed by the Nazis....
You don't think that being warned by her father to always have her suitcase packed may not be playing on her mind anytime she perceives that a growing level of anti-semitism is raising its head?

Did you see the interview with her?

Old 16-08-2018, 09:45 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes. She said her father told her to always have a suitcase packed.
That's not what Gusset is referring to though.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

This is.
Old 16-08-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
That's not what Gusset is referring to though.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

This is.
It is what she was referring to, not sure why you say it was not what Gussett was referring to.

Did you see the interview?

Old 16-08-2018, 09:52 PM

For the record I think the way Israeli governments have treated the Palestinians over the years has been a ******* disgrace.

I have not fallen the wrong side of the IHRA definition of anti-semitism by stating this.

See how easy it is to stick up for the Palestinian cause without opening the door to accusations of anti-semitism?

Old 16-08-2018, 09:57 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Seriously wonder where this is going to end. I am not surprised some on here agree with Len the denial of the issue the claims it is smears have been made loud and clear by some. Any concerned raised is questioned.
In general terms the Len article is like Gusset or Elgin responding to my concerns. In summary Len says its been sorted now shut up else there is going to be a falling out. This is not an article reaching out to the Jewish community its an article aimed at the converted Corbyn supporters, we have done everything we can its the fault of the pesky Jews that will not listen why we are being accused of racism they are against our project (your project).
Len made it clear last year his view there is no serious antisemitism its mood music he was one of those that gave a standing ovation at the Labour Party Conference to one of the leaders of JVL who stood on the platform and told an enthusiastic crowd there is no antisemitism in Labour.
We have his view on what has been offered to the Jewish community which is as biased as Nicks and Elgins. From my perspective believe the half truths his views it makes no difference to my stance. As I said to Elgin this is personal. If Labour want to play politics with racism and they are then I will call it out disagree I would not expect less throw the insults tell me I am being fooled led astray by the MSM how can I be so blind. Trust me I have the same view on Corbyn supporters.
The last few days I have the feeling that Milne and Corbyn have decided to go for attack mode the useful idiots like Len have been give free reign.
Old 16-08-2018, 09:58 PM
Banned by Moderators

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You don't think that being warned by her father to always have her suitcase packed may not be playing on her mind anytime she perceives that a growing level of anti-semitism is raising its head?

Did you see the interview with her?

She said there is "a fine line between being pro-Palestinian, and being anti-Semitic".

I disagree, there is no "fine line" between supporting Palestinians and "anti-Semitism" at all.

One involves basic human decency and solidarity with people who have unquestionably suffered decades of brutal repression. The other involves being an anti-Jewish bigot who hates Jews because they're Jews.

Again it's an effort to obfuscte and to intimidate people who might feel something towards Palestinians under Israeli repression and want to speak out without repercussions of being labelled an anti Semite.
If you’re on the left, disagree all you want, but for feck’s sake try to find it in your hearts to treat each other with a modicum of respect and refrain from vile personal abuse. If you’re on the right… just try to find your hearts. And good luck with that.
Old 16-08-2018, 09:59 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Many people care more about what he would do if he got into power.

If it’s more than just placating the long list of self interest groups then that’s one thing.

Are we OK that he leaves behind the Chavs, Little Englanders, Daily Mail readers, Gammons, etc?

Are you OK with alienating a huge section of working class Britain for the Corben project?

That really is a serious question.
Presumably the better pay, better jobs and working rights rhetoric should appeal to them if they're working class and concerned with working class issues. Labour returning to root left-wing issues should be right up their street
Old 16-08-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
Seriously wonder where this is going to end. I am not surprised some on here agree with Len the denial of the issue the claims it is smears have been made loud and clear by some. Any concerned raised is questioned.
In general terms the Len article is like Gusset or Elgin responding to my concerns. In summary Len says its been sorted now shut up else there is going to be a falling out. This is not an article reaching out to the Jewish community its an article aimed at the converted Corbyn supporters, we have done everything we can its the fault of the pesky Jews that will not listen why we are being accused of racism they are against our project (your project).
Len made it clear last year his view there is no serious antisemitism its mood music he was one of those that gave a standing ovation at the Labour Party Conference to one of the leaders of JVL who stood on the platform and told an enthusiastic crowd there is no antisemitism in Labour.
We have his view on what has been offered to the Jewish community which is as biased as Nicks and Elgins. From my perspective believe the half truths his views it makes no difference to my stance. As I said to Elgin this is personal. If Labour want to play politics with racism and they are then I will call it out disagree I would not expect less throw the insults tell me I am being fooled led astray by the MSM how can I be so blind. Trust me I have the same Corbyn.
The last few days I have the feeling that Milne and Corbyn have decided to go for attack mode the useful idiots like Len have been give free reign.
What gets me, is that a day or two ago McClusky stated that Labour should adopt the IHRA definition in full and then comes out and says what he did.

Old 16-08-2018, 10:01 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:

Maybe. But I think it’s fairly out of order to compare being investigated by the Labour Party as the same as being a Jewish person under Nazi germany. Personally I think that is crass beyond belief.

A bit like footballers (even if black) who have compared being tied in to football contracts as modern day slavery.
Old 16-08-2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
She said there is "a fine line between being pro-Palestinian, and being anti-Semitic".

I disagree, there is no "fine line" between supporting Palestinians and "anti-Semitism" at all.

One involves basic human decency and solidarity with people who have unquestionably suffered decades of brutal repression. The other involves being an anti-Jewish bigot who hates Jews because they're Jews.

Again it's an effort to obfuscte and to intimidate people who might feel something towards Palestinians under Israeli repression and want to speak out without repercussions of being labelled an anti Semite.
Sorry, but you are an idiot.

Old 16-08-2018, 10:04 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
If that’s what she said it’s racism towards Palestinians.
Old 16-08-2018, 10:06 PM

There’s a fine line between being pro Black Lives Matter, and being against white people.
Old 16-08-2018, 10:10 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Sorry, but you are an idiot.
What are Hodges prime motives do you think?
Old 16-08-2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Maybe. But I think it’s fairly out of order to compare being investigated by the Labour Party as the same as being a Jewish person under Nazi germany. Personally I think that is crass beyond belief.

A bit like footballers (even if black) who have compared being tied in to football contracts as modern day slavery.
Come on CR there is no comparison.

Imagine what it must have been like to be Jewish during the holocaust and how that experience passed down a generation or two could inspire a level of fear and concern that it could raise its head again. When signs emerge, real or imagined, don't you expect a strong reaction to quash it?

Being of Armenian descent I remember back in the '70s when I was young the anger that still existed towards the Turks over the Armenian holocaust, with marches held and some level of terrorism. iirc a few Turkish banks were bombed in Paris in the '90s by Armenians. Such atrocities run deep and its affects are passed down the generations.

Old 16-08-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
What are Hodges prime motives do you think?
Right so just give no consideration whatsoever to the scars that the holocaust could have had on her and simply go for the line that she is using it to get rid of Corbyn. I assume is what you are driving at.

ffs.

Old 16-08-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
If that’s what she said it’s racism towards Palestinians.
wtf