Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 16-08-2018, 10:18 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Right so just give no consideration whatsoever to the scars that the holocaust could have had on her and simply go for the line that she is using it to get rid of Corbyn. I assume is what you are driving at.

ffs.
Come off it. She`s a politician.
Old 16-08-2018, 10:21 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Come on CR there is no comparison.

Imagine what it must have been like to be Jewish during the holocaust and how that experience passed down a generation or two could inspire a level of fear and concern that it could raise its head again. When signs emerge, real or imagined, don't you expect a strong reaction to quash it?

Being of Armenian descent I remember back in the '70s when I was young the anger that still existed towards the Turks over the Armenian holocaust, with marches held and some level of terrorism. iirc a few Turkish banks were bombed in Paris in the '90s by Armenians. Such atrocities run deep and its affects are passed down the generations.
I can’t imagine it must be horrific. Sorry you’re not gonna convince me. I think it’s a crass comparison at best and is flippant towards the horror and terror of the Nazi regime.

I would say the same if you were in the Labour Party and got investigated and compared it to someone who was the victim of the genocide against Armenians.

In fact the more I think about it the more crass I think it is. I would go as far to say it’s an insult.
Banned by Moderators

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Right so just give no consideration whatsoever to the scars that the holocaust could have had on her and simply go for the line that she is using it to get rid of Corbyn. I assume is what you are driving at.

ffs.
A few weeks ago I may not have done. And whilst I agree that there are scars for those who were personally affected by the holocaust, it's pretty not on to compare being worried because you shouted anti semite in your bosses face to nazi Germany, even if you are Jewish.
What's she saying to Jewish Labour party members who support Corbyn.
If you’re on the left, disagree all you want, but for feck’s sake try to find it in your hearts to treat each other with a modicum of respect and refrain from vile personal abuse. If you’re on the right… just try to find your hearts. And good luck with that.

Last edited by nickgusset; 16-08-2018 at 10:37 PM.

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Come off it. She`s a politician.
Sorry I did not realise that once you become a politician you stop experiencing the same emotions as us mere mortals.

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 16-08-2018, 10:23 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sorry I did not realise that once you become a politician you stop experiencing the same emotions as us mere mortals.
And here was me thinking Corbyn was just a well meaning idiot. I hadn’t realised he was using anti-semitism as a form of power grab.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 16-08-2018, 10:23 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
wtf
Saying that being pro Palestinian is a thin line from being racist, is racist in and of itself to Palestinians in my view. It’s a disgusting thing to say.

Just as it would be to say being pro Jewish is a thin line from being anti Palestinian.
Old 16-08-2018, 10:26 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
If that’s what she said it’s racism towards Palestinians.
As much as your saying that me being pro Israel makes me racist against Palestinians. I am acutely aware there is a fine line when being pro Israel and not being racist against Palestinians.
I am used to seeing the criticisms levelled at Israel does not take long to find them on here. You have made it clear if pushed your view on Hamas without though going into a long exercise I think you will find there are far more anti Israeli comments than anti Palestinians on here over the years.
Old 16-08-2018, 10:26 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Saying that being pro Palestinian is a thin line from being racist, is racist in and of itself to Palestinians in my view. It’s a disgusting thing to say.

Just as it would be to say being pro Jewish is a thin line from being anti Palestinian.
The rules are different for Israel.
Old 16-08-2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
As much as your saying that me being pro Israel makes me racist against Palestinians. I am acutely aware there is a fine line when being pro Israel and not being racist against Palestinians.
I am used to seeing the criticisms levelled at Israel does not take long to find them on here. You have made it clear if pushed your view on Hamas without though going into a long exercise I think you will find there are far more anti Israeli comments than anti Palestinians on here over the years.
Of course. With good reason.
Old 16-08-2018, 10:30 PM

etu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineetu : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The more I read this thread and what's being said in the papers, the more I'm wondering about when it suddenly become alright to tell the victims of racial discrimination what discrimination is and isn't, and how they can and can't feel about it. Its surely one of the central tenets of social justice that the victim gets to tell us what's offensive and what's not.

Nothing's convincing me so much that there is a genuine anti-semitism problem in the party as the foot dragging and mumbled apologies when it comes to adopting a stance on the problem that its victims find acceptable.
Old 16-08-2018, 10:30 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
I can’t imagine it must be horrific. Sorry you’re not gonna convince me. I think it’s a crass comparison at best and is flippant towards the horror and terror of the Nazi regime.

I would say the same if you were in the Labour Party and got investigated and compared it to someone who was the victim of the genocide against Armenians.

In fact the more I think about it the more crass I think it is. I would go as far to say it’s an insult.
But she was not comparing it to being a victim of the holocaust she was really highlighting, without stating it or maybe realising it, how the experiences of those who suffered under the Nazis made her generation extremely wary of ant-semitism ever gaining traction again and being reborn to the extent where a new holocaust against the Jewish people could become a reality.

It would be in the nature of many if not all Jews to be extremely sensitive to anti-semitism after what their forefathers suffered. Surely not hard to understand.

Old 16-08-2018, 10:31 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
So what we down to now with the Jews, making light of the effects it had on a Holocaust survivors child to protect Corbyn because one of the siblings may not like here boss being matey with others that would like to and have exterminated fellow jews..

Surprised cannot see how that could be....
Old 16-08-2018, 10:32 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
If that’s what she said it’s racism towards Palestinians.
I imagine she was referring to her direct experience.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 16-08-2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
So what we down to now with the Jews, making light of the effects it had on a Holocaust survivors child to protect Corbyn because one of the siblings may not like here boss being matey with others that would like to and have exterminated fellow jews..

Surprised cannot see how that could be....
It is unbelievable the lengths some will go to to defend a Corbyn led Labour party.

Old 16-08-2018, 10:42 PM

Quote:
But she was not comparing it to being a victim of the holocaust she was really highlighting, without stating it or maybe realising it, how the experiences of those who suffered under the Nazis made her generation extremely wary of ant-semitism ever gaining traction again and being reborn to the extent where a new holocaust against the Jewish people could become a reality.

It would be in the nature of many if not all Jews to be extremely sensitive to anti-semitism after what their forefathers suffered. Surely not hard to understand.
I think she was saying more than that. I just think it’s crass comparing those who suffered at the hands of the SS with a Labour Party investigation even taking account the validity of what you’re saying.
Old 16-08-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
It is unbelievable the lengths some will go to to defend a Corbyn led Labour party.
And the lengths people will go to stop someone like Corbyn ever getting to power.
Old 16-08-2018, 10:51 PM

legaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
The rules are different for Israel.
Yes,they are.As well as legit criticism,they also attract opprobrium from a minority of people motivated in part by pure anti-semitic prejudice
Old 16-08-2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legaleagle2 View Post
Yes,they are.As well as legit criticism,they also attract opprobrium from a minority of people motivated in part by pure anti-semitic prejudice
Thinking more the other way. They get away with murder.
Old 16-08-2018, 10:53 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
And the lengths people will go to stop someone like Corbyn ever getting to power.
All they needed (it’s too late for needs now) to do was to deal with the issue when it first came up. None of this wreath stuff would have had any traction had they done that.

They chose not to and here we are.

If a new windrush story comes out tomorrow, how much traction would it have it? The answer is a lot less than it would have had the Tories tried to fight it for months.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 16-08-2018, 10:54 PM
Banned by Moderators

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone for a centrist party? Off you pop Margaret, go on Chukka, John Mann and the rest.
Before conference would be good.
If you’re on the left, disagree all you want, but for feck’s sake try to find it in your hearts to treat each other with a modicum of respect and refrain from vile personal abuse. If you’re on the right… just try to find your hearts. And good luck with that.