Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 17-08-2018, 01:51 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
My feelings too. Daft comments really but the Corbynite pile on shows how deep Labours problem is.

Some very vile people in Labour these days. Perhaps they were always there but they're front and centre now.
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 17-08-2018, 01:52 PM
Banned by Moderators

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Private eye. 1995
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1534506672577.jpg (104.8 KB, 23 views)
If you’re on the left, disagree all you want, but for feck’s sake try to find it in your hearts to treat each other with a modicum of respect and refrain from vile personal abuse. If you’re on the right… just try to find your hearts. And good luck with that.
Old 17-08-2018, 01:58 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgusset View Post
Private eye. 1995
So Corbyn said Labour should keep clause 4 and Hodge said it was more important to change it and make Labour electable.

What was the outcome of all that in the end?
Old 17-08-2018, 02:05 PM
Banned by Moderators

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
So Corbyn said Labour should keep clause 4 and Hodge said it was more important to change it and make Labour electable.

What was the outcome of all that in the end?
Hodge didn't come across very well in that article did she?
If you’re on the left, disagree all you want, but for feck’s sake try to find it in your hearts to treat each other with a modicum of respect and refrain from vile personal abuse. If you’re on the right… just try to find your hearts. And good luck with that.
Old 17-08-2018, 02:05 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Private eye. 1995
Nice trip down memory Lane, but haven't you posted this in the wrong thread?

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 17-08-2018, 02:06 PM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
It's been largely ignored on this thread, but I actually think the worst comments Hodge made by far were saying there is a thin line between being pro-Palestinian and anti-Semitic. A racist and abhorrent thing to say in my view.
I don't see anything abhorrent about the idea that when people are fervently passionate about a cause sometimes their perfectly justified, righteous anger can blind them to their own behaviour.

Some ardent feminists lapse into man hating or transphobia, some anti-racists lapse into racism towards white people, some generally decent left-wingers spit at Tories, and some pro-Palestine activists lapse into anti-semitism.
Old 17-08-2018, 02:08 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
It seems its ok to repeat things so I say it again....

Which brings me to Jackie Walker and others within JVL but lets stick with Walker a fierce critic of Israel who over stepped the line on more than one occasion her Jewish ancestor is without question that does not excuse antisemitism and her defence includes but I have a Jewish ancestor I am not antisemitic. It fails before she even reaches the first hurdle I do not define the religious view I understand why it was done and also understand the issues it raises within the Jewish community particularly where the father is Jewish the mother is not. I would take the Jewish Liberal /Reform approach in that case providing the child is brought up Jewish. None though within all the Jewish groups would define Walker as Jewish just by her father alone some would if she was brought up Jewish this clearly from her autobiography was not the case.
So what is she gaining by using but I am part Jewish, a justification for her antisemitism maybe sorry no excuses if she cannot accept that to many she is just antisemitic and a racist no excuses thats her issue, but telling that she trys to use it to justify it.
Telling that others use the who defines who is Jewish argument as vile. Have a go at Heb but you are in the wrong the only ones defining who is Jewish suggesting Heb is wrong and vile is you. I would suggest you are using it only to defend her view that is vile.
Whatever. You and Heb tell a black woman she can't be Jewish if you like and deign to give a criteria. I don't think that's on and is vile. And Jewish people on the receiving end of anti-semitism from fascist regimes weren't lucky enough to be spared because they didn't fit your criteria.

I don't like Jaqi Walker or some of her views but that's another matter.
Old 17-08-2018, 02:10 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hodge didn't come across very well in that article did she?
She certainly didn't seem win over "the hundred or so" Islington people who like to spend their evenings going to see Jeremy Corbyn debate Margret Hodge regarding Clause IV.

I was just curious what happened next. Would rather undermine the story if Labour amended clause IV, made themselves electable, went on to win three elections in a row, allowing them to introduce a raft of measures to improve society and help ordinary working people.
Old 17-08-2018, 02:13 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by se1eagle View Post
I don't see anything abhorrent about the idea that when people are fervently passionate about a cause sometimes their perfectly justified, righteous anger can blind them to their own behaviour.

Some ardent feminists lapse into man hating or transphobia, some anti-racists lapse into racism towards white people, some generally decent left-wingers spit at Tories, and some pro-Palestine activists lapse into anti-semitism.
I think you are missing the point. A "thin line" between being pro-Palestinian and anti-Semitic. Very dodgy. That's hardly the same as someone saying righteous anger can blind them to their behaviour.
Old 17-08-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
She certainly didn't seem win over "the hundred or so" Islington people who like to spend their evenings going to see Jeremy Corbyn debate Margret Hodge regarding Clause IV.

I was just curious what happened next. Would rather undermine the story if Labour amended clause IV, made themselves electable, went on to win three elections in a row, allowing them to introduce a raft of measures to improve society and help ordinary working people.
Yeah in your dribbling over Blairites, you've forgotten PFI, the Iraq War, continuation of right to buy, academies etc all while the economy was booming and far more could have been done.

Also missed out that under Blair millions of working class votes were lost and Labour in Scotland and the north ended up in a total state.

I mean Thatcher got it right when she said Blair was one of the best things that she created.
Old 17-08-2018, 02:17 PM

Last poll Labour two points ahead. This one Labour gains a point. Not enough, but won't be enough for the right of the Labour Party either. All the signs are there is an SDP Mark2 in the making.

Quote:
Britain Elects
‏ @britainelects
2m2 minutes ago

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 40% (-)
LAB: 39% (+1)
LDEM: 9% (-)
UKIP: 4% (+1)
GRN: 3% (-)

via @KantarPublic, 09 - 13 Aug
Chgs. w/ 09 Jul
8 replies . 12 retweets 14 likes
Old 17-08-2018, 02:19 PM

Lingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Maybe goes to show how out of touch Islington Labour Party members are with potential Labour voters.
Old 17-08-2018, 02:20 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Nice trip down memory Lane, but haven't you posted this in the wrong thread?
Just dragging up the past of one of the protagonists.
Can't do that now?

Unless it's Jeremy Corbyn, then fill yer boots.
Old 17-08-2018, 02:20 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Hodge's grandmother was shot dead outside a concentration camp, an Aunts husband was killed in Auschwitz. She has a very close association with the horrors of that time.

Here is what she said about how the Labour party investigation made her feel;

'I did feel very bruised, On the day I heard that they were going to discipline me, and possibly suspend me, it felt almost like, I kept thinking, what did it feel like to be a jew in Germany in the '30s, cos it felt almost like they were coming for me, and its rather difficult to define, but there is that fear, and it reminded me of what my Dad used to say, he always said to me as a child, you gotta keep a packed suitcase at the door Margaret, incase you have to leave in a hurry'
She has a genetic connection and a family history connection. One indeed that would have resonated through her parents down to her.

To wonder how her family must have felt and the fear they felt simply for being Jewish is only natural.

And while it is on an utterly different scale that she links two, being targeted for being Jewish, is again only natural.

I still can't stand her, as she showed no concern for the child victims abused under regime. Worse she sort to discredit and undermine them. So while I understand her concern and would never seek to say those feelings aren't genuine, in general as a powerful politician I find it hard to sympathise with her as a 'victim'

Again this whole issue isn't straight forward and for me is highly nuanced. To that end the Corbyn wrong or Corbyn right shouters need to see the difficult contradictions
Old 17-08-2018, 02:22 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Implied, not inferred.

And the problem with that is that, pace gusset, often implications are what the listener hopes has been said, rather than what was meant (and never said).
Haven't many often been Critical of Corbyn not for what was said but what that implied to their beliefs?

Quite fairly, you can only approach these comments from your POV, but you can't unequivocally dismiss others interpretations of what the implication of what is said or what the headline is. It's impossible as another person to firmly gauge her intentions and she should clarify.
Old 17-08-2018, 02:23 PM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think you are missing the point. A "thin line" between being pro-Palestinian and anti-Semitic. Very dodgy. That's hardly the same as someone saying righteous anger can blind them to their behaviour.
I think it's exactly the same. Many of the high-profile incidents of anti-semitism in the Labour party have come from people who are pro-Palestine (Jackie Walker, Naz Shah, Ken Livingstone) so the line is obviously fine enough that people are crossing over it.

Indeed the line between being anti-Zionist, which the vast majority of pro-Palestinian people are, and being anti-Semitic, is why we have all this controversy about the IHRA definition.
Old 17-08-2018, 02:25 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:

I posted to highlight a Hodge outburst.
Old 17-08-2018, 02:26 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Whatever. You and Heb tell a black woman she can't be Jewish if you like and deign to give a criteria. .
As I understand it, you can’t just say you are Jewish. There are indeed criteria.

As for bringing her skin colour into it, that’s well below you.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 17-08-2018, 02:28 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Just dragging up the past of one of the protagonists.
Can't do that now?

Unless it's Jeremy Corbyn, then fill yer boots.
But it adds nothing to the debate. We already know that Hodge is no fan of Corbyn.

From everything I am reading on here, no one is claiming she is a lovely and charming woman, the opposite in fact, so why resort to the sort of tactics that are used to smear Corbyn.

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 17-08-2018, 02:30 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Margaret Hodge has a personal connection to the holocaust, yes. Margaret Hodge is a supporter of Israel. Margatet Hodge has clashed with Corbyn ideologically for decades and been a fierce critic of him.

It's her right to say what she feels and it's up to nobody to dismiss how she feels. The question is was she being disengenious to compare Labour's internal disciplinary procedure, one which everyone could see would not lead to anything major to one of the biggest attrocties of all time.