Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 21-03-2018, 11:59 AM
Balding Eagle

Palace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is here
Put simply - in my 40+ years of following Palace he is one of the very best players I have ever seen....

I put him alongside the likes of Hilaire, Lombardo, Wright, Magic Matt Jansen etc...

To me he really is that good
Old 21-03-2018, 12:27 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
I can’t see him going to spurs at all because of their wage structure. But yes, we should be looking for a player of the Cali bee of lamela; that plus about £50m
Give up with this silly crap. Player swaps are a stupid, suboptimal idea, even when the two players are a good fit, let alone when you don't have a clue who they might offer, let alone a Spurs reject, and especially, let alone when Levy is on the other side of the table !
Old 21-03-2018, 12:29 PM

Sydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random* View Post
Anything over £40m would break Tottenham's transfer record, wouldn't it? I just can't seem them paying up for him, when you have to also stick on top £100k a week for 4-5 years.

Whether right or wrong, the £50m+ rated wingers in the Premier League are currently:

Deli Alli
Raheem Sterling
Leroy Sane
Anthony Martial
Sadio Mane

Where does he sit in comparison with that lot?
Dele Alli a winger?
Old 21-03-2018, 12:31 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Not sure anyone will pay what we value Wilf at. Anybody paying north of £60/£70m even in the current market needs to build their team around that player (see Pogba & Lukaku).

Only PSG, Man City, Barce and Real can afford to spend that and not have this the case. They do however regularly have to let stars go due to not enough game time.

As for Spurs, they can f*ck right off. They won't be buying him and not sure why if you wanted to leave Palace to challenge for trophies why you would even think about going to spurs!!
unless he has a release clause we don't have to accept offers not suitable to us, end of. Of course that can lead to an unsettled player but at the same time the club can't just say let's take 50M when they know it is not enough.
Old 21-03-2018, 12:32 PM

Sydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSydenham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Dan View Post
Put simply - in my 40+ years of following Palace he is one of the very best players I have ever seen....

I put him alongside the likes of Hilaire, Lombardo, Wright, Magic Matt Jansen etc...

To me he really is that good
If you've been watching Palace for that long how can you possibly leave Sansom off the list?

Sansom, Wright and Zaha are on a different level from anyone else I've seen at Selhurst
Old 21-03-2018, 12:35 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random* View Post
Anything over £40m would break Tottenham's transfer record, wouldn't it? I just can't seem them paying up for him, when you have to also stick on top £100k a week for 4-5 years.

Whether right or wrong, the £50m+ rated wingers in the Premier League are currently:

Deli Alli
Raheem Sterling
Leroy Sane
Anthony Martial
Sadio Mane

Where does he sit in comparison with that lot?
If Levy can see a quick turn, buy, then sell a year later for an extra few tens of millions to Spain or PSG, he will try it on. And, if you think Alli, Mane or Sane will go for £50M, you are dreaming. Alli will be Bale MkII.
Old 21-03-2018, 12:45 PM
Balding Eagle

Palace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is herePalace Dan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydenham Eagle View Post
If you've been watching Palace for that long how can you possibly leave Sansom off the list?

Sansom, Wright and Zaha are on a different level from anyone else I've seen at Selhurst
Do you know that is such a good point - can't believe I missed him out - superb player - remember him scoring directly from a corner v Fulham in a 2-3 defeat that the ref took players off by mistake 5 minutes too soon??
Old 21-03-2018, 12:52 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
Give up with this silly crap. Player swaps are a stupid, suboptimal idea, even when the two players are a good fit, let alone when you don't have a clue who they might offer, let alone a Spurs reject, and especially, let alone when Levy is on the other side of the table !
But it would stiff Man Utd on their no doubt generous sell-on clause.

I still don't want Zaha to leave though. For any player, or any money.
Old 21-03-2018, 12:59 PM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
Quote:

Add in Lombardo.

Wilf is a generational player for a club like ours. When he goes it will be a long time before we see someone as good again
Old 21-03-2018, 01:00 PM
Supporting Palace away

Eagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
Possibly not with Spurs but as a poster said a few pages back. Victor Moses plus cash from Chelsea would possibly be acceptable. Plus as Celtic said. it screws over Man Utd.
Old 21-03-2018, 01:16 PM

sheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Dan View Post
On a par if not better than some - e.g. Martial...
I dunno, if given a choice based purely on ability (no emotional attachment), I'd probably put Mane, Sterling and Sane way ahead of Zaha.

Realistically £40m to £50m feels about right for Wilf's stats. He's never scored 15+ goals or got 15+ assists in a season playing for us. In a better team, he probably would but doubt clubs would make that sort of gamble.

Happily it only becomes an issue if he asks to leave so hopefully all this talk of value is moot.
Old 21-03-2018, 01:17 PM

Loafster Sam the man is hereLoafster Sam the man is hereLoafster Sam the man is hereLoafster Sam the man is hereLoafster Sam the man is hereLoafster Sam the man is hereLoafster Sam the man is hereLoafster Sam the man is hereLoafster Sam the man is hereLoafster Sam the man is hereLoafster Sam the man is here
to us Wilf is priceless, and we could never replace him.
That 80 million will not look much in the championship.
However if Wilf wants to go how could we deny him that move after what he has done for us?
Just pray he wants to stay, that's all it boils down to, if he wants to go he will go.
That will be my worst day as a Palace fan ever without doubt.
Old 21-03-2018, 05:06 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
I dunno, if given a choice based purely on ability (no emotional attachment), I'd probably put Mane, Sterling and Sane way ahead of Zaha.

Realistically £40m to £50m feels about right for Wilf's stats. He's never scored 15+ goals or got 15+ assists in a season playing for us. In a better team, he probably would but doubt clubs would make that sort of gamble.

Happily it only becomes an issue if he asks to leave so hopefully all this talk of value is moot.
If you put Wilf into Utd team he’d score more goals.
Old 21-03-2018, 05:23 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafster View Post
to us Wilf is priceless, and we could never replace him.
That 80 million will not look much in the championship.
However if Wilf wants to go how could we deny him that move after what he has done for us?
Just pray he wants to stay, that's all it boils down to, if he wants to go he will go.
That will be my worst day as a Palace fan ever without doubt.
To me it's still a miracle that we ever got him back at all.

With our scouting we are down as soon as we sell him.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 21-03-2018, 05:24 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
Add in Lombardo.

Wilf is a generational player for a club like ours. When he goes it will be a long time before we see someone as good again
I so agree. He will be talked about for decades. Whatever the outcome.
Old 21-03-2018, 06:36 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:

Don Rogers and Johnny Byrne were terrific too.
Old 21-03-2018, 06:45 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
If you put Wilf into Utd team he’d score more goals.
Sutton? Hartlepool? Rotherham?

You red glove wearing clownpiece.
Old 21-03-2018, 07:14 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Agree. I think when it comes to pure influence and achievement for our club, I would have to put Wright at the top of my 40 year Palace tree. But Wilf is getting very, very close to what Wrighty did here.
Old 21-03-2018, 07:56 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Could see Man City being interested as he has all the physical attributes and work ethic plus a will to improve - I get the impression that, with Sanchez and Mahrez, Guardiola simply said "you're worth x to us, and the team is more important than the individual". As at Barcelona, you either buy into the philosophy of succeeding as a team, or fail as an individual.

Look at how he has handled Aguero and You're, and how they have responded.
Old 21-03-2018, 08:48 PM
Banned by Moderators

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal_eagle View Post
I've never seen Wilf 'down tools' in an attempt to force a move.
He was pretty poor after playing for England and prior to and after Utd signing him. Whether that was because his head had been turned or otherwise who knows?