Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOM
Speroni 1 0.18%
PVA 4 0.73%
Tomkins 7 1.28%
Dann 0 0%
Ward 1 0.18%
Schlupp 1 0.18%
Milivojevic 12 2.19%
Cabaye 274 49.91%
RLC 6 1.09%
Townsend 26 4.74%
Zaha 202 36.79%
TFM 13 2.37%
Sako 2 0.36%
Voters: 549. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-10-2017, 06:29 PM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 28-10-2017, 06:29 PM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DundeeFan View Post
A better keeper might have, but Joe Hart is piss poor.
Not today he wasn't. Good premiership keeper. Nothing more, nothing less. To think people were turning their noses up at the idea of getting him at Palace this summer...
Old 28-10-2017, 06:30 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingClinton View Post

Go on uncle Roy. Drop ward too. You know it makes sense. Weak link.
hear hear
Old 28-10-2017, 06:31 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
We saw the game in exactly the same way - we wrote almost exactly the same thing at the same time. I'm relatively optimistic about staying up IF we continue to show the same fighting spirit as of late. Our energy levels and commitment were hugely improved in the second half - they must have had a rollicking!! At some point fortune will smile in us too - so many golden chances somehow conspiring to stay out due to poor finishing, good saves and General rub of the green.
cheers. So unlucky not to win, but point will keep morale going. Excellent performance. With 28 games to go, that's what matters.
Old 28-10-2017, 06:31 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
Not today he wasn't. Good premiership keeper. Nothing more, nothing less. To think people were turning their noses up at the idea of getting him at Palace this summer...
would have been three points today. Not just the keeping but i noticed in the first half he turned defense into attck with some ggod, quick distribution - something we never do from the keeper.

If Jules can get it into the opponents half and keep it on the pitch i'm happy.
Old 28-10-2017, 06:32 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
hear hear
depends on the formation
Old 28-10-2017, 06:33 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millip View Post
Why does Joe Hart decide to find some form when we play them?

Cabaye excellent, following on from Chelsea game
Just showing own goal & co that they’re talking absolute bollocks when they claim Hennessey is the better ‘keeper...

Glad Yohan is finally starting to get the credit he deserves. Class player who improves us hugely.
Old 28-10-2017, 06:34 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post

Speroni - 6 - thought he was good. No fault for either goal.

PvA - another pathetic performance before he limped off. What a useless pussy.
Love Speroni but apart from goals he had nothing to do , not sure how you can say he had a good game .

PVA - He went off after 11 minutes , silly to say he was pathetic and a useless pussy .
Old 28-10-2017, 06:34 PM

16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Speroni 5 No saves. 2 shots 2 goals. neither in the corner. we need a keeper badly

PVA n/a I like him, and even I admit he shouldn't have been starting
Tomkins 6 Was ok
Dann 6 He was ok
Ward 4 His fault for first goal imho (where was he?) and offers nothing going forward. Rightly subbed

Schlupp 6 Felt he was better as a left back. Covering pace. Like it.
Milivojevic 7 Mistake for the second so minus a point, but other than that he bossed it. Excellent penalty. Again.
Cabaye 10 MOM He was ******* everywhere. Hit the post, so many tackles and interceptions. Lasted 90 mins. His best performance for us. Should be captain
Loftus Cheek 6 Was very poor for the first 75 mins but then came alive. Has power and pace but lacks energy. Doesn't close down properly

Zaha 9 Another goal to prove the doubters wrong. Should have had a penalty. Made the right decisions more often than not. With him we always have a chance
Townsend 7 Bright. A great runner, with quality on the ball and workrate off it. Won the penalty. Great work again Andros.

Subs:

Tim Fosu-Mensah 8 Beast of a player. So much pace, carried it forward. More about him later
Sako 7 I know he missed a glorious opportunity but I felt he worked so bloody hard, and was a threat despite playing out of position. he looks like a completely different player to me. Well done Bakary

Hodgson: Big credit to him, he seems to understand who his best players are. I didn't agree with the 4-3-3 but that 2nd sub was spot on.

Huge signs of encouragement there. Real fighting spirit, especially from Cabaye. There is NO WAY we are going down, especially if the manager gets it right. West Ham sat back as expected and we huffed and puffed and conceded the first after switching off. The 2nd was an error from Luka. But the whole reason we were in trouble was that we don't have enough attacking players, especially the full backs, at home. In fact, I blame Joel Ward for our abysmal home form. He simply has no pace, can't cross and can't go forward. That's not good enough for a modern Premier League full back. We were a different proposition when he went off. Tim Fosu-Mensah, superb game from him. He can run with it, he has the pace and he can tackle. Sign him up. Crucial cog in the machine for home games for me. Likewise Schlupp as a left back. Has the recovery pace, and can run with it. He is what is needed for home games especially. Very encouraging signs. We all know the XI that should be playing once Benteke is back. Let's hope we see it on a regular basis. We need to play with 2 pacy attacking full backs in the home games, plus RLC, Zaha, Townsend and Benteke to open them up. Pleased with our aerial presence today. Back to normal for us in that regard.
Decent Summary apart from 1st goal wasn't down to Ward. Loftus cheek- Cresswell was his man and was nowhere Roy won't be happy about that, your a right midfielder for a reason. Missed McCauthur.
Old 28-10-2017, 06:36 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine lucas View Post
That photo is class.
Old 28-10-2017, 06:36 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DundeeFan View Post
A better keeper might have, but Joe Hart is piss poor.
He's a bastard as well. Been piss poor for two years and then it clicks today. But for him we'd have won that comfortably.
Old 28-10-2017, 06:39 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post

Glad Yohan is finally starting to get the credit he deserves. Class player who improves us hugely.
It baffles me the amount of stick he gets on here.We've got one poster on the Cabaye thread who posts practically every game about the fact he hasn't scored a worldie or played a 70 yard diagonal.Him and Zaha link up so well and are still our best players by some distance.
Old 28-10-2017, 06:40 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16eagles View Post
Decent Summary apart from 1st goal wasn't down to Ward. Loftus cheek- Cresswell was his man and was nowhere Roy won't be happy about that, your a right midfielder for a reason. Missed McCauthur.
I also thought that Dann could have got a tackle in
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 28-10-2017, 06:40 PM

Danny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Amazing picture. So many stories.
Old 28-10-2017, 06:42 PM

Penstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post

PVA - He went off after 11 minutes , silly to say he was pathetic and a useless pussy .
He is though. His attitude stinks.
Old 28-10-2017, 06:42 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
That goes up there with Alan Lee scoring at Sheffield Wednesday and Damien Delaney with Diego Costa as the ultimate screensaver.
Old 28-10-2017, 06:43 PM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
It baffles me the amount of stick he gets on here.We've got one poster on the Cabaye thread who posts practically every game about the fact he hasn't scored a worldie or played a 70 yard diagonal.Him and Zaha link up so well and are still our best players by some distance.
He seems to last the whole game now whereas previously he was only good for about 70mins.
I guessing its because he doesn't have to fill the gaps left by Punchy and Mac.
Old 28-10-2017, 06:44 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 28-10-2017, 06:45 PM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Great picture.
Old 28-10-2017, 06:45 PM

Penstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPenstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Lotus cheek poor for the second time in a week.
Townsend back to his usual poor end product and set piece delivery.
Dann faffed about too often.
Cabaye superb.
We remain a one man team in Wilf.