Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 26-03-2014, 05:43 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Bring your survival lucky charms, omens & sorcery here

We've got Ian Hart's 'Staying in the Premier League calculator' thread: a superb reel of science and stats on our fight for survival, but let's face it, ultimately irrational nonsense.

What we have here is a more credible and trustworthy system. Give us your lucky charms, superstitions and omens that will either predict our fate or help us break our one season Premiership hoodoo.

For example: you might suddenly have hit upon the fact that hopping on one leg through the turnstile has resulted in a victory. If this can be corroborated, then think of the advantage we'd have over our rivals as we all hop our way into the final few crucial games.

I'm a great one for omens too. On that other hocus pocus thread, N Hearts eagle has noticed that our last game against Fulham falls on May 11th. Historically a great day in our history.

This club was built on superstition: Big Mal's lucky fedora.... So cross my palm with silver and bring forth your tales of prophecy and premonition here.

We could be the 12th man. Come on, we can do this!
Old 26-03-2014, 05:47 AM

DaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How about noooo
Old 26-03-2014, 06:11 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Playing my Bananarama CD in the car to games last season had a tremendous winning run. I haven't wanted to use up all the luck so haven't tried it this season though.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 26-03-2014, 06:24 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Playing my Bananarama CD in the car to games last season had a tremendous winning run. I haven't wanted to use up all the luck so haven't tried it this season though.
Good thinking. I would advise to wait until one of the crucial games at the death and bring out the girls then.

Remember, it ain't what you do it's the way that you do it. That's what gets results.
Old 26-03-2014, 06:32 AM
Green man

OldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Well, that's why we're not winning the league! Our position is entirely your fault. You should be ashamed of yourself man.
Old 26-03-2014, 07:04 AM

An omen which has crossed my mind which may not particularly be good, although these things can work in reverse sometimes.

Last time we got relegated from the Premiership, it was WBA that stayed up to our expense. Now they're down there again so we may have a repeat scenario.

Looking at the last day of the season, we have Fulham away, they are at home to Stoke.

On that fateful day in 2005, we were away to a nondescript London side, while they were at home to a side who had flirted with relegation but on that final day, had nothing to play for.
Old 26-03-2014, 07:13 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
An omen which has crossed my mind which may not particularly be good, although these things can work in reverse sometimes.

Last time we got relegated from the Premiership, it was WBA that stayed up to our expense. Now they're down there again so we may have a repeat scenario.

Looking at the last day of the season, we have Fulham away, they are at home to Stoke.

On that fateful day in 2005, we were away to a nondescript London side, while they were at home to a side who had flirted with relegation but on that final day, had nothing to play for.
It is worse than that - on that fateful day Norwich had the best chance of staying up as they started outside the relegation zone but went away to Fulham and lost 6-0 which ultimately saved WBA.

so either if history repeats itself we could be in for a big loss or if you want Karma Norwich are in line to benefit.

Bring on Bananarama I say

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 26-03-2014, 07:14 AM

jonah : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonah : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonah : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonah : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonah : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonah : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonah : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonah : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonah : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonah : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonah : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Remember, it ain't what you do it's the way that you do it. That's what gets results.
Old 26-03-2014, 07:23 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPeanutSeller View Post
Well, that's why we're not winning the league! Our position is entirely your fault. You should be ashamed of yourself man.
The Bananarama CD is also partly to blame for Dougie securing the Bolton job (I bet he wishes he had it up there what with the dreadful run they are on)
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 26-03-2014, 07:36 AM

HorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
On match days, the first cup of the day has to be out of my Palace mug! it normally works.
Old 26-03-2014, 07:52 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
I am much more in the Signs and Omens of history May 11th a great date in our history, the Karma owed for 2005. There are other signs which need looking at, one being the great escapes in our history the final games were Stockport and Sheffield Wednesday against sides that were relegated either before or as a consequence of the result on the final day. It is possible this will be the fate of Fulham though I be far happier if they were Sulham.
Old 26-03-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
I am much more in the Signs and Omens of history May 11th a great date in our history, the Karma owed for 2005. There are other signs which need looking at, one being the great escapes in our history the final games were Stockport and Sheffield Wednesday against sides that were relegated either before or as a consequence of the result on the final day. It is possible this will be the fate of Fulham though I be far happier if they were Sulham.
Add Burnley 1983 to that as well.
Old 26-03-2014, 07:58 AM
Brighton Uni's Palace Fan

cpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've been to Selhurst several times in my work uniform and never sen us lose.

Villa is next
Old 26-03-2014, 07:59 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorleyStu View Post
On match days, the first cup of the day has to be out of my Palace mug! it normally works.
I smell a rat here. Either you don't drink many cuppas or don't go to many games for that one to work.
Personally I think Bananarama is the way forward. I call upon every palace fan to beg, steal or borrow one of their CDs now!
Old 26-03-2014, 08:02 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
I have none to offer

Any suggestions of what I should start doing between now and Fulham so I have something to contribute on that fateful day?
Old 26-03-2014, 08:04 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
The Bananarama CD is also partly to blame for Dougie securing the Bolton job (I bet he wishes he had it up there what with the dreadful run they are on)
Aren't they doing OK atm?

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 26-03-2014, 08:05 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Personally I think Bananarama is the way forward. I call upon every palace fan to beg, steal or borrow one of their CDs now!
Is listening to Bananarama via Youtube instead still count? Also will listening to them watered down by the Fun Boy Three actually work?
Old 26-03-2014, 08:06 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Surely we should also mention things you attribute to bad luck as well. For instance during the 2010-11 season when we were struggling, on the way home from matches, without fail I would go into my local shop at the end of the road for my chocolate fix. After many dismal performances I stopped going in there, and lo and behold, we started to improve. So avoid those unlucky places kids.
Old 26-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
Bring on Bananarama.
Old 26-03-2014, 08:10 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Add Burnley 1983 to that as well.
I knew there was a third I am far happier now thank you it does mean that the starting with an S is not so important. I would have worried about that until May 11th