Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-01-2014, 04:30 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
We should do this.
Indeed.

Rather than the infernal "chanting" so beloved of those Bobby Soxers on the Holmesdale Road terrace, we could stiffen the sinews of our chaps with a cheery wave of tweed encased silk.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Less blimpy than before

Andycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndycol came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycol View Post
I always look a tw@t in hats. Never tried a flat cap tho, so just ordered a Tibbit from Ted Baker. Need something to keep my head warm / dry at the front of the main stand for when the new guttering goes bad. Should be here for Norwich. Will report back, but realistically, expecting still to look a tw@t.
As expected. But sod it, it's staying.
Old 14-01-2014, 12:53 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Have you ever seen a cheesier grin than the one on Streety's face?
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
Old 14-01-2014, 01:29 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyStreet View Post
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
I don't.

I hate you because you're a ****.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 14-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerob View Post
I personally fall in the the camp of wear that the fück you like and and don't give a toss what anyone else thinks.
Can't help but think your attitude may be influenced by your username

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 14-01-2014, 02:39 PM

Selhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
1. Agreed. 2. Quite right. However, going up market may be the right approach. may I suggest that you could carry off a Homburg?
I think a Homburg, although fine headwear, is a bit 'wannabe trendy shoreditch hipster' for a man of my standing.

I'm alternating between a deerstalker for the frosty mornings & a flat cap at the moment.
Old 14-01-2014, 02:42 PM

Selhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
SC. Get a bowler like oddjob in Goldfinger.
Have you got an orange sash that I can borrow?

Old 14-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
I have worn/do wear in no particular order,

Bowler
Flat cap
Baseball cap
Beret (WW2)
Beret (modern from cadets)
Trilby
Brodie helmet MkII
Stahlhelm 35/40/42
Conical helmet with noseguard (anglo saxon)
Pork pie
SSh-40 Soviet helmet
Confederate kepi
Confederate slouch

There are more, just cannot remember. Am considering another trilby, with appropriate 40's cut suit.

Quote:
He isnt top class mate

Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 14-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
I did once surprise a girlfriend by wearing little more than a leather flying helmet.
Old 14-01-2014, 03:03 PM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycol View Post
I always look a tw@t
Never mind mate. We still tolerate you.

I may substitute my Pulis for a flat cap this Saturday.
Old 14-01-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
I did once surprise a girlfriend by wearing little more than a leather flying helmet.
Mik, did she show you her cockpit?

Last edited by Selhurst Celtic; 14-01-2014 at 03:27 PM.
Old 14-01-2014, 03:06 PM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
Quote:
No offence Mik, love you very much and all that but I got flashabcks to the Eastenders episode with Frank Butcher on Pats doorstep in nothing but a dickie bow! Please keep your helmet stories to yourself dear!
Old 14-01-2014, 03:07 PM

Hmmm, might be purchasing a dark grey Homburg for when I wear a suit. Which isn't often. Cheers for the heads up, Mik.

Last edited by Selhurst Celtic; 14-01-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Old 14-01-2014, 03:29 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post

No, but I suspect a few on here have.
Old 14-01-2014, 03:33 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:

No, but I suspect a few on here have.

Bowler hat is the thing to be seen in in Bolivia.

Check google images:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bowler.jpg (10.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 14-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Quote:
Hmmm, might be purchasing a dark grey Homburg for when I wear a suit. Which isn't often. Cheers for the heads up, Mik.
Going for the Michael Corleone look?

Quote:
He isnt top class mate

Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 14-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Mik, did she show you her cockpit?
The woman in question would wet herself laughing at that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radders View Post
No offence Mik, love you very much and all that but I got flashabcks to the Eastenders episode with Frank Butcher on Pats doorstep in nothing but a dickie bow! Please keep your helmet stories to yourself dear!
Agreed, although I'd like to think that a) I am miles more attractice than Frank and b) I could attract a better class of lady than Pat Butcher.

Anyhoo, what date do we set for the Mass Flat Cap Parade? I'd prefer a game when the weather is milder as my extremities suffer from poor circulation. (Sorry, Radders, I lied.)
Old 14-01-2014, 04:00 PM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Flat caps are a bit millwall.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 14-01-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
Going for the Michael Corleone look?
Hmmm, I see what you mean. Darker grey if possible. With the hat band the same colour. Lock & Co have one, but it's too rich for me at £255.
Old 14-01-2014, 04:03 PM
bit scummish really

Quote:
Agreed, although I'd like to think that a) I am miles more attractice than Frank and b) I could attract a better class of lady than Pat Butcher.

Anyhoo, what date do we set for the Mass Flat Cap Parade? I'd prefer a game when the weather is milder as my extremities suffer from poor circulation. (Sorry, Radders, I lied.)

So is it a mass parade of JUST flat caps then?? Errr, yes, warm weather please.