Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-11-2017, 06:31 PM

griggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfgriggs knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelf
Following advice from the BBS many moons back I use Vidahost for both my domain registrations and hosting and then Wordpress.

Have had many sites on there platforms ver the last six years or so. Any issues have been resolved very quickly.

Built one site on Squarespace as I had a client who didn’t care about the cost and wanted his website up and running the same day. Whilst it was a piece of piss to build and looked nice, had very little control over it and there was no way I could practice the dark arts of SEO so the site barely ranked on Google.
Old 13-11-2017, 06:57 PM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
+1 for Wix. I build websites and apps and whenever a friend comes my way wanting a cheap site, I direct them to Wix - for someone with no programming skills, the value of being able to change something quickly without being beholden to a third party easily outweighs almost all other considerations.
Old 13-11-2017, 07:16 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
i do like your occasional posts.
I’m not surprised, they really are rather good. If I posted as often as the last man standing amongst the trolls, the lilly livered ones who want to be offended on behalf of others who they believe should be offended but arent, the racists and the nut jobs, I guess the quality might suffer.

But I don’t, packed lunch boy, do i?
Old 13-11-2017, 07:17 PM

Jonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If it is for business pay a professional to design it. Self-designed sites are obvious.
Old 13-11-2017, 07:19 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
The latter, plus a bit of:

Pretty much.
Old 13-11-2017, 07:30 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
Blatant abuse of Mod powers - you know full well that advertising is not permitted on the BBS.
Meh.

Looks a bit poky to me anyway.
Old 13-11-2017, 07:33 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 13-11-2017, 08:28 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
Blatant abuse of Mod powers - you know full well that advertising is not permitted on the BBS.
(a) I don't have any powers - mod ones or super.
(b) I think I already had permission to promote the Villa some time ago.
(c) There was going to be a third point, but I can't remember what it was.
(d) Oh, yes. I was illustrating what sort of website you can build in a couple of hours. it's not brilliant, but it does its job.
(e) That's it.
Old 13-11-2017, 08:35 PM
Dis-Member

(f)ucking hell James, too many points.
Old 13-11-2017, 11:18 PM

Hal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHal Low : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Godaddy - useless. Although if you want a website with just your name and address it might be OK
Old 13-11-2017, 11:23 PM

Soarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSoarin' Eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Working in the domain industry I can tell you that godaddy are a useless bunch of muppets.
Old 14-11-2017, 02:39 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
(f)ucking hell James, too many points.
More abuse of (ex)mod powers.
Old 14-11-2017, 05:41 AM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
I always suspected James of being behind Man bet x.

Crystal Palace 2017/18: The Inconceivables
Old 14-11-2017, 06:46 AM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
I always suspected James of being behind Man bet x.
I suspect James’ personal site gets more traffic.
Old 14-11-2017, 11:54 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
I’m not surprised, they really are rather good. If I posted as often as the last man standing amongst the trolls, the lilly livered ones who want to be offended on behalf of others who they believe should be offended but arent, the racists and the nut jobs, I guess the quality might suffer.

But I don’t, packed lunch boy, do i?
Is this another occasional post, or does this class as an occasional quote and therefore can be counted different?
Old 14-11-2017, 02:01 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Thanks everyone, very helpful!

Out of interest, why are GoDaddy so bad?
Old 14-11-2017, 06:28 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Thanks everyone, very helpful!

Out of interest, why are GoDaddy so bad?
Someone has to pay for the advertising. I have never used them to be fair though.
Old 15-11-2017, 11:41 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by griggs View Post
Built one site on Squarespace as I had a client who didn’t care about the cost and wanted his website up and running the same day. Whilst it was a piece of piss to build and looked nice, had very little control over it and there was no way I could practice the dark arts of SEO so the site barely ranked on Google.
A guy I used to work with who I talk to very occasionally, put his site on Squarespace and it looks fantastic. Short term, SEO probably isn't a big deal but long term...

Can you change who hosts your site? And if so, is it easy to do so?
Old 16-11-2017, 07:24 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by griggs View Post
Following advice from the BBS many moons back I use Vidahost for both my domain registrations and hosting and then Wordpress.

Have had many sites on there platforms ver the last six years or so. Any issues have been resolved very quickly.

Any tips on the subject for a You Tuber trying to get more views?

I make children's education videos, channel has had over a million views now, but notice when I put in keywords into google search engine like 'Months of the year song', I'm not ranked anywhere near the top.
Old 16-11-2017, 07:31 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Any tips on the subject for a You Tuber trying to get more views?

I make children's education videos, channel has had over a million views now, but notice when I put in keywords into google search engine like 'Months of the year song', I'm not ranked anywhere near the top.
Isn't about paying to get near the top ?