Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 22-09-2018, 05:29 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
That’s very sad news. The fun and comedy in their songs I think made some not take them too seriously but their songwriting and musicianship was top notch. A cracking little band. Loved so many of their songs.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 22-09-2018, 05:44 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Gutted, another part of my childhood gone. Ain't no pleasing you is up there with the best.
Old 22-09-2018, 06:14 PM

cappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not really my cup of tea, but good musicians and apparently popular at punk gigs.
Old 22-09-2018, 06:20 PM

mrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrs eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It is our family tradition to watch Chas and Dave's xmas special every Christmas Day afternoon. Channel 5 show it every year,and never get tired of rewatching it.

It is a sad day today, RIP Chas.
Old 22-09-2018, 06:42 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foetus eagle View Post
Playing bass with Albert Lee. RIP.

That is quality.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 22-09-2018, 07:51 PM

OLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sad day, a really underrated musician. Some of the lyrics and refrains are really clever. Ain’t no pleasing you stands on its own as a great song.
Old 22-09-2018, 07:57 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Rip great memory's see c & d live a few times
Old 22-09-2018, 08:22 PM
I am a BAD MAN

RazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is hereRazorsEdge Sam the man is here
RIP Chas
Old 22-09-2018, 09:45 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
RIP Chas
Old 23-09-2018, 01:21 AM
Perchance to sleep

Hibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is hereHibernator Sam the man is here
Good old Knees up duo. Saw them a couple of times at festivals. RIP Chas. Their poetic license was second to none.. i.e.

Well, I been workin' hard to reach me targate,

To earn a few bob to take me through the Stargate...

Sheer genius
Old 23-09-2018, 07:24 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibernator View Post
Good old Knees up duo. Saw them a couple of times at festivals. RIP Chas. Their poetic license was second to none.. i.e.

Well, I been workin' hard to reach me targate,

To earn a few bob to take me through the Stargate...

Sheer genius

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 23-09-2018, 09:46 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
It's sad news, but not unexpected - they were on the last series of Jools Holland and Chas looked very ill.

This is one of my favourites, sung by Dave but some great 'piana' by Chas. It's a great idea for a song, too - a good example of their clever wordplay.

Old 23-09-2018, 11:00 AM

LuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Chas and Dave music gave me some really happy times at parties and left me with wonderful memories of those days. A real down to earth guy who never fogot his roots, but also had a good innings so probably had a smile on his face when he went.

R.I.P Chas Hodges
Old 23-09-2018, 11:14 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Damn, certainly a good bloke. RIP Chas
Old 24-09-2018, 06:01 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I saw them once at White Hart Lane - they did a short 20-30 minute set on the pitch prior to a game against Palace, must have been very early 90s. As it happens I specifically remember having a migraine before that game - had tunnel vision / the lot, and a super-loud helping of Chas & Dave did not help.

I also have a vague (non-migraine-affected) recollection that they did something similar at Selhurst once, but I may be mis-remembering that.
Old 24-09-2018, 06:12 AM

V.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineV.Meldrew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
[QUOTE=JJ;14437238]I saw them once at White Hart Lane - they did a short 20-30 minute set on the pitch prior to a game against Palace, must have been very early 90s. As it happens I specifically remember having a migraine before that game - had tunnel vision / the lot, and a super-loud helping of Chas & Dave did not help.

I also have a vague (non-migraine-affected) recollection that they did something similar at Selhurst once, but I may be mis-remembering that.[/QUOTE]

They did, it was during the Venables/Goldberg era but cant remember the game as I got there late.

Anyway, RIP Chas.
Old 24-09-2018, 06:32 AM
Registered Useless

charltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
[QUOTE=V.Meldrew;14437240]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I saw them once at White Hart Lane - they did a short 20-30 minute set on the pitch prior to a game against Palace, must have been very early 90s. As it happens I specifically remember having a migraine before that game - had tunnel vision / the lot, and a super-loud helping of Chas & Dave did not help.

I also have a vague (non-migraine-affected) recollection that they did something similar at Selhurst once, but I may be mis-remembering that.[/QUOTE]

They did, it was during the Venables/Goldberg era but cant remember the game as I got there late.

Anyway, RIP Chas.
Oxford United?

Also saw they at the Great British Beer Festival a few years back.
Old 24-09-2018, 07:40 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I also have a vague (non-migraine-affected) recollection that they did something similar at Selhurst once, but I may be mis-remembering that.
Aha - I had forgotten, I also saw them supporting Quo at their (somewhat mis-named) "End of the Road" concert at Selhurst Park in 1984. That was when I first realise they were a lot more than just a comedy music act.

("Unlike Quo" - just before anyone else writes it ...)
Old 24-09-2018, 07:49 AM

Polak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolak came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Saw them opening the day for Led Zeppelin at Knebworth which was bizarre. RIP
Old 25-09-2018, 10:41 AM

Olympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I bloody loved Chas n Dave - saw them many, many times - great exponents of London & music hall songs as well as being very clever lyricists. Massively underrated as musicians, due to a few 'novelty' songs, which really pisses me off - as does the BBC getting Mickey Hazard on to try & sum up his musical career.