Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-10-2016, 10:27 AM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Would be interesting to know the views on the 48.1% who voted to remain too. Do they all agree with the current arrangements around free movement and free trade. I wonder how many only voted to remain reluctantly because they were worried about their jobs or nervous of change?
Yourself included NKE? Many remoaners not agree with single market or want FOM, bit of a stupid post from maz.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 02-10-2016, 10:28 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
The PM's idea of a "great repeal bill" needs more clarity on legal and constitutional issues. Some EU law is simply directly applicable without implementing legislation and some is actually given operational force by judges because England has a common law system, so I'm unsure how one single Parliamentary act covers all that. May focused on workers' rights which is welcome but we need to hear more about how other key areas will be covered, such as rules regulating the City. Then there is the question of the process for the review of which rules will be kept, and domesticated, and which not, and who decides. Will there be sufficient Parliamentary scrutiny by our elected representatives?
Old 02-10-2016, 10:35 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
The PM's idea of a "great repeal bill" needs more clarity on legal and constitutional issues. Some EU law is simply directly applicable without implementing legislation and some is actually given operational force by judges because England has a common law system, so I'm unsure how one single Parliamentary act covers all that. May focused on workers' rights which is welcome but we need to hear more about how other key areas will be covered, such as rules regulating the City. Then there is the question of the process for the review of which rules will be kept, and domesticated, and which not, and who decides. Will there be sufficient Parliamentary scrutiny by our elected representatives?
it's certainly weird. It cannot see how it would work unless it doesn't take effect until we actually leave.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:36 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
Yourself included NKE? Many remoaners not agree with single market or want FOM, bit of a stupid post from maz.
I took a long time to make my mind up but once I did I came down a firm 60-40 in favour of remain. I dislike being told what to do by Brussels and I'm not keen on committee management where you end up compromising to get agreement from 27 other countries. I feel we are missing out on the wide world and I am nervous about the idea of giving free movement to countries in Europe whilst our relatives from the Commonwealth don't have that right. However, we are where we are. A short term economic shock will hurt us at the wrong moment. Falling interest rates are costing people their defined benefit schemes and increasing trade barriers with our neighbours is the wrong way to go. Lower growth will cost jobs and mean tax rises somewhere. I'd prefer free movement but for the government to make it work by taxing the City and expensive homes to build more for our young people. We also need to give priority for vocational training for our young people and force employers to recruit and train the young. If the last point upsets the EU so be it.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:01 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
it's certainly weird. It cannot see how it would work unless it doesn't take effect until we actually leave.
I've also just remembered that some EU matters will be covered by devolved powers so Westminster doesn't have the right to decide on those.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:22 AM
Banned by Moderators

Transfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Yes some indeed. Those that have a dislike of foreigners.

It is the case by the way, as will be revealed with a "hard" Brexit, whenever that happens.

To suggest that a basic dislike of foreigners is behind it is really just an attempt to avoid the real issues.
Outside of the overcrowding argument, it is more a question of being fearful of the impact of foreign cultures and other issues associated with immigrants, on the country.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:58 AM
Banned by Moderators

willcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
I've also just remembered that some EU matters will be covered by devolved powers so Westminster doesn't have the right to decide on those.
Oh well, we have all the time in the world to iron out the creases. By 2019 we should be freed from the EU, and that is what matters most.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:23 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Most people who voted leave did so because they intrinsically think, white and British is better than anything else. Lets not pretend that's not the case. Believing your country is the best and people who were born in your country are the best, is racism.

I'm not delegitimising anyone's right to vote brexit or calling for a second ref, just saying at least acknowledge your bias.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:32 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
Most people who voted leave did so because they intrinsically think, white and British is better than anything else. Lets not pretend that's not the case. Believing your country is the best and people who were born in your country are the best, is racism.

Amen to that although it is being English that is better than anything else, not British.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:39 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

I'm not delegitimising anyone's right to vote brexit or calling for a second ref, just saying at least acknowledge your bias.
So you are saying that most people who voted to leave were racist? I think most voted to leave because at its simplest they felt they were paying for something and didn't see the benefits. Yes there would have been some racists.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:48 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
lol You are quite mad.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 02-10-2016, 12:49 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
So you are saying that most people who voted to leave were racist? I think most voted to leave because at its simplest they felt they were paying for something and didn't see the benefits. Yes there would have been some racists.
There was a poll today somewhere that said 4/10 would rather have closed borders than access to the single market or any eu trade. Whilst that's not most or the majority, it's clearly a massive motivating factor.

I'm not placing moral judgement on people for holding a racist pov, i'm just saying there should be an open acknowledgement that citizenship and the idea of nation is a construct of historical tropes rather than anything deeply held. It's an idea. National identity, sovereignty, all of these things are utterly meaningless in the abstract sense, but having an 'othered' group to blame structural societal problems on rather than actually acknowledging there needs to be hard choices made by the government economically.

I'm not talking about aggressive active racism, i'm talking about passive bias.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:51 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
There was a poll today somewhere that said 4/10 would rather have closed borders than access to the single market or any eu trade. Whilst that's not most or the majority, it's clearly a massive motivating factor.

I'm not placing moral judgement on people for holding a racist pov, i'm just saying there should be an open acknowledgement that citizenship and the idea of nation is a construct of historical tropes rather than anything deeply held. It's an idea. National identity, sovereignty, all of these things are utterly meaningless in the abstract sense, but having an 'othered' group to blame structural societal problems on rather than actually acknowledging there needs to be hard choices made by the government economically.

I love you.

xxxx
Old 02-10-2016, 12:54 PM

The left blame the rich, the right blame the migrants, somehow the far left and the far right both blame those who are jewish rather than acknowledge that structually things are going wrong.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
To suggest that a basic dislike of foreigners is behind it is really just an attempt to avoid the real issues.
Outside of the overcrowding argument, it is more a question of being fearful of the impact of foreign cultures and other issues associated with immigrants, on the country.
Which is a racist pov
Old 02-10-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:

Supporting reduced immigration is not necessarily racist. By the way, do you agree with the principle of open migration from EU countries and not from the Commonwealth? Or do you think there should be equality there.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:02 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
If the benefits had been spelt out then they might have realised we were better in than out. I think the major concern for both sides was the level of immigration. That doesn't make everyone racist.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 02-10-2016, 01:05 PM
jft39

west country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Do you know what these words mean?
Old 02-10-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Supporting reduced immigration is not necessarily racist. By the way, do you agree with the principle of open migration from EU countries and not from the Commonwealth? Or do you think there should be equality there.
I don't think it is racist to discuss immigration necesarilly, just that a lot of the arguments made against immigration are racist. I dont realy believe in the commonwealth as an entity, its very existence is problematic, given its deeply tied nature to colonialism.

If Eu and commonwealth migration is regulated in the same way, why shouldnt there be parity?
Old 02-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Banned by Moderators

Transfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTransfer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Which is a racist pov
I could engage in a philosophical and factual debate as to the invalidity of that statement but I suspect I would be wasting my time.