Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 03-10-2016, 07:01 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Article 50 [not just another Brexit thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I wonder what people see in Theresa May and her career to make them think she can manage this delicate operation while carrying her MPs, voters and business sponsors along with her. Baffles me.

Yes, we've managed to put ourselves in a massively complex situation managed by a massively incompetent government. Impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 03-10-2016, 07:10 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
Indeed. May's ministerial performance was dreadful, somehow resulting in promotion to PM. If only we had a credible opposition.
Wait for it......wait for it!
Old 03-10-2016, 07:51 AM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
It is laughable. Giving the right wingers the power to mess with all of the safeguards put in place by the EU to protect the very people who voted Brexit. While May and her cronies retain control we will see an ever widening gap between rich and poor. For all of its faults the EU provides a pragmatic counterbalance to political extremes.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:12 AM

Goat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket View Post
It is laughable. Giving the right wingers the power to mess with all of the safeguards put in place by the EU to protect the very people who voted Brexit. While May and her cronies retain control we will see an ever widening gap between rich and poor. For all of its faults the EU provides a pragmatic counterbalance to political extremes.
Are you talking in regard to safeguards put in place by the ECHR, or by the EU?
Old 03-10-2016, 08:14 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
The Eu I would think.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 03-10-2016, 08:21 AM

Goat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
The Eu I would think.
I'm only after clarification given it's the ECHR that deals with all the human rights stuff as opposed to the EU, dear Matthew.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:39 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
I think it is less now about EU regulatory safeguards and more about how we uphold our national system of representative democracy. If May restricts Parliamentary debate now on issues under A50 and then goes on to set it up for future Ministers to decide under their own power what legislation is repealed or replaced, and how, particularly if secondary legislation is predominantly used to speed the process up, then we have effectively ignored swathes of our Bill of Rights with its supplementary Constitutional conventions. That takes up back hundreds of years.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:00 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket View Post
Indeed. This was one of the main reasons I voted remain.

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 03-10-2016, 09:02 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Weed View Post
I'm only after clarification given it's the ECHR that deals with all the human rights stuff as opposed to the EU
I think most folks know that.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 03-10-2016, 12:20 PM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
Eu of course. Laws and directives concerning workers rights and protections. Anyone thinking that may is on the side of the common man is sadly mistaken. We will be governed by the ruling elite without any checks and balances. The tories have mist definitely taken back control
Old 03-10-2016, 12:21 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by willcpfc View Post
Hmmmm. Everyone has been clamouring for a bit of clarity from the Government.

They have now been very clear about the direction of travel. I don't see any problem at all.
so do you think it makes ones negtioating position stronger or wealer to reveal the date and basicly reveal the kind of deal you are hoping to get. Let me answer it for you its an elementary level mistake.

SaulAlinsky
Old 03-10-2016, 12:23 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
so do you think it makes ones negtioating position stronger or wealer to reveal the date and basicly reveal the kind of deal you are hoping to get. Let me answer it for you its an elementary level mistake.
It seems that the potential manner and consequences of any departure is of zero consequence compared to the simple action of leaving as quickly as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 03-10-2016, 12:39 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Analysis here of Parliament v Executive in decision making on Article 50 and beyond, including on the "great repeal act"

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 03-10-2016, 12:44 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
My dad thinks that May is incompetent and not up to the job and the Deutsche Bank position is not as bad as it looks (unless US interest rates go up).
Old 03-10-2016, 01:01 PM

Loafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i would rather have all laws, rules and whatever decided by an elected UK Government than the EU
Old 03-10-2016, 01:09 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafster View Post
i would rather have all laws, rules and whatever decided by an elected UK Government than the EU
Well tough luck, then.

If we want to trade with the EU after Brexit our products will have to meet their laws, rules and regulations.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 03-10-2016, 01:10 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
As long as changes are debated in Parliament and not decided behind closed doors.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 03-10-2016, 01:37 PM
Wagon Painter

Quote:
While in the EU, it's even better than that: Parliament agrees on all legislation, whether agreed at EU level or not. And it has prior approval of all decisions made by Government at EU level. May promised her conference she would exclude Parliament. That may mean only May and the Ministers she appoints decide, under executive power, and you will not have elected May or her Minister unless you live in their constituency. Nor may you have given her a mandate as the referendum was after the Election. If she decides to lay secondary legislation then it will be drafted by civil servants and passed by loyal MPs with little scrutiny.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:25 PM
A source of real news

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
Analysis here of Parliament v Executive in decision making on Article 50 and beyond, including on the "great repeal act"

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Remainers winding themselves up by making more and more outlandish claims.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:26 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Remainers winding themselves up by making more and more outlandish claims.
And which bit exactly do you disagree with?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ