Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 04-11-2016, 02:56 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Who's that?
Principle Ed Rooney. An angry ginger man.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:04 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC View Post
If the result of June 23rd is not honoured, then yes. Very much.
THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE (which most of the population didn't actually vote for)
Old 04-11-2016, 03:07 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
Absolutely. And also died that so when an issue is put to the British people, as it was on June 23rd, then it needs to be honoured.
No, they died fighting aggressive nationalism. Not for non-advisory referendums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 04-11-2016, 03:10 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacea View Post
Throw it down to the vote in Parliament, say you either accept it or you don't. If you don't we call a general election for the mandate from the people (Also get's rid of the Tory pledge to remain in the single market).
Sorry, but what are you achieving? A general election won't make it any less imperative that the Article 50 submission goes before Parliament for scrutiny, no matter what the outcome of said election.

You seem to want to bypass the parliamentary sovereignty that I thought was one of the fundamental drivers of the leave vote.
Some brexiters clearly only want to honour the idea of parliamentary sovereignty when it doesn't throw up any inconvenient constitutional realities.

I have no idea how May can be confident that the ruling will be overturned in the Supreme Court. It wouldn't make any legal or constitutional sense.
You could almost be forgiven for thinking that no-one in power has really thought this brexit business through in any detail.

As for Cameron, he should be hung from his bollocks with razor wire. What a stupid c*nt.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:10 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Need to get this up in front of Parliament now as soon as possible. Might actually even backfire on the Remain side because they will be exposed for what they really are i.e people who wish to dismiss the victory on June 23rd.

And let the Lords block it. It will be the last thing they ever get to block. About time we got rid of it. And I am sure all of you soc.libs would agree with me.
I am all in favour of an unelected 2nd chamber, but one that is made up mainly by lot and partly by qualification.

Ie 100 lay people selected randomly 50 appointed from professional bodies who serve a fixed 6 year term (6 months induction 6 months handover)
Old 04-11-2016, 03:11 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
I am all in favour of an unelected 2nd chamber, but one that is made up mainly by lot and partly by qualification.

Ie 100 lay people selected randomly 50 appointed from professional bodies who serve a fixed 6 year term (6 months induction 6 months handover)
Great idea. I've always felt public service should be something you are called up to do due to your expertise and experience. It should also be a limited fixed term.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:13 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
No, they died fighting aggressive nationalism. Not for non-advisory referendums.

They died so that a vote meant something. This referendum was only ever framed in terms of being non-advisory after the event and after your side had got spanked.

Nobody even insinutated that the result would be ignored or put to one side. For once, politicians seemed more than straightforward on that point.

Failure to have that result honoured means that we no longer live in a democratic nation. It was a vote that actually meant something. A vote that truly counted with each one cast having the same amount of influence over the outcome. No rotton boroughs, no safe seats, no obvious politically tribal loyalties. Just a simple question, with two simple options.

An exercise in democracy at its finest.

And you want it ignored. Shame on you. And any and everybody else who thinks like you.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:16 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:

100 lay people selected randomly?
Jesus wept, that'll be a shitfest. The nature of the business of a scrutinising and amending chamber is often extremely complex.
It will like watching a live version of 'Idiocracy'.
I've served on juries twice, so I should know.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:18 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

It would be nice to have a few non top professionals too. A single mum on the St Paul's Cray estate who manages to bring her kids up well on a tight budget is performing a level of financial management that would put many people to shame. In fact she's an expert in making ends meet.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:19 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

Quote:
They died so that a vote meant something. This referendum was only ever framed in terms of being non-advisory after the event and after your side had got spanked.

Nobody even insinutated that the result would be ignored or put to one side.
It was advisory by law, due to To view the link you have to Register or Login. This, of course, happened prior to the vote.

Nobody is trying to ignore or put aside the result.

Silly.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:20 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
100 lay people selected randomly?
Jesus wept, that'll be a shitfest. The nature of the business of a scrutinising and amending chamber is often extremely complex.
It will like watching a live version of 'Idiocracy'.
I've served on juries twice, so I should know.
Agree with that.

I've often wondered if it should be anchored on to peerage that is awarded by government (i.e. if you accept the title of 'Sir' or 'Dame' etc) that it should be on the condition that you will have to serve a fixed term in the scrutinizing chamber, and thus entice people who've provided great service or achievement to specific areas of society.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:22 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
This referendum was only ever framed in terms of being non-advisory after the event.
Agreed. Brexiters didn't start claiming it was non-advisory until after the event. Before then they assumed and didn't read the small print.

But then the only way you can get a brexiters to read anything is by putting it in big letters on the side of a bus and it wasn't that a short act and there probably weren't enough buses.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:27 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Agreed. Brexiters didn't start claiming it was non-advisory until after the event. Before then they assumed and didn't read the small print.

Come off it. When you went along and ticked the box for us to Remain, did you honestly believe that you were only expressing a preference and that Government would not be expected to honour that but take it into account? So that in effect, the entire process was no more than a glorified opinion poll?
Old 04-11-2016, 03:28 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:

Nobody even insinutated that the result would be ignored or put to one side. For once, politicians seemed more than straightforward on that point.

Failure to have that result honoured means that we no longer live in a democratic nation. It was a vote that actually meant something. A vote that truly counted with each one cast having the same amount of influence over the outcome. No rotton boroughs, no safe seats, no obvious politically tribal loyalties. Just a simple question, with two simple options.

An exercise in democracy at its finest.

And you want it ignored. Shame on you. And any and everybody else who thinks like you.

Old 04-11-2016, 03:28 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
But then the only way you can get a brexiters to read anything is by putting it in big letters on the side of a bus and it wasn't that a short act and there probably weren't enough buses.
I understand that it is now a Constitutional requirement that no legislation has any statutory effect unless it is written on the side of a big red bus but specifically the Number 9.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:29 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
So that in effect, the entire process was no more than a glorified opinion poll?
Constitutionally, yes.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:30 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
They died so that a vote meant something.
Mat stop with this bollocks. We remember the soldiers that died for their valor and honour. The soldiers that died in Iraq did not die for the vote. The soldiers in Afghanistan did not die for the vote. The soldiers in the first world war did not die for the vote. For heavens sake women only got the right to vote in 1928.

Please stop mixing remembering our fallen with modern EU UK politics. There is simply no bloody connection. Worse still it dishonours the memory of brave proud men that died because they were ordered to walk into machine gun fire to protect their country from being militarily invaded.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:30 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
I understand that it is now a Constitutional requirement that no legislation has any statutory effect unless it is written on the side of a big red bus but specifically the Number 9.
That's no good. I don't live near that route.
How the f*ck will I find out?
Old 04-11-2016, 03:32 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:

Bollocks.

&

Bollocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 04-11-2016, 03:32 PM
Wagon Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
That's no good. I don't live near that route.
How the f*ck will I find out?
Every democratic system has its flaws.