Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 01-09-2016, 08:42 PM
Banned by Moderators

willcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
Presumably Maz was heading for the doubtful pile until the momentous "I declare for Remainiac" that shocked absolutely nobody.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:44 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
QED again.

(You may want to explain to your chum what that means)

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 01-09-2016, 08:46 PM
Banned by Moderators

willcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
QED again.

(You may want to explain to your chum what that means)
QED means in this case....well considering its your calling card, as nobody else uses it....it could mean anything. You should just put "bollox" or something.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:59 PM
Semper Idem

OK

It means "as has just been shown".

In this s case what was being shown is that you can only talk about the referendum, not the consequences of the referendum.

I hope that helps.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 01-09-2016, 09:06 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Erm, chaps: this is about Article 50. Whether you were Remain or Leave, this is serious stuff that you need to engage with. It's no longer about the Referendum. It is about disentangling the legal and financial ties, and if you care about any number of small businesses, in any number of sectors, then you should care about this. And treat it seriously.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:18 AM

pfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why can't we just cancel our membership to the EU and still have the same rules/laws as we already have. Then set up trade deals that suits all parties. Yes trade deals take time to negotiate but whilst they are being negotiated does it mean they cannot trade? I've never seen any benefits from being a member.

To me it seems we pay x amount membership, get part of membership money back but get told how to spend it by Brussels. To me we should be able to spend it on what the UK need whether it on housing, infrastructure or whatever.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:59 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfc View Post
Why can't we just cancel our membership to the EU and still have the same rules/laws as we already have. Then set up trade deals that suits all parties. Yes trade deals take time to negotiate but whilst they are being negotiated does it mean they cannot trade? I've never seen any benefits from being a member.

To me it seems we pay x amount membership, get part of membership money back but get told how to spend it by Brussels. To me we should be able to spend it on what the UK need whether it on housing, infrastructure or whatever.
And the NHS, and don't forget our farmers and science research.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:02 AM
Semper Idem

And Wales.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-09-2016, 07:55 AM

pfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
And the NHS, and don't forget our farmers and science research.
The government has already stated that funding for these will still happen
Old 02-09-2016, 07:58 AM
Semper Idem

Have they found some magic beans? Or who do you think will be paying for that?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 02-09-2016, 08:00 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes, which is precisely my point, and was the same point that was repeatedly made in the run up to the vote, and dismissed by Brexiters.

For clarity, the point was about the 350 million a week that the leave campaign said was going to be spent on the NHS, when they knew that would be money that was going to have to be spent on the existing EU funding beneficiaries like farming and scientific research.

You can only spend it once.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:12 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Why can't we just cancel our membership to the EU
That would be illegal under international law though whether we would actually be prosecuted for it is open to question. But more than that, many of the regulations etc need an authority to oversee them and if we suddenly left the EU without setting up a supervisory structure then those regulations would be meaningless. The UK Courts could not enforce the relevant statute either since they depend on underpinning EU regulation so effectively the areas they cover would be lawless.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:15 AM
Wagon Painter

Quote:
Up to 2020 and only for projects approved by this Autumn statement. So while this does neatly deal with one big issue under Article 50 - the transition out of EU funding (so we could concede to a full stop if needed) - it is not future proofed.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
Up to 2020 and only for projects approved by this Autumn statement. So while this does neatly deal with one big issue under Article 50 - the transition out of EU funding (so we could concede to a full stop if needed) - it is not future proofed.
And so the funding should stop, why take on meaningless funding of projects that the EU decides? We should be able to decide what's best for the UK and not be dictated by the EU.

350 million to be spent on UK projects that benefit the UK! For me its a win win. Either way you look at it we would be saving the UK more than we get back from the EU.

Mind you how the government spend it maybe an issue. I'm just glad we have the Tories in at present and not labour as they couldn't even organise a piss up in the brewery at present. Interesting times a head and one I personally think we will prosper in.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
And so the funding should stop, why take on meaningless funding of projects that the EU decides? We should be able to decide what's best for the UK and not be dictated by the EU.
Meaningless projects like our food production and scientific research you mean.

Quote:
Mind you how the government spend it maybe an issue. I'm just glad we have the Tories in at present and not labour as they couldn't even organise a piss up in the brewery at present. Interesting times a head and one I personally think we will prosper in.
Oh yes, with a Tory government there will certainly be prosperity for some, but it won't be for you or me, unless of course you are already well off.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:51 PM
Wagon Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by €pfc View Post
Again, these are international obligations: such things are beyond the EU & governed by global rules that have built up since the 19th century. Doing anything so drastic would harm all our post-EU international relations, including (indeed, especially) for trade. We would be a rogue nation.

But if you look again at my list at the start of this thread, you'll see that the funding issues are probably the least complex to resolve. We could agree a stop date to our contributions and to our receipts, and make that date before 2020, then simply cover the difference.

The rest is more complex.

EDIT: though, by the way, the EU does not decide on those projects. We do, then the Commission agrees to part-fund. Some areas are more complex than that. Northern Ireland is one. Another is farming. CAP is not just about subsidising big farmers. Many rural communities rely on hill farmers who cannot survive without EU subsidy because the practice is totally uneconomic.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:25 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBiggineagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
Again, these are international obligations: such things are beyond the EU & governed by global rules that have built up since the 19th century. Doing anything so drastic would harm all our post-EU international relations, including (indeed, especially) for trade. We would be a rogue nation.

But if you look again at my list at the start of this thread, you'll see that the funding issues are probably the least complex to resolve. We could agree a stop date to our contributions and to our receipts, and make that date before 2020, then simply cover the difference.

The rest is more complex.

EDIT: though, by the way, the EU does not decide on those projects. We do, then the Commission agrees to part-fund. Some areas are more complex than that. Northern Ireland is one. Another is farming. CAP is not just about subsidising big farmers. Many rural communities rely on hill farmers who cannot survive without EU subsidy because the practice is totally uneconomic.
mik you do realise that cs or ex cs are not held in high esteem anymore
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Biggineagle; 03-09-2016 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Meaningless projects like our food production and scientific research you mean..
Some are good I admit that. But some are rubbish to say the least

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Oh yes, with a Tory government there will certainly be prosperity for some, but it won't be for you or me, unless of course you are already well off.[/QUOTE]

Remind me what happened to the economy when labour ran the country

Old 04-09-2016, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by €pfc View Post
Some are good I admit that. But some are rubbish to say the least

Oh yes, with a Tory government there will certainly be prosperity for some, but it won't be for you or me, unless of course you are already well off.

Remind me what happened to the economy when labour ran the country

Yes your last link is entirely true and written by the man who led Labour, and who admired Thatcher so much, he didn't reverse her bank de-regulation policies. A huge mistake, but a Tory mistake continued nonetheless.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Yes your last link is entirely true and written by the man who led Labour, and who admired Thatcher so much, he didn't reverse her bank de-regulation policies. A huge mistake, but a Tory mistake continued nonetheless.
And the first link?