Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 10:31 AM

muswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
January is a very difficult window to do good business, although both Pulis and Allardyce did really well in it.

We need to ensure that we have enough to stay up this season and concentrate on squad building in the summer.

It seems to me that we will stay up if Wilf remains fit, so the key priority is to ensure that we have the players and a system in place to find a way to get some results if Wilf is injured again.

I would suggest this would need a more direct 442 style of play with someone to play alongside Benteke, a greater reliance on set pieces (goal scoring centre back) and a more commanding goalkeeper. So up to three players, in that order of priority as short term solutions to a problem we all hope does not occur.

I hope I am wrong, but don't blame me, I voted remain
Old 13-01-2018, 12:56 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Oh bum..... just read that Fiorentina are in for Cabaye but hesitating due to wages/age combo. May be rubbish but I have been expecting something like this to surface. Would explain the Babacar interest perhaps?
Old 13-01-2018, 06:48 AM

Palacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Oh bum..... just read that Fiorentina are in for Cabaye but hesitating due to wages/age combo. May be rubbish but I have been expecting something like this to surface. Would explain the Babacar interest perhaps?

I very much doubt we will sell cabaye in this window, but if Alcacer is a realistic target, then who knows.

I know cabaye will leave at some point soon, but he is going to be so difficult to replace, without spending huge on someone.
Old 13-01-2018, 07:21 AM
This is it

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If Cabaye can’t last 90 minutes anymore we should sell him now

Takes £100k pw off the wage bill and £5-£10m fee before he walks for nothing in 6 months

This is all provided we find a replacement Hodgson seems up to his ability
Old 13-01-2018, 07:04 PM
This is it

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anybody else feel that Riedewald starting today was assessing whether he’ll do as a temporary replacement for Cabaye until the summer?
Old 13-01-2018, 07:22 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch View Post
Anybody else feel that Riedewald starting today was assessing whether he’ll do as a temporary replacement for Cabaye until the summer?
I would doubt that we would sell him now and also i very much doubt he would sign a new contract unless it gave him reasonable security.

Expect that Cabaye will leave in the summer on a free and head back to France maybe Marseille.

In which case Riedewald would be a good replacement going forward but we would probably need to buy in another Midfielder for competition.

Jairo looked good today and against City but young players do suffer from inconsistency and he will need to build his experience gradually.
Old 13-01-2018, 07:42 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
I still think we have to remember how young Riedewald is. To put it in context he's just over a year younger than Kaikai. If he had come through our academy we would be raving about him. I think he is looking like an excellent signing - albeit in a different position from the one he seems to have been signed for.
Old 13-01-2018, 07:46 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
That’s a bit of a leap, given we had few other options to play midfield. I think Jairo played because he’s fit, he was next in the pecking order to play midfield and he’d played well there v City.

Hodgson said afterwards that they only knew yesterday that Cabaye’s scan showed muscle fatigue (and therefore thankfully not something more serious) and he agreed this morning to be on the bench. But it was pretty clear Hodgson was hoping he wouldn’t have to use him and to give him more rest.
Old 14-01-2018, 09:25 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I was shocked that Cabaye lasted the whole 90 at Brighton, in the pub we were screaming for Luka to come on for the last 10 minutes the other day
Old 14-01-2018, 09:44 AM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken View Post
I still think we have to remember how young Riedewald is. To put it in context he's just over a year younger than Kaikai. If he had come through our academy we would be raving about him. I think he is looking like an excellent signing - albeit in a different position from the one he seems to have been signed for.
Top post.

Personally I've been very impressed with him as well. Some very tidy if not standout performances.
Old 14-01-2018, 09:48 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Nope. We have lots of injuries. He is now in contention for a regular place on the bench and may well get a few starts that is all IMO
Old 14-01-2018, 10:05 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yeah when you put it like that...
Old 14-01-2018, 10:16 AM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm going to be a bit controversial and say that there is a large part of me that hopes we don't sign anyone this window, which I realise would be a risky strategy. The rationale is that there is no value in the January window, we have several players out of contract in June which gives us a real opportunity to allow Roy to revamp the whole squad and build the team he wants in the summer when we can assess the situation with TFM and RLC to identify whether those positions need filling. We have proved that this squad of players are good enough to pick up enough points and with RLC, Ward, Sakho and Townsend to return, hopefully by the Newcastle game, we should easily have enough to stay up. Spend all the money on quick fixes now and we will suffer in the summer transfer window when there is far more choice available.
Old 14-01-2018, 10:23 AM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles View Post
I'm going to be a bit controversial and say that there is a large part of me that hopes we don't sign anyone this window, which I realise would be a risky strategy. The rationale is that there is no value in the January window, we have several players out of contract in June which gives us a real opportunity to allow Roy to revamp the whole squad and build the team he wants in the summer when we can assess the situation with TFM and RLC to identify whether those positions need filling. We have proved that this squad of players are good enough to pick up enough points and with RLC, Ward, Sakho and Townsend to return, hopefully by the Newcastle game, we should easily have enough to stay up. Spend all the money on quick fixes now and we will suffer in the summer transfer window when there is far more choice available.
I think SP will agree with you but we need to keep Roy onside - he’s already mentioned the need for a keeper and striker so I expect a minimum of two signings
Old 14-01-2018, 10:40 AM

Jon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles View Post
To go the rest of the season with just Benteke would be ridiculous, he's below par form is down to knowing he's a guaranteed started every week, he needs competition. Also one injury to an injury prone Tomkins and we are facing the prospect of Delaney and Kelly with no back up. It'd be suicide if we don't face our problems.
Old 14-01-2018, 10:44 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Cabaye is a pansy. He is always thinking he's injured when he's not. (Hence it didn't surprise me that he reportedly had an MRI scan and nothing showed up.) He can't last 90 mins. And yet he is one of the most talented players ever to put on the red'n'blue. He's off. Either to Marseilles or to China/USA. And whilst I'd love a player of his talent in our side, he is getting older and I HATE his set-pieces.

So on balance he goes with my best wishes, but I'd rather we buy RLC and hope that we can work on his stamina.
Old 14-01-2018, 10:50 AM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 is just too good for youNeil 154 is just too good for youNeil 154 is just too good for youNeil 154 is just too good for youNeil 154 is just too good for youNeil 154 is just too good for youNeil 154 is just too good for youNeil 154 is just too good for youNeil 154 is just too good for youNeil 154 is just too good for youNeil 154 is just too good for you
It was good timing Josh Harris and David Blitzer were at the match yesterday. Must have caught the Palace bug.
Old 14-01-2018, 11:24 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Spot on. He's going to be a very good player for us.
Old 14-01-2018, 12:03 PM
Banned by Moderators

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Cabaye is a pansy. He is always thinking he's injured when he's not. (Hence it didn't surprise me that he reportedly had an MRI scan and nothing showed up.) He can't last 90 mins. And yet he is one of the most talented players ever to put on the red'n'blue. He's off. Either to Marseilles or to China/USA. And whilst I'd love a player of his talent in our side, he is getting older and I HATE his set-pieces.

So on balance he goes with my best wishes, but I'd rather we buy RLC and hope that we can work on his stamina.

Mental. After Wilf he’s been our best player this season.
Old 14-01-2018, 12:04 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes this
Closed Thread