Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:08 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerob
I was just catching up on news as I have been away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
You are a crass idiot.
Welcome back !

As I said on another thread "Christmas is over - resume normal hostilities"
Old 05-01-2013, 02:12 PM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling
We are still in the dark ages re homophobia and something needs to change where this is concerned. The fact that gay footballers do not feel comfortable to openly state they are proves the fact.
Honestly, I don't think an openly gay footballer would get much abuse. Most of the homophobic chanting at football games is pretty tame - the Brighton song is not exactly malicious, fairly childish but no more than that.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Cunning Linguist

Location: Casually Counting Copious Coconuts Calmly in the Cook Islands...
BringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringBackSasa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerob
I was just catching up on news as I have been away.
To the 70s?
Old 05-01-2013, 02:22 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosling
It would hit clubs in their pockets. Perhaps they would start to take it seriously then.

I have the same feeling about the attitude players have toward barracking the referees. Imagine if the FA said this to the refs: "Right, this week I want you to tell both teams before the game that the only player from either side who is to say a word to you is the captain. Anybody who dissents gets booked, and if they still can't keep their mouths shut they get sent off. If you get a crowd of people around you pushing and shoving send all the bastards off. Play the game three against three if it comes to it. A couple of weeks like that and they'll stop ******* with you". After a few teams have to play a game or two with four players sent off and getting stuffed 19-nil the culture will change rapidly as the clubs will force their players to stop acting the dickhead. I suggest similar draconian punishments for clubs which fail to put a stop to this kind of crap.
I'd love to see these points implemented.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:58 AM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john
I enjoy abusing opposition players, for being fat, ugly, bald, slow, tall ginger, even looking french, like a Nazi ... Is this wrong?
You enjoy abusing players for looking French, like a Nazi. Yes, I'm pretty sure that is wrong. Understandable, but in the current climate it's probably socially unacceptable sadly.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Banned by Moderators

ET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis
Who'd have thought it from a team with that name?
Do the New England Patriots have similar problems then?
Old 06-01-2013, 10:56 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis
You enjoy abusing players for looking French, like a Nazi. Yes, I'm pretty sure that is wrong. Understandable, but in the current climate it's probably socially unacceptable sadly.

It was the ref (against Blackpool?) he was all Parisian pointy fingers and Gallic shrugs and none of the players approached more than once - a clear indication of heavy garlic breath.

So yes, I guess I am racist.

On a more serious note I have always thought myself as racist, my one defense is, by and large, I dislike the English as much as any other nationality.

I also think almost everyone I know is racist and that only those who recognise that prejudice have any chance of weighing their bias in decisions they make. Additionally I have no qualms in disliking certain cultures or rather aspects of certain cultural mindsets. As a tiny example I find Israeli colonialism, Chinese environmental destruction, Saudi Wahabiism and American consumerism pretty off putting. (the latter making me a hypocrite having been both infected and a spreader of that particular mental disease)

So commonly held are those mindsets in those countries by opposing them you are effectively disliking a significant part of their culture - is this racism? particularly when something such as Wahabiism plays such a decisive role in a mentality?

Personally I hope we can move on one day from labeling behaviour to genuinely recognising and understanding our differences.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:19 PM

gingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
It was the ref (against Blackpool?) he was all Parisian pointy fingers and Gallic shrugs and none of the players approached more than once - a clear indication of heavy garlic breath.

On a more serious note I have always thought myself as racist, my one defense is, by and large, I dislike the English as much as any other nationality.

I also think almost everyone I know is racist and that only those who recognise that prejudice have any chance of weighing their bias in decisions they make. Additionally I have no qualms in disliking certain cultures or rather aspects of certain cultural mindsets. As a tiny example I find Israeli colonialism, Chinese environmental destruction, Saudi Wahabiism and American consumerism pretty off putting. (the latter making me a hypocrite having been both infected and a spreader of that particular mental disease)

So commonly held are those mindsets in those countries by opposing them you are effectively disliking a significant part of their culture - is this racism? particularly when something such as Wahabiism plays such a decisive role in a mentality?

Personally I hope we can move on one day from labeling behaviour to genuinely recognising and understanding our differences.
So am I right in thinking for example you dislike the Chinese because of environmental distruction but you wouldn't dislike someone you meet because they are Chinese? it's more the masses than individuals you dislike?
Old 06-01-2013, 03:01 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuddy
Yes there are restrictions on some games in Milan. AC & Napoli are rivals as a lot of people from Naples now work in Milan so to stop any sort of trouble you have to be a resident of Lombardy to get a ticket (luckily I have a season ticket)

It's the same if Milan play Genoa as years ago a genoa fan died during a riot between fans away from the ground.

I have been watching Milan for 5 seasons & have never witnessed any trouble it's boisterous but not violent which is how it should be.

The authorities are very severe on ticketing now if you are travelling from Britain & have a ticket for a Milan game you must take your passport to the game to prove you are the ticket holder or you won't get in
I went to Milan with Málaga in November. To buy a ticket from Spain I had to go to a designated travel agent with my passport, details were filled in on a computer then I had to return 2 weeks later to pick up the ticket if the authorities in Italy found no record of trouble. The ticket didn't have my name on it, just a bar code which contained my details and a tiny number which meant I could not give or sell the ticket to anyone else as we were told that we had to take our passports to the turnstile so that the ticket and documents matched. In the end the stewards and police didn't actually check but what a hassle. Things must be so far out of control in Italy.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 06-01-2013, 09:05 PM

spuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespuddy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky
I went to Milan with Málaga in November. To buy a ticket from Spain I had to go to a designated travel agent with my passport, details were filled in on a computer then I had to return 2 weeks later to pick up the ticket if the authorities in Italy found no record of trouble. The ticket didn't have my name on it, just a bar code which contained my details and a tiny number which meant I could not give or sell the ticket to anyone else as we were told that we had to take our passports to the turnstile so that the ticket and documents matched. In the end the stewards and police didn't actually check but what a hassle. Things must be so far out of control in Italy.

Since the league got shut down for a few weeks because of violence a few years ago they have become very strict so there is no doubt who is holding the designated ticket.

Fans of both Milan sides at this time decided to end all violence in & around the ground & the big games now have a fabulous atmosphere
'It's almost like this burden of not having come from behind to win a game is er weighing heavy on the minds of these Brighton players. They cannot find a response. Dikgacoi.....Zaha Oh yes Wilfried Zaha single handidly firing palace to wembley'
Old 07-01-2013, 06:00 AM

Halftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Bugblatter Beast weighing in I see, yes Sepp the correct answer would have been to do nothing and then put some money into the local officals pockets as "punishment".
Old 07-01-2013, 06:46 AM

CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON
Quote:

This is a good summary.

Sadly, these days, you say anything untoward to anyone, or about anyone, that you are automatically xenophobic or bigoted or ignorant or racist or a combination of some, or all of them, particularly on this website.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:48 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010ANDON
This is a good summary.

Sadly, these days, you say anything untoward to anyone, or about anyone, that you are automatically xenophobic or bigoted or ignorant or racist or a combination of some, or all of them, particularly on this website.
Quite a bigoted opinion of your fellow BBSers.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Palace Saved 1/6/10

Dan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDan A : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Surprised no one has mentioned this tweet yet... To view the link you have to Register or Login