Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:00 PM

gingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You are a moronic idiot.
I didn't say ignore it but the authorities and clubs should deal with it.
How about homophobic chanting or about nationalities? Should we stop play for them?

Last edited by gingerob; 04-01-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:03 PM

Eaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesfan1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When the ref sprinted towards Boateng before pointing to the tunnel was he sending Boateng off or abandonning the game? Just that it looked like what refs like to do when sending a player off (getting very excited at the opportunity to flash their red card) but I didn't see a red card (I know the game was abandonned but was that down to the ref's decision or the AC Milan players walking off?)

FFS MURRAY!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Neah Fruitcake!!!

The EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I wonder what the response would be like on here if Wolves had walked off on new years day because of the abuse Johnson was getting.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan1
When the ref sprinted towards Boateng before pointing to the tunnel was he sending Boateng off or abandonning the game? Just that it looked like what refs like to do when sending a player off (getting very excited at the opportunity to flash their red card) but I didn't see a red card (I know the game was abandonned but was that down to the ref's decision or the AC Milan players walking off?)
Since he threatened someone in the crowd by deliberately kicking the ball at them, would that be a red? Seems the ref made the right decision by not aggravating the situation by carding him

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!!
I wonder what the response would be like on here if Wolves had walked off on new years day because of the abuse Johnson was getting.
It wasn't a friendly so it's a bit different. Was Johnson getting abuse for race or religion etc? Getting abuse for being a dirty player wouldn't count!

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgins
It wasn't a friendly so it's a bit different. Was Johnson getting abuse for race or religion etc? Getting abuse for being a dirty player wouldn't count!
He got abuse because he was a ****
Old 04-01-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle
****ism?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Vermontster

Quote:
my point exactly

Old 04-01-2013, 08:58 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerob
You are a moronic idiot.
I didn't say ignore it but the authorities and clubs should deal with it.
How about homophobic chanting or about nationalities? Should we stop play for them?
but the authorities and clubs aren't dealing with it are they? the numerous recent cases show that the current methods aren't working. As for homphobic chating, absolutly players should do the same. the thankfully small and ever decreasing minority of morons that go football have to learn that paying x amount doesn't give them the right to say whatver they like.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:18 PM

gingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minegingerob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle
but the authorities and clubs aren't dealing with it are they? the numerous recent cases show that the current methods aren't working. As for homphobic chating, absolutly players should do the same. the thankfully small and ever decreasing minority of morons that go football have to learn that paying x amount doesn't give them the right to say whatver they like.
Exactly. The clubs should be doing more but also I think the fans should too. If you hear or see any offensive behavior you should not join in and report it. It can be done in secret via a text if you like. Before we start pointing at other nations and clubs we need to first get rid of it at Crystal Palace Football Club.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Step up and play

pork chop knows where the wild roses growpork chop knows where the wild roses growpork chop knows where the wild roses growpork chop knows where the wild roses growpork chop knows where the wild roses growpork chop knows where the wild roses growpork chop knows where the wild roses growpork chop knows where the wild roses growpork chop knows where the wild roses growpork chop knows where the wild roses growpork chop knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
My god you're a f*cking c*nt. Why don't you do the world a favour and drop dead? I assure you no one would miss you or mourn your passing -Arron 09-01-2013 05:47 PM
Old 04-01-2013, 09:28 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Gingerob does raise an interesting point though, I watched the clip and thought good for him, he´s right, he shouldn´t have to put up with that BS, but if it started to become an acceptable trend things could get very silly.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Honk

Gosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket
Gingerob does raise an interesting point though, I watched the clip and thought good for him, he´s right, he shouldn´t have to put up with that BS, but if it started to become an acceptable trend things could get very silly.
It would hit clubs in their pockets. Perhaps they would start to take it seriously then.

I have the same feeling about the attitude players have toward barracking the referees. Imagine if the FA said this to the refs: "Right, this week I want you to tell both teams before the game that the only player from either side who is to say a word to you is the captain. Anybody who dissents gets booked, and if they still can't keep their mouths shut they get sent off. If you get a crowd of people around you pushing and shoving send all the bastards off. Play the game three against three if it comes to it. A couple of weeks like that and they'll stop ******* with you". After a few teams have to play a game or two with four players sent off and getting stuffed 19-nil the culture will change rapidly as the clubs will force their players to stop acting the dickhead. I suggest similar draconian punishments for clubs which fail to put a stop to this kind of crap.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:17 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
This is hopefully a start to an end of this. Hopefully these idiots who abuse players (not just in a racist way) will see what the consequences are. Some of the stiff you hear at football is ridiculous. The thing is that it is mostly harmless banter. But in some instances like this, it is pure racism.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:46 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
I quite agree but no one should be abused about anything whilst doing their job?
How is predudice and abuse about skin colour any different to to about nationality, hair colour or sexuality apart from media hype?
I agree you have a point here about a precedent being set that could be abused, but your initial post about Boateng being unprofessional is just wrong.

UEFA and FIFA have constantly tried to brush racism under the carpet and it really did needed something like this to happen for them to start taking it seriously. Boateng should be applauded for his actions.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino
I agree you have a point here about a precedent being set that could be abused, but your initial post about Boateng being unprofessional is just wrong.

UEFA and FIFA have constantly tried to brush racism under the carpet and it really did needed something like this to happen for them to start taking it seriously. Boateng should be applauded for his actions.
So you agree that today against stoke when Palace fans sing homophobic songs the Stoke teams would be right to walk off? how about for calling Crouch a freak? Being tall isn't choice the same as being black isn't a choice so why is one banter and the other racism?
Old 05-01-2013, 09:27 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Ginger raises some interesting points.

I enjoy abusing opposition players, for being fat, ugly, bald, slow, tall ginger, even looking french, like a Nazi. I do it mainly for self-amusement, occasionally I get genuinely angry at the ref or a particularly filthy player upon which I will hurl real abuse.

Is this wrong? Don't 50% of supporters and 90% of players do the same?

Football is one of the few acceptable areas of tribalism left, an instinctive face of human nature.

Personally I think it is all but impossible to eliminate tribalism, and that football club supporting is one of the most joyous and least harmful outlets for this face of our nature.

Racism and homophobia is wrong but for me calling Peter Crouch a freak and telling him the only reason he should be on the pitch is to change the floodlights is fine - he knows I would love him if he played for Palace.

Interesting argument
Old 05-01-2013, 09:29 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino

tbf to UEFA they have appealed their own independent panels decision over the punishment given to Serbia after the U21 game with England, so the tide may have started to turn already.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:38 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
So you agree that today against stoke when Palace fans sing homophobic songs the Stoke teams would be right to walk off? how about for calling Crouch a freak? Being tall isn't choice the same as being black isn't a choice so why is one banter and the other racism?
We are still in the dark ages re homophobia and something needs to change where this is concerned. The fact that gay footballers do not feel comfortable to openly state they are proves the fact.

However people who are tall do not suffer from prejudice. Infact when I contracted at Standard Life in Edinburgh a woman said to me that the management there was full of tall males. I though she was a little paronoid as she was short and dumpy. However, now alerted to take notice of the height of anyone in senior management, I realised she was right.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:43 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
I was just catching up on news as I have been away. The thing that struck me about this story was how unprofessional Kevin-Prince Boateng was throwing a tantrum and storming off.
Act like a professional and do your job.
Opposing fans will always say nasty things and focus on any thing about you to get think will make you bite and put you off your game; whether it be skin colour, nationality, height, hair colour, lack of hair, hair style, weight, your family or even a team you used to play for.
His actions has now opened up the flood gates for teams if they are losing to all storm off and say they heard a nasty comment from an opposing fan(s)
I wonder what would have happened if it wasn't a friendly. They would have had to forfeit the match.
I am not defending racism and I do not agree with it but I do not see the difference between abusing someone for their skin colour and abusing anyone for any thing else about them apart from the media hype.
When Serbia's racism at the U21 game with England get fined LESS than the Danish guy taking his shirt off and wearing a sponsored shirt - perhaps it does need actions like this.