Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-01-2012, 03:18 PM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
Limitless - Sky Premiere this week. Think they could have gone a little further and made it better but an enjoyable watch nevertheless.
Old 16-01-2012, 03:21 PM

wickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldwickham_eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finbar
War Horse, nicely done but not a patch on the play, just didn't grip you in the same way, hoped for a lot more 7 out of 10

haven't seen the play but have read the book so will be interested to see how closely they have stuck to the novel
Old 16-01-2012, 04:33 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He's really not into you - well my GF was and I was reading next to her. Not too bad for a chick flcik. Scarlett Johansson is awesome in this
Old 16-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radders
Limitless - Sky Premiere this week. Think they could have gone a little further and made it better but an enjoyable watch nevertheless.
got this on sky plus to watch.
I liked the idea
Old 17-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
The Way Back

True story of some prisoners escape from Siberia, and their mammoth 4000 mile walk to freedom in India.

A knackered just watching it 7/10
Old 17-01-2012, 09:40 AM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Date Night

Highly enjoyable comedy, a bit contrived in places but Steve Carrell and Tina Fey carry it and has some nice little cameos in it.
Old 17-01-2012, 09:55 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant.Palace
The Way Back

True story of some prisoners escape from Siberia, and their mammoth 4000 mile walk to freedom in India.

A knackered just watching it 7/10
Based on the Book The Long Walk. Although I prefer a simmilar true story of a German POW escaping from a lead mine in Estern Siberia. The Book is excellent and As far as my Feet will carry me and is also a German movie.

SaulAlinsky
Old 17-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Eating Organic Thistles

saul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Up. It's come to something now that cartoons are actually better than real movies in the terms of storytelling and visual content, this is near visually perfect. The opening, mostly unspoken 15 minute montage will be traumatic for both parents and children, almost like a modern day bambi, and rams up the emotional level throughout the film and at the end, though the youngsters will like the talking dogs and demented emu type thing. The overriding message seems to be of following (not waiting) for your dreams and never to trust your heroes. Which is nice.
"Thank you, Rabbit. And if anyone says in a Loud Voice 'Bother, it's Eeyore,' I can drop out again."

http://nightmaresinadamagedbrain.wordpress.com
http://saulisshootingforthemoon.wordpress.com
Old 18-01-2012, 06:59 AM
Ex-Block G

tauranga rob is like ice, their footing does betraytauranga rob is like ice, their footing does betraytauranga rob is like ice, their footing does betraytauranga rob is like ice, their footing does betraytauranga rob is like ice, their footing does betraytauranga rob is like ice, their footing does betraytauranga rob is like ice, their footing does betraytauranga rob is like ice, their footing does betraytauranga rob is like ice, their footing does betraytauranga rob is like ice, their footing does betraytauranga rob is like ice, their footing does betray
Watched "Cell 211" this morning - a very good Spanish film about a prison riot. Highly recommended.
Old 18-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Is on dis ting.

dannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Johnny English - Reborn

it wasn't brilliant but there were a few bits where i was laughing so much it started to hurt.
"They will always have this. They will always have those two exquisite moments of silence. No matter what happens against Watford at Wembley, no matter whether they make it to the promised land, the night when the Amex Stadium fell quiet will enter into Crystal Palace folklore, into legend."
Old 18-01-2012, 08:09 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by saul1664
Never let me go. Odd film based on a Japanese book, about loneliness, unrequited love and body organs. Fairly unsettling. Carey Mulligan is very good and very yummy.
Didn't realise the book was Japanese despite reading it!!

If you liked the book check out Norwegian Wood.
Old 18-01-2012, 09:03 AM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Colombiana

A Latin Kill Bill, ridiculously far fetched and I lost interest a few times, though it has Zoe Saldana not wearing much for a fair bit of the film.
Old 18-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Eating Organic Thistles

saul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Rabbit Hole. Dismal (not in quality) film about a couple coming to terms with the death of their 4 year old son. Fine cast, Nicole Kidman pretty awesome in this, ditching the Australian accent quite convincingly, Dianne Wiest giving a good performance, last film I saw her in was The Lost Boys, she's aged a bit ... now gilfy rather than milfy.
"Thank you, Rabbit. And if anyone says in a Loud Voice 'Bother, it's Eeyore,' I can drop out again."

http://nightmaresinadamagedbrain.wordpress.com
http://saulisshootingforthemoon.wordpress.com
Old 18-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant.Palace
The Time Traveler's wife

I wasn't expecting anything from this, so was pleasantly suprised that it wasn't the complete load of twaddle I expected. As such I give it 7/10
I liked that one, my expectations were limited because I loved the book and usually hate film adaptations of books I've really enjoyed. Haven't blubbed so much during a film for ages
Old 18-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I watched Snatch the other night.

I've seen it a few times before but just thought I'd mention how good it is.

I remember not watching it when first came out as I thought it looked like a load of 'cor blimey, I'm well 'ard guvnor' crap.

I really couldn't have been more wrong. Great story, great characters, great cast. Bricktop is one of the best movie characters ever. 9/10.
Old 18-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Watched all 4 die hards in one night recently.

Epic scenes.
Old 18-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestinian
I liked that one, my expectations were limited because I loved the book and usually hate film adaptations of books I've really enjoyed. Haven't blubbed so much during a film for ages
I found the film not so sad.
Whereas I had to stop reading the book temporarily as I was on a train and unable to contain the sobs!
Old 18-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Watched all 4 die hards in one night recently.

Epic scenes.
2 is poor.

I've managed to miss 4 as every person I know has said it's utter gash.

1 and 3 are just immense though The Grubers are fantastic villains.
Old 18-01-2012, 01:55 PM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
1 was ok for 80's style cheese and a holywood style british bad guy. The rest were shite.
Old 18-01-2012, 01:59 PM

Cake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCake and Eat It came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Moneyball - stand out performance from Brad Pitt, he really is a super actor. Its an excellent film and very interesting for a sports fan, but others will enjoy it as well.

Real Steel - ignore the shite trailers and watch this film. Its like Rocky with Robots and it is superbly acted by both Jackman and the young boy. It is heartwarming stuff.

Warrior - loved loved loved this. A must see in my opinion.

Our Idiot Brother - light hearted fun. Made all the better by Zoeey Deschanel. Paul Rudd superb as ever.