Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 23-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Nice Marmit

Voldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldVoldo was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
As part of a seminar yesterday i watched a film called "the door in the floor" based on a john irvine novel called "a widow for a year"...it was actually quite good, one of these quiet films but faintly disturbing in patches with a great humour to it, starring Jeff Bridges (carrying his character as a more reformed, wealthy Lebowski) and Kim Basinger...

Basic storyline without many spoilers is that Bridges and Basinger are married with a young daughter and 2 sons who died pre-film...JB is a writer and gets a young apprentice, his marriage is falling apart so they temp split spending a night at the house each to look after their daughter...(hop skip jump) the young lad apprentice starts banging Basinger!...much more to it than this, its a deep film in many respects

check it out, im sure you wont b disappointed
Old 23-02-2006, 06:39 PM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've started watching a film called "The Football Factory". Far from being the expected hijinx of a third-world country 3p-a-minute-slave football manufacturers with hilarious consequences, it's actually quite violent and uses the word "muggy" quite a lot. I wouldn't have noticed it but I've yet to see an actual mug in the film yet.

From what I have seen, two thoughts spring to mind:

1. I'm never going to a football match again
2. I'm never leaving the house again

Cheers Homealoneyboys,

Carlos
Old 23-02-2006, 11:57 PM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by CarlosTheFinger
I've started watching a film called "The Football Factory". Far from being the expected hijinx of a third-world country 3p-a-minute-slave football manufacturers with hilarious consequences, it's actually quite violent and uses the word "muggy" quite a lot. I wouldn't have noticed it but I've yet to see an actual mug in the film yet.

From what I have seen, two thoughts spring to mind:

1. I'm never going to a football match again
2. I'm never leaving the house again

Cheers Homealoneyboys,

Carlos
You've started watching it? Its only 2 hours long, how much of a break do you need? Are you breaking it up into chunks? Did you pause to come and post on here?

Cheers LackofConcentrationBoys

OJ
Old 24-02-2006, 01:29 AM

christopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Quote:
Originally posted by Voldo
As part of a seminar yesterday i watched a film called "the door in the floor" based on a john irvine novel called "a widow for a year"...it was actually quite good, one of these quiet films but faintly disturbing in patches with a great humour to it, starring Jeff Bridges (carrying his character as a more reformed, wealthy Lebowski) and Kim Basinger...

Basic storyline without many spoilers is that Bridges and Basinger are married with a young daughter and 2 sons who died pre-film...JB is a writer and gets a young apprentice, his marriage is falling apart so they temp split spending a night at the house each to look after their daughter...(hop skip jump) the young lad apprentice starts banging Basinger!...much more to it than this, its a deep film in many respects

check it out, im sure you wont b disappointed
Am I correct in saying that it bears almost no resemblence to the novel?
Old 24-02-2006, 01:45 AM

christopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikichristopher does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Quote:
Originally posted by christopher
Am I correct in saying that it bears almost no resemblence to the novel?

There are no bears in either version. I meant bares. Sorry.
Old 24-02-2006, 01:55 AM

Aussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found me
Just saw Wolf Creek, highly reccomended.
Old 24-02-2006, 03:36 AM
Coin-Operated Boy

hopeful only had a small taste, so what a wastehopeful only had a small taste, so what a wastehopeful only had a small taste, so what a wastehopeful only had a small taste, so what a wastehopeful only had a small taste, so what a wastehopeful only had a small taste, so what a wastehopeful only had a small taste, so what a wastehopeful only had a small taste, so what a wastehopeful only had a small taste, so what a wastehopeful only had a small taste, so what a wastehopeful only had a small taste, so what a waste
Well I just watched 'Me and You and Everyone We Know'. Um, it's very difficult to describe, other than that it's a film that looks at several peoples lives and how they interact. Some funny moments, some sad. Crap review I know, but if you watch it (or already seen it), then you might know what I mean.
Old 24-02-2006, 01:43 PM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCarlosTheFinger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Oddjob
You've started watching it? Its only 2 hours long, how much of a break do you need? Are you breaking it up into chunks? Did you pause to come and post on here?

Cheers LackofConcentrationBoys

OJ
I watched the first part in the 15 minute morning TV slot before work and the rest last night. It's actually only 1h 22m long, which I was disappointed with, as it was getting quite good.

Quite alarmingly, the "making of:" documentary had more swearing than the film!

Cheers Extraboys,

Carlos
Old 26-02-2006, 10:01 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murray
Just watched 'London' with that Jason Statham bloke (the one who cant make up his mind if he's doing an English or American accent). Bloke has bird trouble, goes to party, spends an hour in the bathroom with Statham taking a huge pile of cocaine, has fight, leaves, takes ex-bird to airport. The End.

Complete and utter toilet, up there with Revolver for shiteness, AVOID !!!!!
Old 27-02-2006, 12:14 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
I very rarely watch movies, but yesterday I saw Whicker man and a day or so before saw tin men and enjoyed both of them.
Old 27-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Coming round to the idea!

CurvyGirl wants to be part of the human raceCurvyGirl wants to be part of the human raceCurvyGirl wants to be part of the human raceCurvyGirl wants to be part of the human raceCurvyGirl wants to be part of the human raceCurvyGirl wants to be part of the human raceCurvyGirl wants to be part of the human raceCurvyGirl wants to be part of the human raceCurvyGirl wants to be part of the human raceCurvyGirl wants to be part of the human raceCurvyGirl wants to be part of the human race
Quote:
Originally posted by The Misfit
Saw Walk The Line a couple of days ago. A cracking romp through Johnny Cash's (and June Carter's) early years. Worth watching for the soundtrack alone. 8/10
What a brilliant film - not being much of a country music buff - found this story fascinating and the performances of Phoenix and Witherspoon riveting - specially him
The only things that weren't quite right - the "Elvis" wasn't a particularly good likeness, and the fact that he 'introduced' cash to the pills wasn't right according to my friend (who is a massive Elvis fan!), and also Sun Studios were Cash recorded his first record was nothing like the original in Memphis - and I'm sure that they could have filmed it on location properly!! Other than that a really good film

" Can you help me remember how to smile
Make it somehow all seem worthwhile
How on earth did I get so jaded
Life's mystery seems so faded "

" Seems Like the more I gave the less I got - Whats the use in trying?
All I get is pain - when I needed sunshine I got rain "
Old 27-02-2006, 01:13 PM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Had a kill a couple of hours after the pub/football on Saturday, so went into cinema and asked what was on now that would be over within 2 hours. So saw Aeonflux. Which is pretty woeful.

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 27-02-2006, 11:26 PM

Webb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWebb : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anchorman.

Veronica Corningstone: ...and that can be very distracting. Okay, so when we get to the pet shop...
Brick Tamland: [while coughing] Cough. Look over here.
[spoken]
Brick Tamland: Excuse me, Veronica?
Veronica Corningstone: Yes? What is it, Brick?
Brick Tamland: I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party.
Veronica Corningstone: Excuse me?
Brick Tamland: [struggling] The... party. With the... with the pants. Party with pants?
Veronica Corningstone: Brick, are you saying that there's a party in your pants and that I'm invited?
Brick Tamland: That's it.
Veronica Corningstone: Did Brian tell you to say this, Brick?
Brick Tamland: No! Yes. He did.
Veronica Corningstone: Okay. No. I don't want to go to a party in your pants.
Brick Tamland: Very well. Ian, would you like to go to a party in my pants?
Ian: No, Brick.
Brick Tamland: All right. Let's go.
[runs off, there is a sound of crashing off screen]
Brick Tamland: It's all right! I'm all right!

So many quotes I could put up.....
Old 27-02-2006, 11:36 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Brokeback mountain. 7/10.

Nicely shot, nicely acted, slow as hell. How this is up for so many Oscars defies belief.

May I be permitted to say that it would be up for a fair few less if it wasn't about gay cowboys. It hardly broke new ground as far as two men kissing is concerned. Well perhaps for Hollywood it was shocking. Still I remember Jon Voight doing similar stuff in the early seventies in Midnight Cowboy.

Do not go and see this at the cinema at nearly 10 quid a ticket.

If there is not a better film, mainstream or otherwise to take the oscar honours I would be somewhat disappointed.
Old 27-02-2006, 11:37 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Cue some liberal nomark on here telling me that I just don't understand the beauty of gay love.
Old 28-02-2006, 12:05 AM
Pint half full member

KevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fineKevTheOptimist is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Recently have seen Saw and Memento

Saw - I thought was very good but being a big girl I couldn't watch some parts of it. Liked the twist. 8/10

Memento - Again loved the twist and enjoyed the film - 7/10
Old 02-03-2006, 09:25 AM
snootchie bootchies

paf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murraypaf FFS Murray
I nearly didn't bother with this, Pierce Brosnan is hardly known for his challenging roles, but then along comes The Matador.....

What a cracking little film, I really, really enjoyed this, Brosnans potrayal of a burnt out hitman is fabulous, and quite tongue in cheek in places. He really does come across as a very unstable character.

Great locations, great music.....

Theres a couple of good twists, though a tad predictable, but all in all, I can heartily recommend this, and it almost makes moustaches fashionable again..... almost...
Old 02-03-2006, 09:26 PM

Cheers Paf will have to have a look out for this. Very hard for a former Bond to break out of the stereotype (although it is probably stereotypical for me to say that). Connery managed it, Lazenby seems not to have acted again, Moore just made silly comedies and Dalton disappeared off the radar. Even Tailor of Panama was a kind of toned down Bond movie.

I saw Chopper last night, pretty good depiction of a nutcase. Hidalgo wasn' too bad either, probably 6/10 at best.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:12 PM
snootchie bootchies

I've watched a lot of the 'award' movies this year and tried Syriana last night. Clooney can be good at times as can Matt Damon, but suprisingly the best performance for me was from Alexander Siddig (who is best known as the doctor in Star Trek DS9).

It was long, it was quite a complex plot, you need to invest time to watch this. Is it worth it though? I found it quite muddled to be honest, too much going on, it was like a mixed platter, when really a decent main course was what you wanted.

If middle eastern politics, corporate corruption and petrochemicals are your bag, then this is for you, if your looking for a date movie, avoid at all costs.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by paf
I've watched a lot of the 'award' movies this year and tried Syriana last night. Clooney can be good at times as can Matt Damon, but suprisingly the best performance for me was from Alexander Siddig (who is best known as the doctor in Star Trek DS9).

It was long, it was quite a complex plot, you need to invest time to watch this. Is it worth it though? I found it quite muddled to be honest, too much going on, it was like a mixed platter, when really a decent main course was what you wanted.

If middle eastern politics, corporate corruption and petrochemicals are your bag, then this is for you, if your looking for a date movie, avoid at all costs.
I saw it last week, not bad just slow at times and didnt like the ending. Worth watchin, cringed when he had his nail ripped out though 6/10