Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 08-10-2016, 08:34 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Banks have counters these days?

Only automated ones that you need yo queue for before you queue to speak to a human to cash your coppers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 08-10-2016, 08:52 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Informed as in they've been told they're better off more times, or that they've got the gumption to realise it, whereas those outside the m25 haven't?

There the rub. It's been the mantra of leavers to continually distinguish between London and the rest of the county, in that the rest are supposedly akin to the Tolpuddle martyrs vs the toffs from the city.

Clearly substantial numbers from both areas voted for either choice, but based on many posts on here it seems your postcode determines whether you have avaricious self-interest or a heart-warming desire to re-distribute wealth to the deprived.

I live in the London Borough of Sutton, one of the few London areas to vote leave.

It would be interesting to see whether the suggestions of education playing a role in how people voted were true.

Quote:
He isnt top class mate

Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 08-10-2016, 08:55 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
do you realise if they hadn't of bailed the banks out even more people would have suffered?
I do indeed. Alistair Darling did a very good job in very difficult circumstances.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:10 AM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Nice bit of Enoch Powell praising that the Telegraph took down very sharply.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:19 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here

An interesting and sad read. Shows the damage that enforced austerity can do to the most vulnerable in society. The ECB and EU could really help by allowing in this instance Spain to spend more to help the long term unemployed.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:20 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
I live in the London Borough of Sutton, one of the few London areas to vote leave.
What do you expect from a population of crop haired, cocaine crazed, EDL, Chelsea supporting scaffolders?
Old 08-10-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
What do you expect from a population of crop haired, cocaine crazed, EDL, Chelsea supporting scaffolders?
Isn't that Mitcham? You ever done scaffolding? You'd need something to get you through the day although obviously not Chelsea or EDL and you'd be better off with long hair and a beard in winter. You'd get the tin tack in an instance if you had cocaine in your system when they do the random tests.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:40 AM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
There the rub. It's been the mantra of leavers to continually distinguish between London and the rest of the county, in that the rest are supposedly akin to the Tolpuddle martyrs vs the toffs from the city.

Clearly substantial numbers from both areas voted for either choice, but based on many posts on here it seems your postcode determines whether you have avaricious self-interest or a heart-warming desire to re-distribute wealth to the deprived.

It would be interesting to see whether the suggestions of education playing a role in how people voted were true.
I do believe Sutton is the whitest London borough and one of the cheapest to buy property , Make what you will of those stats as I know you like to Analyse Brexit voting area's anally .
Old 08-10-2016, 09:42 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Isn't that Mitcham? You ever done scaffolding? You'd need something to get you through the day although obviously not Chelsea or EDL and you'd be better off with long hair and a beard in winter. You'd get the tin tack in an instance if you had cocaine in your system when they do the random tests.
I wasn't being entirely serious.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I wasn't being entirely serious.
I know but your comments on Chelsea supporting scaffs sounded like a comment that TMH makes.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:45 AM
Up On The Triangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
I know you like to Analyse Brexit voting area's anally .

My God! Is this some new way of reducing statistical variations?

Last edited by fang; 08-10-2016 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:56 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:

An interesting and sad read. Shows the damage that enforced austerity can do to the most vulnerable in society. The ECB and EU could really help by allowing in this instance Spain to spend more to help the long term unemployed.
Much as I understand Spain won't want to ape the U.S. or UK in liberalising its labour market, it does need more flexibility I.e. less protectionism which makes hiring so very expensive for employers. Without that, financial help for the long term unemployed is pouring money down a big black hole.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:02 AM

Mr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Outside London most voted out both in poor and wealthy areas , So it wasn't all about class and wealth , Implying those who voted out are intolerant is just a plan untruth based on no factual proof , The democratic vote returned a brexit win ,You now need to let democracy take place and stop demonising those who disagreed with your vote .
I have a real issue with those who just say "that's democracy get over it". In a democracy you vote for a Government and if you don't like that Government you then get an opportunity to vote them out a few years later. This is not the case here. We will not have an opportunity in five years time to vote on whether we should re-enter the EU. I think what angers a lot of Remainers is that such an important irreversible decision with so many far reaching effects, more than voting in any Government, has been made with the most slender of majorities and was based on a campaign that we know was based on lies (350m a week for the NHS anyone?). It might not be so much of an issue if we had an effective pro-EU opposition who could hold our hard Brexit loving, UKIP aping Government to account, that would be approaching democracy in this situation, but that is not the case.

Last edited by Mr Mojo Risin; 08-10-2016 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:05 AM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin View Post
I have a real issue with those who just say "that's democracy get over it". In a democracy you vote for a Government and if you don't like that Government you then get an opportunity to vote them out a few years later. This is not the case here. We will not have an opportunity in five years time to vote on whether we should re-enter the EU. This is an irreversible decision that has been made and I think what angers a lot of Remainers is that such an important irreversible decision with so many far reaching effects, more than voting in any Government, has been made with the most slender of majorities and was based on a campaign that we know was based on lies (350m a week for the NHS anyone?). It might not be so much of an issue if we had a pro-EU opposition who could hold our hard Brexit loving, UKIP aping Government to account, that would be approaching democracy in this situation, but that is not the case.
I am sure there will be another referendum in 20 yrs odd , if the EU is still in existence , The EU is floundering though and undemocratic so I doubt it will exist .
Old 08-10-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
Much as I understand Spain won't want to ape the U.S. or UK in liberalising its labour market, it does need more flexibility I.e. less protectionism which makes hiring so very expensive for employers. Without that, financial help for the long term unemployed is pouring money down a big black hole.
It may be coming. I've noticed in the last couple of years that things like pizza deliveries, home deliveries by supermarkets and Amazon type warehouses are increasing. Carrefour even opens on Sundays in the summer months now. They're behind the UK in that sense but it seems to be changing rapidly. I hope they do better than us at protecting small local shops.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:12 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Brexit - the economic and social impact

Quote:
I do believe Sutton is the whitest London borough and one of the cheapest to buy property , Make what you will of those stats as I know you like to Analyse Brexit voting area's anally .

Dunno about the whitest. We've had ethnics since the 70's. My white mate's parents were one of the few to own a corner shop and my Mum even worked for a black. Can you believe it???? My boy actually knows an Iraqi too, so he can say he's not racist. Always handy to have an ethnic as a mate for threads like this.

I think Sutton was only beaten by 2 inner London areas last year re property increases, it's very popular for the low crime, great schools ( including grammars ) and proximity to the City. It is cheaper as its outer London ( or Surrey when your selling ).

As for me anally analysing BREXIT voting areas, can you provide some examples? If I have I have forgotten I posted them.

Quote:
He isnt top class mate

Re Benteke - 14 May 2017

Last edited by Chief Brody; 08-10-2016 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:14 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Quote:
My God! Is this some new way of reducing statistical variations?

In his world, probably.

Quote:
He isnt top class mate

Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 08-10-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
It may be coming. I've noticed in the last couple of years that things like pizza deliveries, home deliveries by supermarkets and Amazon type warehouses are increasing. Carrefour even opens on Sundays in the summer months now. They're behind the UK in that sense but it seems to be changing rapidly. I hope they do better than us at protecting small local shops.
I despair for Spain , Greece and Portugal all 3 will be languishing in debt for ever and Troika are no better than money lenders like Wonka who entrap the Poor into expensive unaffordable longterm debt .
The plight of the young in these 3 nations under EU rule is a disgrace IMO .
Old 08-10-2016, 10:16 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Quote:
I do believe Sutton is the whitest London borough.... .

Talking of race and nationality, are you happy with the policy moves on establishing and isolating foreigners at school and work?

Quote:
He isnt top class mate

Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 08-10-2016, 10:17 AM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin View Post
I have a real issue with those who just say "that's democracy get over it". In a democracy you vote for a Government and if you don't like that Government you then get an opportunity to vote them out a few years later. This is not the case here. We will not have an opportunity in five years time to vote on whether we should re-enter the EU. I think what angers a lot of Remainers is that such an important irreversible decision with so many far reaching effects, more than voting in any Government, has been made with the most slender of majorities and was based on a campaign that we know was based on lies (350m a week for the NHS anyone?). It might not be so much of an issue if we had an effective pro-EU opposition who could hold our hard Brexit loving, UKIP aping Government to account, that would be approaching democracy in this situation, but that is not the case.
Actually, Article 50 anticipates the process for a leaver to rejoin.....which is covered by Article 49....