Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 08-10-2016, 12:56 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey. View Post
People can't get their kids into schools that's why they voted leave. We've seen a huge rise in European families settling here but no further school building. Big problem for the borough.
A huge rise in European families settling in Sutton ? Really?
Old 08-10-2016, 01:13 PM

Lukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
30 kids in my son's class, 12 are Polish.

I think it's great that these hard working families want to settle here but totally unsustainable if we don't build the infrastructure to accommodate more people.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:14 PM

racehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
A huge rise in European families settling in Sutton ? Really?
I heard that many pupils attending Wallington girls/boys and St Philomena's are not Sutton residents , Not sure if it's true but you do see a fair number of pupils wearing the schools I highlighted uniforms , Traveling on Trains from Balham, Wandsworth and Streatham common etc

Last edited by racehorse-80s; 08-10-2016 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:16 PM

racehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
So you are not sure but thought it best to generalise anyway?
I've caught the remoaners bug without realising it
Old 08-10-2016, 01:17 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
People can't get their kids into schools that's why they voted leave. We've seen a huge rise in European families settling here but no further school building. Big problem for the borough.
So we know those families, huge numbers or otherwise, are probably going to be allowed to stay in a potential reciprocal arrangement, and the situation in the local schools therefore isn't going to change, is it?

What are you and others in your patch asking your LEA to do about it, and what plans have they got to increase the number of new schools simply to cope with the increase in births generally?

They will probably answer and say that it is not down to their bad planning of population growth, but due to cuts in central funding by the Tory government. Would you let them get away with that excuse?
Old 08-10-2016, 01:23 PM

Lukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLukey. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Erm, I'm not sure the residents can do sh*t.
What do you suggest a sit in protest or a full scale riot

They are building one new school, science based attached to the Marsden but there simply aren't enough spaces. That imo is what tipped the balance in the favour of leave for Sutton.

For the record, I actually voted remain but can totally see why people were fed up of the status quo.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:28 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
I heard that many pupils attending Wallington girls/boys and St Philomena's are not Sutton residents , Not sure if it's true but you do see a fair number of pupils wearing the schools I highlighted uniforms , Traveling from Balham, Wandsworth and Streatham etc
Hardly surprising is it? Two grammar schools operating a strict selection process and a state aided Catholic girls school. Of course they are going to cast their net wider than Sutton.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Hardly surprising is it? Two grammar schools operating a strict selection process and a state aided Catholic girls school. Of course they are going to cast their net wider than Sutton.
Not a lot of good for the locals though is it and shows how Grammar schools can be detrimental ? At one time only 1 Sutton resident pupil attended Wilsons .

Non-selective secondary schools

Carshalton Boys Sports College
Carshalton High School for Girls
Cheam High School
Glenthorne High School
Greenshaw High School
The John Fisher School*
Overton Grange School
St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls
Stanley Park High School

*This school is located in Croydon, but is administered by Sutton

Grammar schools

Nonsuch High School
Sutton Grammar School for Boys
Wallington County Grammar School
Wallington High School for Girls
Wilson's School

Last edited by racehorse-80s; 08-10-2016 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:36 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Erm, I'm not sure the residents can do sh*t.
What do you suggest a sit in protest or a full scale riot

They are building one new school, science based attached to the Marsden but there simply aren't enough spaces. That imo is what tipped the balance in the favour of leave for Sutton.

For the record, I actually voted remain but can totally see why people were fed up of the status quo.
The status quo covers a huge range of issues, most nothing to do with the EU, but everything to do with a Tory government with an ideological austerity plan to dismantle public services, including education. The vote has, and will not change anything for the better for this reason alone.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
The status quo covers a huge range of issues, most nothing to do with the EU, but everything to do with a Tory government with an ideological austerity plan to dismantle public services, including education. The vote has, and will not change anything for the better for this reason alone.
Come on, I f*cking know that but the perception is that stopping further European migration will at least stop the specific problem of overrun services getting even worse.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:45 PM
Up On The Triangle

Quote:

I think it's great that these hard working families want to settle here but totally unsustainable if we don't build the infrastructure to accommodate more people.
I posted a while back about my experience as a school governor when Croydon thought their pupil projections had gone horribly wrong. They were racing around bribing, begging and threatening schools to go from 2 to 3 form entry. We were all set to get a new scandinavian classroom annexe dropped onto the school site (it actually looked better than the rest of the school!) and teaching staff would be increased accordingly. Then...nothing. After another review everything was put on hold. It seemed that there had not been a significant underestimation of demand similarly Lambeth went through the same.

My point is Local authorities, so I understand, are still able to respond to increases in school place demand although the growth in federations and academies has probably complicated the process. Sadly, classes of 30 are still not unusual. As a parent, I would be as worried about the job prospects of my offspring in this brave new world we are about to enter and whether a diminishing tax base will enable adequate education provision in the future.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Come on, I f*cking know that but the perception is that stopping further European migration will at least stop the specific problem of overrun services getting even worse.
Yep, but as you say, it is the perception, and that is the problem. People generally don't think too deeply or ask too many questions, seemingly content with narrow political diversionary tactics and easily targeted scapegoats, especially during times of imposed austerity.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:53 PM
Up On The Triangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
Not a lot of good for the locals though is it and shows how Grammar schools can be detrimental ? At one time only 1 Sutton resident pupil attended Wilsons .

Non-selective secondary schools

Carshalton Boys Sports College
Carshalton High School for Girls
Cheam High School
Glenthorne High School
Greenshaw High School
The John Fisher School*
Overton Grange School
St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls
Stanley Park High School

*This school is located in Croydon, but is administered by Sutton

Grammar schools

Nonsuch High School
Sutton Grammar School for Boys
Wallington County Grammar School
Wallington High School for Girls
Wilson's School
Welcome to the future. The notion of local schools for local kids went sometime ago and although I strongly object to the re-introduction pf Grammar Schools, the harsh fact is that 'selection' crept back in years ago. In the target driven, OFSTEAD graded world education now operates in, every School wants to make sure that maintaining their reputation is not jepordised accepting kids from a pool with a broad range of academic abilities.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Yep, but as you say, it is the perception, and that is the problem. People generally don't think too deeply or ask too many questions, seemingly content with narrow political diversionary tactics and easily targeted scapegoats, especially during times of imposed austerity.
Look it's a fact of live that an large influx of migrants cause problems for the local populations which leads to resentment , If it continues there will be huge problems , Humans behaving like humans is nothing new and despite great improvements in living standards and education there is always an underlying threat that things will get out of hand over falling living standards and welfare for the lower classes.
To me the EU is being knave , Exploitive and irresponsible using mass cheap east European labour whilst not spending massively on extra infrastructure and propping up the workers wages like they are prepared to do for landlords property and businesses profits .
Old 08-10-2016, 02:27 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Quote:

Catholic school??
Old 08-10-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
You can't blame people for this. What else are they supposed to do under a FPTP system. The referendum wasn't, you could argue that it was the first time the working class had a voice in a public vote.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:47 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Two very good articles here about European history, the way the British understand it, and the way the Germans understand it.
I wish Britons like this chap and the man whose lecture I attended a couple of weeks ago, from the European Space Agency, had been given more of a voice during the referendum.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 08-10-2016, 03:02 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Why are the brexit folk worried about schools? Thought they'd had enough of 'experts'.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:12 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST View Post
Why are the brexit folk worried about schools? Thought they'd had enough of 'experts'.
Only Gove I thought and who listens to him outside the political bubble?
Old 08-10-2016, 03:55 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here

Last edited by rhino_mik; 08-10-2016 at 04:06 PM.