Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-09-2017, 04:09 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
I agree with most of that. The differences surely stem from:

1. Getting into that position more by judgement than by law of averages
2. Opposition allowing far less opportunities for this to occur
3. Quality of goalkeeping allowing less half chances becoming goals.

If you put a striker, of any note into the position to score, you'd expect everyone from EPL to Sunday League to have a decent chance at scoring.

However, I would never expect a Sunday League player to get into that position against a Premier League defence, without anything other than dumb luck or a mistake.

Players have scored for fun in the Championship, but have failed at Prem level, there is a reason for it, and scoring when that chance is created is not why
Actually part of what i am implying is that we have been almost totally shit this season at creating really good openings in front of goal. If we can start getting that right then it wont matter as much who plays up front.
Old 29-09-2017, 09:09 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
I'd play him and from the start.

The w*nkers can't do any research on him if most of us didn't even know who he was before Burnley. Sako (or Dann, ha!) have no mobility and their centre halves will have a walk in the park against either of them. Lumeka offers the surprise option.

It's a no lose situation (apart from the fact that we will) so there will be no pressure on him and he can play without any fear of failure. If he gets a shot on target, I'd consider it a success at the moment!
Old 29-09-2017, 10:35 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
He's travelled with the squad.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 30-09-2017, 01:03 AM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
He's travelled with the squad.
Poor kid.
Old 30-09-2017, 07:07 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post
I'd play him and from the start.

The w*nkers can't do any research on him if most of us didn't even know who he was before Burnley. Sako (or Dann, ha!) have no mobility and their centre halves will have a walk in the park against either of them. Lumeka offers the surprise option.

It's a no lose situation (apart from the fact that we will) so there will be no pressure on him and he can play without any fear of failure. If he gets a shot on target, I'd consider it a success at the moment!
They probably have good knowledge of all talented youth in academies these days. If the element of surprise is key then perhaps I could still have time to pick up some boots and make Manchester in time. They won't know anything about my power shooting and certainly won't expect my 'movement' in their box.
Old 30-09-2017, 07:18 AM

Palacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
They probably have good knowledge of all talented youth in academies these days. If the element of surprise is key then perhaps I could still have time to pick up some boots and make Manchester in time. They won't know anything about my power shooting and certainly won't expect my 'movement' in their box.

I'm sold! I will get onto Roy now, will we not have to register you with the PL, in order for you to play though?
Old 30-09-2017, 07:29 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palacebear View Post
I'm sold! I will get onto Roy now, will we not have to register you with the PL, in order for you to play though?
My plan would be to loiter behind their goal with my kit on, cunningly concealed underneath a long winter coat. I would then slip onto the pitch as soon as we get our first corner. The slight problem with this plan is that we might never get out of our own half . If so I would stay there until HT and slip on when we concede the first corner of the second half. The disadvantage with this might be that it could take me 45 mins to walk down to their end but they would never see me coming. Should get around the registration thing though
Old 30-09-2017, 09:28 AM

Palacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacebear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
My plan would be to loiter behind their goal with my kit on, cunningly concealed underneath a long winter coat. I would then slip onto the pitch as soon as we get our first corner. The slight problem with this plan is that we might never get out of our own half . If so I would stay there until HT and slip on when we concede the first corner of the second half. The disadvantage with this might be that it could take me 45 mins to walk down to their end but they would never see me coming. Should get around the registration thing though

I am sure this is the approach some of our players have taken this season.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:03 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
May be his chance to shine now Wilf and Sako's both injured.

Rashford only got his chance as Man United had so many injuries, Kane was similar and never shined on loan at Millwall or Leicester.

Not saying he's the next big thing to come through but an opportunity for him could surprise a few.

Clutching at straws just a bit too I suppose!

Clinton Morrison.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:11 PM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Imagine we got ourselves in a position where the likes of Lumeka and Lokilo could play a part...
Old 06-02-2018, 12:39 PM
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
May be his chance to shine now Wilf and Sako's both injured.

Rashford only got his chance as Man United had so many injuries, Kane was similar and never shined on loan at Millwall or Leicester.

Not saying he's the next big thing to come through but an opportunity for him could surprise a few.

Clutching at straws just a bit too I suppose!
Kane scored nine goals in 27 matches which resulted in him being named Millwall's Young Player of the Year for 201112
To view the link you have to Register or Login
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 06-02-2018, 02:02 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson View Post
Kane scored nine goals in 27 matches which resulted in him being named Millwall's Young Player of the Year for 201112
That's better than what I thought from memory, although a few Millwall plums I speak to never rated him there.

Mind you wouldn't forecast that goal record in the third tier for what he's achieved today.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:05 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yeah, but apart from that he was shit.......

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 06-02-2018, 02:06 PM

Neillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Kane scored nine goals in 27 matches which resulted in him being named Millwall's Young Player of the Year for 2011–12
And subsequently did very little at Leicester, so it's definitely a decent point for CharlieCPFC to make.

We definitely need some sort of width from the bench at the very least, especially as this is our last winnable game for a while.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:19 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neillo's Son View Post
And subsequently did very little at Leicester, so it's definitely a decent point for CharlieCPFC to make.

We definitely need some sort of width from the bench at the very least, especially as this is our last winnable game for a while.
Every game is winnable some are more winnable the others.
Old 06-02-2018, 07:13 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not seen much of him but he has a bit of pace and can provide a cross . I would hope he would be an option to come off the bench maybe when we are chasing the game .
Old 06-02-2018, 07:23 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
If zaha is out chuck him in
Old 06-02-2018, 07:38 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
really scraping the barrel here
Old 06-02-2018, 07:50 PM

HRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHRS : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
442 with Sorloth upfront surely.
Old 06-02-2018, 08:09 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRS View Post
442 with Sorloth upfront surely.
We get over run far too easily in a 442. Looked much better on Sunday when Wilf went wide and McArthur dropped in midfield.