Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 27-08-2017, 09:50 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Super Mario Odyssey.

Not much longer to wait.
*40 quid with prime pre order*

Switch has really come into its own now.

Nintendo have done it again.
Old 27-08-2017, 09:59 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

I love Charles Martinet.
Old 28-08-2017, 10:13 AM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betraySwanny32 is like ice, their footing does betray
Got it on pre order and very much looking forward to playing it

Golf handicap - 4.2
Old 28-08-2017, 06:47 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
This is going to be a classic. Nintendo have smashed it this year.
Old 28-08-2017, 06:47 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Not much longer to wait.

when does the money get taken out?
Old 28-08-2017, 06:52 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Not much longer to wait.

How can you say that - you haven't played it yet?
Old 28-08-2017, 07:26 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Got a feeling it's going to be quite formulaic . A good formula,mind....but not enough to tempt me.
Old 28-08-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
The reviews are cracking to be fair and it won game of the year at gamescom....whatever that is

Last edited by SeanPalace84; 28-08-2017 at 09:38 PM.
Old 28-08-2017, 09:26 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I'm all for it. But I counter against 'Nintendo nailing it' comments. A few more games at launch, and Zelda included in the price of the console at launch rather than ripping customers off would have constituted more of a nailing.

Maybe, it's just me baulking at 400 quid to play one game - and then another 40 to play the next one and then waiting for the third.

It makes sense to wait 18 months and buy the console and games at half that.

I hope the market has the same patience.
Old 28-08-2017, 10:01 PM

Plenty of games to keep you going PeterH. Mario Rabbids game looks clever and there are quite a few others.
Old 28-08-2017, 10:08 PM

PS4 for me for now. Just trying to process the payment. Here we have an absurd situation where stores apply a 200 quid limit on a debit card purchases. Even if it's an online store selling mainly 200+ quid consoles. HA HA.
Old 28-08-2017, 10:15 PM

That's crazy! Good luck with that. Both PS4 and Xbox seem similar, just down to preferred system and controllers etc I suppose. Some excellent games on it! I have both and have to be honest when I say that apart from Fifa I don't play the playstation much at the moment. Maybe that will change with the games due out.
Old 28-08-2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPalace84 View Post
That's crazy! Good luck with that. Both PS4 and Xbox seem similar, just down to preferred system and controllers etc I suppose. Some excellent games on it! I have both and have to be honest when I say that apart from Fifa I don't play the playstation much at the moment. Maybe that will change with the games due out.
I have to balance spending between holidays, what the wife wants, what the 'grown up?' family needs, household goods, clothing overhaul, pension saving, housing purchase, and toys for me. I have permission for ONE big toy.
Old 28-08-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
I have to balance spending between holidays, what the wife wants, what the 'grown up?' family needs, household goods, clothing overhaul, pension saving, housing purchase, and toys for me. I have permission for ONE big toy.
I know how it is, I have 2 boys who love gaming luckily though so I just pretend it's all for them

I have to work really hard to get things for myself these days
Old 28-08-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
I know how it is, I have 2 boys who love gaming luckily though so I just pretend it's all for them

I have to work really hard to get things for myself these days
That's how I might be able to get the Switch for the grandson (s). Problem is, grandson lives away from us and he takes it home and we never see it again - just like the Wii - we have Twighlight Princess (or he does) and I've never sat down and played it.

I wanted to establish a rule - that I buy it and keep it here for 3 months and then he can take it. My wife thinks that's cruel and we should just accede on his first visit. I think I'll buy the PS4 for ME.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:33 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Because it's Mario, Pete.
And by Nintendo.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:43 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
I'm all for it. But I counter against 'Nintendo nailing it' comments. A few more games at launch, and Zelda included in the price of the console at launch rather than ripping customers off would have constituted more of a nailing.

Maybe, it's just me baulking at 400 quid to play one game - and then another 40 to play the next one and then waiting for the third.

It makes sense to wait 18 months and buy the console and games at half that.

I hope the market has the same patience.
I understand what you're saying but with a pedigree like Nintendo then it's a virtual guarantee of quality.
Many of the indie games out for it now are great...Sonic Mania, Bulbboy, Shovel Knight to name but 3 are all superb and way below the rrp of most games.
And where do you get the 400 quid figure from? A Switch, if you can source one, with Mario Odyssey will cost you south of £330.
Don't wait 18 months for a price drop as Nintendo are known for not dropping in price/value.
Why miss out for that long?
Old 02-09-2017, 09:49 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
when does the money get taken out?
I'll be honest, I really don't know Sean.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:58 PM
Banned by Moderators

I'd assume a few days before release.
But that's hazarding a guess.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:00 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Got a feeling it's going to be quite formulaic . A good formula,mind....but not enough to tempt me.
If it's as formulaic as all the previous Super Mario titles then formulaic me up!