Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 04-10-2018, 11:50 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo 888 View Post
Streets of London - Ralph McTell (I don’t think he had another hit)
Croydon boy. Without reference to online info I'm thinking 'The Zimmerman Blues' must have been a 'hit'???
Old 05-10-2018, 12:05 AM
Probationary User

Fish Mitten was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldFish Mitten was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldFish Mitten was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldFish Mitten was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldFish Mitten was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldFish Mitten was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldFish Mitten was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldFish Mitten was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldFish Mitten was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldFish Mitten was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldFish Mitten was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Pigbag - Papa’s got a brand new pigbag
The Icicle Works - Love is a wonderful colour
Old 05-10-2018, 01:28 AM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
I've got the feeling they had another hit but my memory ain't what it was.
I had a couple of pieces of really nice fudge off a lady in the Green Fields at Glastonbury 86. For once in a generation it was a heatwave weekend and I ended up losing everyone and lying down under a tree on the right hand side of the old Pyramid stage drinking ginger ale (I was parched and it was all they could sell me at bar... Water? What???....) and The Waterboys were playing ,'Whole of the Moon' and as much as I was buoyed by the familiarity of it, and the anchor on reality that it gave me.... I was far enough out that the wind blew the sound in waves of amplitude and clarity, which was really very freaky!
Old 06-10-2018, 10:51 AM
Cookies make life better

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Breathe - Hands to Heaven
Halo James - Could Have Told You So
Danny Wilson - Mary's Prayer
Old 06-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hate to be a pedantic Pete but Danny Wilson had another hit - The First Summer Of Love.
Old 06-10-2018, 11:15 AM
Cookies make life better

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hate to be a pedantic Pete but Danny Wilson had another hit - The First Summer Of Love.
ok - I'd forgotten about that..

although it was actually called 'The Second Summer of Love'

Old 06-10-2018, 11:24 AM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
ok - I'd forgotten about that..

although it was actually called 'The Second Summer of Love'

Old 06-10-2018, 11:19 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
If we're going down that road Hanson had several U.K. hit singles. Which kind of ruins the entire premise of the original post?
Old 06-10-2018, 11:45 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Mitten View Post
Pigbag - Papa’s got a brand new pigbag
The Icicle Works - Love is a wonderful colour
Both had other,minor hits
Old 07-10-2018, 12:30 AM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
If we're going down that road Hanson had several U.K. hit singles. Which kind of ruins the entire premise of the original post?
No they didn't.

Still the greatest and best...

Old 07-10-2018, 04:32 AM
Banned by Moderators

I love this song and I'm fairly sure this was their only (minor) hit.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:49 AM
Banned by Moderators

Old 29-10-2018, 04:52 AM

Lombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardo 888 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Croydon boy. Without reference to online info I'm thinking 'The Zimmerman Blues' must have been a 'hit'???
I looked it up and surprisingly, it didn’t make it. Dreams of you made it to 36 which I wouldn’t say was a hit. Great guitar player.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:25 PM

ulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE View Post
One and only chesney hawkes
Chesney performed at my summer ball at uni in the early 2000s. Having stood around slightly bored for 30 minutes waiting for him to perform 'it', he finally declared, "OK, Swansea, here they come, the 2 songs you've all been waiting for!"

Still not sure to this day if he was taking the piss.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:57 PM

ulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineulysses : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hopefully avoiding any repetitions, I'd say:

Boy Meets Girl - Waiting For A Star To Fall
Wang Chung - Dance Hall Days
Sly Fox - Let's Go All The Way
Matthew Wilder - Break My Stride
Fastball - The Way

And is Spiller - Groovejet allowed?!
Old 09-11-2018, 03:19 AM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F
Old 09-11-2018, 09:00 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Old 22-11-2018, 11:25 AM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
The Buggles had another biggish hit, Living In The Plastic Age, better than Radio Star, IMHO
Had to look it up as it was so big but you are correct it got to no 27 in UK chart, they had three others also that charted but didn’t make top 40 in UK.

Video made No1 in 15 countries. First hit wonders would probably be a better thread for this one
Old 14-04-2019, 08:43 AM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
No contest in my opine - Mmmm Bop by Hanson.
The greatest pop song ever. And that's a fact. Unless you know different...
Sorry to drag up this old thread but me and my boy (who's soon to be a dad) were talking the other night and this song popped up in the conversation.
Turns out he loves it too and for some reason it reminds him of our trips to Florida.
My boy.