Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 20-03-2018, 12:27 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Will do. Did you buy it on download?
Old 20-03-2018, 02:08 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Yeah, I did so much testing in the alpha and beta that I knew I'd never sell the game, so decided to pay the extra and have it on the HD all bristol and shipshape fashion.

The bbs needs a pirate emoji.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 20-03-2018, 02:26 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Or is it the other way around?

No wonder I wreck so many galleons...

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 21-03-2018, 10:09 AM
Pure Codology

Was great to sail the seas with you, Lion; by golly you're an efficient pirate.

Apologies for bailing when I did, I hit the wall of three hours' sleep whilst fixing a cuppa.

Will be back on tonight.

Argh-hargh!

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 21-03-2018, 11:48 AM

Eagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEagle987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Jumped on quickly this morning before work to see if the Servers were back up and running (Rare stopped new players entering the game last night due to overload) and chose a single person sloop and to sail alone - do you get the chance to change this when you log back on?
Old 21-03-2018, 11:58 AM
Pure Codology

Yeah, every time you log on you choose ship and crew.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 21-03-2018, 11:59 AM
Pure Codology

Yeah, every time you log on you choose ship and crew.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 21-03-2018, 12:05 PM
Charlton(R)

Bobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Played until 3am. Already forging stories upon the seas, including sinking the ship of a crew on an island after nicking their treasure haha
Old 21-03-2018, 02:08 PM
Non T-Total

Lion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle987 View Post
Jumped on quickly this morning before work to see if the Servers were back up and running (Rare stopped new players entering the game last night due to overload) and chose a single person sloop and to sail alone - do you get the chance to change this when you log back on?
You can't change the look of your pirate without losing all progress though, so pick carefully!
Old 21-03-2018, 02:16 PM
Non T-Total

Lion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle View Post
Was great to sail the seas with you, Lion; by golly you're an efficient pirate.

Apologies for bailing when I did, I hit the wall of three hours' sleep whilst fixing a cuppa.

Will be back on tonight.

Argh-hargh!
Haha - I assumed you wouldn't be back! Ended up on a slope with a buddy till 2am, at one point engaged in a four slope battle where I climbed aboard another ship and committed suicide by blowing up some gunpowder in their hold. It was worth it as it destroyed their ship and their treasure was stolen!
Old 21-03-2018, 07:09 PM
Pure Codology

You rotter!

These posts sum up what I love about this game, like bobsta said, it's the stories that unfold.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 21-03-2018, 07:13 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
This sounds fun. Might grab it after pay day.
Old 22-03-2018, 08:20 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
This sounds fun. Might grab it after pay day.
Do bear in mind that SE5 can make Civilisation sound like a story-laden barrel of laughs.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 22-03-2018, 09:33 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Do bear in mind that SE5 can make Civilisation sound like a story-laden barrel of laughs.
Fair point.

I've watched some gameplay videos and it looks decent, but like all games like this, it will all depend on having a decent crew to play with.
Old 22-03-2018, 11:49 AM
Pure Codology

Not sure whether to take the above as a compliment or a slight upon my somewhat diminished honour.

Lion told me a funny one whilst we were sailing the seas together.

He and his mate were in a two person sloop and had picked up a barrel of gunpowder. The barrels can be traded with the Merchant Alliance or used to blow up near or on (if you sneak them aboard) other pirate vessels. Anyway, they picked this barrel, left it on their deck and carried on their way. They sailed into a storm at some point and both went below deck to look at the map and plot their course. As they were stood over the map- BOOM!- they both died instantly.

A fork of lightning had struck the barrel and blown them to kingdom come!

I didn't get on last night as I was still mullered from staying up all night on release day, but will definitely be on tonight.

@ Brighton_Eagle it's true that you need a good crew, but my experience thus far is that the majority of folk on there are sound and up for a giggle. I have made more virtual friends playing this game than any other, I've a mate from Sweden, one from Denmark, two Canadian sisters, a French lady, an hilarious Italian gent, four laconic Americans and a salty sea dog from Norfolk, who told me I'm the unluckiest pirate he'd ever come across. I'm even friends with someone who types but doesn't speak, (s)he is well up for a giggle.

In fairness, a lot of these bonds were formed in the alpha and beta testing; there will undoubtedly be more twats on there now. The only one I've come across was an American who was jumping around the Ferry Of The Damned shouting 'F***ing n****rs!' over and over again. I would have reported him, but it was whilst I was showing my 6 year olds the game, so had to shut down quickly as it was coming through the speakers. Luckily they thought he was shouting 'funny knickers.' He's the only prick I've come across so far though.

The game is fun, but it's built entirely on the interaction of people and clambering aboard a boat of strangers can bring some great memories and friendships, so don't worry about just having a crew that you sail with. The random option is often brilliant too.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 22-03-2018, 12:24 PM
Lovely

Excellent. I'm sold and will grab the game as soon as I can. I've a bunch of people I play GTA online with, and I'm suggesting they all get this game too.
Old 23-03-2018, 02:46 AM
Non T-Total

Tonight has to be up there with the single most funny and surreal video game sessions I've ever had. This is honestly one of the best games I've played for a long time, so so good.
Old 23-03-2018, 09:17 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
I know someone who's been working on it.... think they've been working their nuts off to get this going so great to see such positive reviews
Old 23-03-2018, 09:34 AM
Pure Codology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
Tonight has to be up there with the single most funny and surreal video game sessions I've ever had. This is honestly one of the best games I've played for a long time, so so good.
It was SO funny.

Definitely one of the best games ever made; pure chaos.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 23-03-2018, 09:41 AM
Pure Codology

@ Reps AJ, he or she should be f'king proud of themselves.

The game is simply brilliant and brilliantly simple.

Sir Clinton Morrison