Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Betting

Notices

World of Betting Betting forum. Please bet responsibly: begambleaware.org

Old 22-12-2002, 07:58 AM
leviathan

ozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Papster
Falkirk are always in my accumulators when at home, very reliable.

Haven't had much luck recently, and this weekend not looking much better Hereford always seem to win when I back a team to beat em
i think it's one in 10....

not a good weekend,
chester failed to score, rushden couldn't get over carlisle.

surely palace can defend well enough to keep today for under 3 goals ?

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 23-12-2002, 11:51 AM

Plugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to Ollie
Boxing Day

Ok, i'm going large. Very confident (bold statement in my form) I have three shoe-ins for Boxing Day. I top class treble.

Forest away to Sheff Wed, 1/1 with Paddy Power.
Coventry home to Reading, 6/5 with Paddy Power.
Crewe away to Cheltenham, 6/5 with Paddy Power.

Of the three, Forest look maximum wager material. Confident you could get around 2.2 on Betfair.

One last thing. Would you back Palace at say 5.5, or lay Portsmouth at about 1.6 ?

Maybe two games are the same under Iain Dowie?
Old 26-12-2002, 05:15 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re: Boxing Day

Quote:
Originally posted by Plugster

One last thing. Would you back Palace at say 5.5, or lay Portsmouth at about 1.6 ?
Just got back from the in-laws for Xmas and been itching to get internet coverage so I could lay Pompey at 1.6. 1-1 at present and I feel like I will be regrettiung not placing the bet before Christmas. Let's see how the last 30 mins pans out - I may well be pleased I didn't do the bet.
Old 27-12-2002, 05:36 PM
JD on ice

Papster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsPapster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsPapster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsPapster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsPapster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsPapster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsPapster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsPapster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsPapster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsPapster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsPapster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Just when you think your luck can't get any worse, I pick:

Chelsea to beat Soton
Forest to beat Weds
Norwich tobeat Scum
Derby to beat Grimsby
Rangers to win
Celtic to win

Old 27-12-2002, 06:01 PM

Plugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to Ollie
Was it Meat Loaf who said.....

...."Two out of three ain't bad".

Needed Forest for a lovely treble yesterday, but they let me down and showed a small loss.

Four good ones again for this weekend.

Leeds at home to Chelsea at around 3.0. Surely they have fromed this book the wrong way round ? Chelsea as short as 2.2. Utter madness.

Luton away to Wycombe. Massive morale boosting win against Cardiff on Boxing Day. Good record away from home. To big at 2.78.

Crewe at home to Oldham. In as good a form as any team in the league (well sort of). Been a real punters pal to me this season. They have come in for me five or six times. Haven't backed them when they've let me down. Scoring loads and not letting many in. Get on at 1.98.

Finally I really like Derby away to Reading. Derby can beat anybody on their day, but are an in and out side. Readings good run has come to an end, big time. Its no coincidence that they have lost all three games since Matt Upson went back to Arsenal. Not scoring goals either. Derby to big at 4.0.

Whack them all in a Yankee and back them individually.

Old 27-12-2002, 10:42 PM

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re: Re: Boxing Day

Quote:
Originally posted by Grim Reaper
Just got back from the in-laws for Xmas and been itching to get internet coverage so I could lay Pompey at 1.6. 1-1 at present and I feel like I will be regrettiung not placing the bet before Christmas. Let's see how the last 30 mins pans out - I may well be pleased I didn't do the bet.
Doh! I told me so!

Just thinking about it, with the advent of betfair.com the bet every week has simply got to be to lay whoever Palace are playing. OK, so we don't win all the time but just seven losses in nearly 30 games in all comps (six in 25 in league) is a very handy record.

Like the sound of your tips Plugster. I'll be off to betfair in a mo to nab some of that value. Outstanding pick with the Crewe result at Cheltenham by the way.
Old 28-12-2002, 01:18 AM

Grimsby at 2.88 looks good. They've just won 2/2 while Norwich are on the slide and even slumped at home to the Seaweed!!!

Typically it was 2.9 when I looked. By the time I'd compared it to the other odds it had gone down to 2.86, which I snapped up. Just looked again and now the odds are 2.88!!!

Palace can be snapped up for 280/1 to win the FA Cup yet even at that price it's dead money.
Old 28-12-2002, 01:46 AM
Banned by Moderators

daz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Do yourselves a favour and listen to me - back Blackpool at a shade of odds-on to beat Colchester!!! Also consider the value in Luton away at Wycombe and Hull away at York (7/4 on WillHill). They're my tips for this w/e. Good luck everybody.
Old 28-12-2002, 05:50 PM

Quote:

The other teams to continually look for are Inverness (although with their manager redently departing they might be on on teh slide) Falkirk (aweome at home) and Raith. Happy punting and keep those tips coming!
Inverness 4-1 AWAY
Falkirk 5-0
Raith 3-0 AWAY

Why on earth do I tip these teams then not follow them up with regular bets. Only had Raith in my acca today. Two mins to go - a goal for either Sheffield team will win me money. PLEEEEASE!

Good tip to the poster above on Blackpool by the way - likewise the Leeds tip. Shame I didn't follow them

Hey, wait a minue , the Seaweed have just scored two in two mins. Two winning and three drawing on my Ten trebles from five teams. Come on you stinking Seaweed or Sheffield teams!!!!!
Old 28-12-2002, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Inverness 4-1 AWAY
Falkirk 5-0
Raith 3-0 AWAY

Two mins to go - a goal for either Sheffield team will win me money.
Make that Sheffield United. Stupid Wednesday have gone 3-2 down.
Old 29-12-2002, 08:13 AM
leviathan

ozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
plugster seems to have found some form, but he needs to.

for sunday, try newcastle spurs over 2 goals, and cardiff to drill huddersfield.

To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
Old 29-12-2002, 12:35 PM

Newcastle v Spurs

Get on Betfair NOW, and back Newcastle at 2.06. Unbelievable price. They were even as big as 2.08 ten minutes ago.

Old 29-12-2002, 12:42 PM

Better Form Now

Now that I feel I am in a better bit of from now, I'll look ahead to New Years Day.

Definatley like the chances of Luton away to Chesterfield. For all the reasons I backed them against Wycombe on Saturday. See if you can get some 3.0.

After seeing Preston yesterday, I would be betting against them with Stoke. Stoke are slowly turning their form around and are scoring more goals. I thought Preston were really quite poor. Looks like they are staring to miss the presence of Ricado Fuller, especially in away games. Look for some 3.0.

Any body got any early fancies for the FA Cup ? Theres got to be a chance of a few shocks. Got a slight fance for Bristol City away to Leicester.

Old 29-12-2002, 12:54 PM

congress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How does the betfair work, I can understand the backing 2.8 is equal to 2.8-1?

I dont understand the laying procedure.
Old 29-12-2002, 06:09 PM
leviathan

Cashola

Quote:
Originally posted by ozeagle
plugster seems to have found some form, but he needs to.

for sunday, try newcastle spurs over 2 goals, and cardiff to drill huddersfield.
done it again Plugster, hope you were on..

i'll inspect your NYD tips, post mine later tonight, good man !

Old 30-12-2002, 07:57 AM
leviathan

Re: Better Form Now

Quote:
Originally posted by Plugster
Definatley like the chances of Luton away to Chesterfield. For all the reasons I backed them against Wycombe on Saturday. See if you can get some 3.0.

After seeing Preston yesterday, I would be betting against them with Stoke. Stoke are slowly turning their form around and are scoring more goals. I thought Preston were really quite poor. Looks like they are staring to miss the presence of Ricado Fuller, especially in away games. Look for some 3.0.

Any body got any early fancies for the FA Cup ? Theres got to be a chance of a few shocks. Got a slight fance for Bristol City away to Leicester.
right, here we go:
don't like either of Plugster's...Chesterfield are strong at home, and Stoke just plain pants, Preston are the draw specialists..

for a good win, couple the following in an accumulator

yeovil over forest green
bournemouth over swansea
crewe over mansfield...
get over 3.0

then load the lot on Palace at Blackpool at 2.3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 30-12-2002, 10:29 AM

Feather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFeather : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by congress
How does the betfair work, I can understand the backing 2.8 is equal to 2.8-1?
No, these are decimal odds and are the returns including your stake. For example, if you put a quid on something at 2.8 you get £2.80 back, including your stake. It is the equivalent of 1.8/1.
Old 30-12-2002, 06:29 PM
JD on ice

Papster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsPapster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsPapster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsPapster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsPapster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsPapster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsPapster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsPapster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsPapster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsPapster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsPapster is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Gone for:
Yeovil win
Bournemouth win
Plymouth to do Cheltnam @8/13
Lincoln to do Boston at evens(I know, it's a derby, but Boston are pony)
Old 31-12-2002, 03:33 PM

New Years Day Fixtures

Going large.

Leicester away to Reading, 13/10.
Blackpool at home to Huddersfield, 8/13.
Cardiff at home to Swindon, 4/9.
Luton away to Chesterfield, 7/4.
Wigan at home to Notts County, 4/11.
Bristol City away to Wycombe, 11/10.

Stick them all in a Heinz 57 with Paddy Power. Good Luck.

Old 01-01-2003, 10:25 AM

Wayne Rooney

Is the 5/4 with Paddy Power that Wayne Rooney plays for England at any time, the best of the novelty type bets ? Looks like a really good bet in my eyes. The Racing Post seems to think you will only have to wait until Feburary when we play Australia at Upton Park.