Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Betting

Notices

World of Betting Betting forum. Please bet responsibly: begambleaware.org

Old 14-12-2003, 04:07 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is here
Ajax scoring 10.min from time, I'm still alive in this competition
Old 14-12-2003, 04:09 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is hereStigma Sam the man is here
Rafael Van der Vaart = the man!
Old 14-12-2003, 04:43 PM

Plugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to OlliePlugster belongs to Ollie
Betting Masters II

My final two points are being used on:

Leeds v Fulham, Mark Viduka to score first, 11/2 with Blue Sq. 2pt's.

Really need to get my money back from yesterday. Had a single on Valladolid over Murcia at 1.74.

Maybe two games are the same under Iain Dowie?
Old 14-12-2003, 05:14 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Here we go then. If this lot comes in I'll be on 16-17 points which should be enough to qualify.

Swedish - Men's Elite - HAMMARBY IF v H 43 - HAMMARBY IF 1.57
Swedish - Men's Elite - IFK MALMÖ HF v IK SÄVEHOF - SÄVEHOF 1.10
NHL Sunday 14/12 - DALLAS STARS at CHICAGO - Total Under 5.5 1.45
Canadian OHL - SAGINAW at SUDBURY - Win SUDBURY WOLVES 1.10
Canadian OHL - KINGSTON at TORONTO - TORONTO 1.35
Canadian QMJHL - CHICOUTIMI at VAL-D'OR - VAL-D'OR FOREURS 1.30
Canadian QMJHL - VICTORIAVILLE at GATINEAU - GATINEAU 1.20
German DEL- ERC INGOLSTADT v FREIBURG - ERC INGOLSTADT 1.35
Finnish Women's SM-liiga - VIESTI v PLOKI - Sets VIESTI - 3-0 1.60

Acca pays 12.53 which, added to my 3.9, will give me a total of 16.43.

I'm due some luck with this Masters series.
Old 14-12-2003, 05:49 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Grim Reaper
I take it from this post you're annoyed at the lack of response.

Here we go then.

This explanation gives you the basics which can be applied to most bookmaking sites.

Pick a certain amount of matches i.e. 5. Once placed you go the site's 'paying screen' and inmost cases you'll be offered the opportunity to pick exactly which bet you'd like.

From five selections you can choose the method you currently go for which is a single accumulator. All five come in, you're rich - if one fails you, you lose everything.

If however, you select fourfolds as your bet, you only need four of your five to come in to win something. What you are actually doing is placing five separate bets i.e. the five different permutations of four selections you can have from a pool of five. Beware, this also means you have to place 5 times your stake to cover each of the bets.

With trebles from 5 selections (a personal favourite of mine) only three have to come in for you to make money but you're doing ten seprate trebles within that selection.

Likewise with doubles you only two to come in to win money. However, unless the odds for each leg are pretty good then doubles can be a waste of time. If you get two in you're unlikely to cover your stake anyway.

My pseronal preference MOST of the time is to pick the option where you canget two wrong and still win something back. If I pick seven selections I'll go for fivefold and from five I go for trebles. Don't know if mathematically I'm doing the right thing but it tends to work for me. I like the idea of having the safety net of getting one wrong and still winning a nice amount and getting twow rong and roughly covering my stake.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help so far mate, just a few questions
Quote:
What you are actually doing is placing five separate bets i.e. the five different permutations of four selections you can have from a pool of five. Beware, this also means you have to place 5 times your stake to cover each of the bets.
So if i bet £1 on each team to win for a 4 fold how much would have to bet ??? 5 x £1 = £5 then times that by 5 ??

Sorry i'm just a bit confused about how much i have to put down.

Plus what is a good site to set up an account on ??

Many thanks to you Grim
Old 14-12-2003, 05:55 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Arsenal destroyed my first multi, with just the one goal in it.
And now Wolfsburg are trailing...happy days..
Old 14-12-2003, 05:57 PM

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Slight change of tactics being advised by REAPERBET tonight. Just three games in NHL so do each of these as singles and I'm confident some form of profit will be made.

Making profit if I do singles on these bets yet I keep doing accas which results in up and down monetary rewards. Going to try this method and see what happens.

DALLAS STARS at CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS
Game Total Win Under 5.5 1.45

EDMONTON OILERS at ANAHEIM MIGHTY DUCKS
Game Total Win Over 5.5 2.12

CAROLINA HURRICANES at VANCOUVER CANUCKS
Game Total Win Under 5.5 1.70

Note: Any 2 win and you'll be in profit
Old 14-12-2003, 06:00 PM

Basic scoreboard sponsored by REAPERBET

Plugster 23.42
LLCOOL 17 or so
fredman 8.4
oz (6?)
stigma 4.59
Grim 3.9 1 to play
late mail 3.54
SE24 0 5 to play
el mico 0?

With this in mind my 12/1 acca probably isn't needed - should have halved that and I'd probably still get through on about 10 points.

Old 14-12-2003, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stigma
Arsenal destroyed my first multi, with just the one goal in it.
And now Wolfsburg are trailing...happy days..
What's your updated position stigma?
Old 14-12-2003, 06:01 PM

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Got on Dunfermiline at 11/10 after half time, nice.

Now Galatassaray, Monaco, Roma treble.

Last edited by LLCOOLSTEVE; 14-12-2003 at 09:42 PM.
Old 14-12-2003, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stavros 69
Thanks for your help so far mate, just a few questions

So if i bet £1 on each team to win for a 4 fold how much would have to bet ??? 5 x £1 = £5 then times that by 5 ??

You're actually in effect betting on five fourfolds. You decide what your stake is i.e. £1 on each fourfold then multiply by the amount of fourfolds you'rebetting (i.e. from five selections there are five fourfolds)

Centrebet is good for the more obscure sports, particualrly Nordic ones.

I like the look and feel of bet365 and Stan James is also good. Paddy Power gives great football coverage and OK tennis coverage but the strange thing with that is it doesn't indicate what you might win on a bet until you've gone ahead and place the bet which can be annoying if, like me, you want to know what you might win and want to adjust your stake accordingly.

Personally I don't rate ladbrokes or Coral. For some reason HIlls is my jinx site so naturally I rarely use it.

Blue Square can be good and can often throw up some interesting offers for free bets etc. via e-mail.
Old 14-12-2003, 06:15 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
You're actually in effect betting on five fourfolds. You decide what your stake is i.e. £1 on each fourfold then multiply by the amount of fourfolds you'rebetting (i.e. from five selections there are five fourfolds)

Centrebet is good for the more obscure sports, particualrly Nordic ones.

I like the look and feel of bet365 and Stan James is also good. Paddy Power gives great football coverage and OK tennis coverage but the strange thing with that is it doesn't indicate what you might win on a bet until you've gone ahead and place the bet which can be annoying if, like me, you want to know what you might win and want to adjust your stake accordingly.

Personally I don't rate ladbrokes or Coral. For some reason HIlls is my jinx site so naturally I rarely use it.

Blue Square can be good and can often throw up some interesting offers for free bets etc. via e-mail.
God i must be stupid because i still cant get my head around it.

Ok so your betting on 5 fourfolds. So 4 out of the 5 teams come in you win somthing. But it was the sake etc.. which confuses me. Sorry. So if i put 1£ on each would i have to put down £25 for it!!
Old 14-12-2003, 06:24 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Quote:
What's your updated position stigma?
I've still only got the 4,59 points, but I am still alive in my last multi.
Have got in Ajax and Juventus , currently 1-1 in Wolfsburg, need another goal from them there in the second half, and also have Roma later on tonight. If they go in, I will end up with the sum: 3,87 totaling an odds of: 8.46, Just over Fredman !? But I think he still got some points to play..
Old 14-12-2003, 06:37 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
A bit late but here are some NFL bets for you

Bengals 20/31
Rams 10/31
RAvens 10/31
Panthers 10/31
Saints 5/17
Titans 10/27

1 pt on the acca
pays 6.75

Packers 20/47
Patriots 5/16
Rams 10/31

2 pts on the treble
pays 5

NY Jets 5/8
Bears +7.5 20/47
Oak Raiders +10.5 20/39

1 pt on the treble
pays 3.5

1 point left to play
Old 14-12-2003, 06:37 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Odds from bet365
Old 14-12-2003, 07:14 PM

Odds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
5pts Steve Redgrave Golden Sports Personality 1.4 Betfair
1pt Sevilla 3.6 Betfair
4pts Carolina 1.4

All in
Old 14-12-2003, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Odds Against
5pts Steve Redgrave Golden Sports Personality 1.4 Betfair
1pt Sevilla 3.6 Betfair
4pts Carolina 1.4

All in
You sly old dog Odds Against - You've got 7 in the bank straight away on the Redgrave bet and the Carolina bet should see you up to comfortable profit and a likely semi spot. Is this the day where we finally see some form from the of the the Betting Thread?????
Old 14-12-2003, 07:54 PM

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Still tearing your hair out I see Grim. Do you make a reasonable enough living a year to justify the stress? I amk genuinely interested as I like the occasional dabble myself. I used to be addicted to gambling on horses but now I can take them or leave them. Usually when i take them I lose, so I leave them for a few weeks. But if Brilliant red wins at Lingfield gaian and I miss it, i shall scream!!!!!
Old 14-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Norwegian red and blue

I got my last multi football bet in, meaning that I ended up with the total sum of: 8.46
Surely not going to be good enough that, but at least I earned some money in real life!
Old 14-12-2003, 11:22 PM
leviathan

ozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
i'm out of the betting masters, not too displeased though, must admit apart from the h2h format, i lost a great deal of interest..far too hrd to track.

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.