Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 02-03-2018, 12:29 PM
Hello Dave!

Location: The Pandemonium Carnival, Coming to a town near you...soon!
Edenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEdenbridge Eagle In Exile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Loic Remy Mk2.............. When will we learn to trust the Blue Scum from SW London....
Old 02-03-2018, 12:40 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregz41 View Post
A small ray of sunshine. If we can get him up to speed for the final 6 games of the season, he'll be a big asset.
Since RLC is the only player we've had in central midfield likely to fashion a goal since we came up and the only reliably creative player we have in the entire squad is injured, I would tend to agree RLC will be an 'asset.'
Old 02-03-2018, 12:47 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
How do we know until we give them a chance? Bissaka played well on Sunday for example. What's the point in playing an average defender in TFM and holding back someone like Bissaka?

My point is that players like RC and TFM are hardly world beaters - they are good-ish players but all we do is make them better and hand them back to the parent club, paying a large loan fee and wages in the process.

I can understand newly promoted clubs doing that but not clubs in their fifth year in the premier league. Otherwise we may as well ditch our academy.
I do get the point and agree 100% if we have the quality of player available but I think it's a bit of stretch to think that we have a Ruben in our youth team that the general footballing world has overlooked. Bissaka did well but too early to tell (for me) how well equipped he is at this stage but sure the coaches know. Pretty sure that SP would be over the moon if we can find players in the youth team for all sorts of reasons.

What is good news is that the standard of youngster coming through now/next few years is a step up from what we have had before.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:52 PM

costello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcostello came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bissaka did ok but we do tend to look on "our own" with rose-tinted specs. If TFM was one of our boys we would be raving about him.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:42 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I do get the point and agree 100% if we have the quality of player available but I think it's a bit of stretch to think that we have a Ruben in our youth team that the general footballing world has overlooked. Bissaka did well but too early to tell (for me) how well equipped he is at this stage but sure the coaches know. Pretty sure that SP would be over the moon if we can find players in the youth team for all sorts of reasons.

What is good news is that the standard of youngster coming through now/next few years is a step up from what we have had before.
RLC is clearly a good player but I don't think he's made much of a contribution this season - I'm not sure how worthwhile that use of a loan has been. I'd love us to sign him if it were not for his constant injuries. He's a very good player in the making though but can't help but feel we are simply developing another team's prospect.

Hope you're right on your last point - it's been too long since we had players coming through so hopefully Bissaka is the start.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:43 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello View Post
Bissaka did ok but we do tend to look on "our own" with rose-tinted specs. If TFM was one of our boys we would be raving about him.
I would be raving about him because you would accept his shortcomings and understand that it's worth investing him in now ans taking a chance as he'll improve over time. He'll be a better player by the end of the season but then we'll lose him. It's not worth the effort imo. I'd love us to sign TMF if we could though.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:50 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I would be raving about him because you would accept his shortcomings and understand that it's worth investing him in now ans taking a chance as he'll improve over time. He'll be a better player by the end of the season but then we'll lose him. It's not worth the effort imo. I'd love us to sign TMF if we could though.
TFM has looked ok in parts. But definitely better as an athletic Right Back. For someone who came in actually as a Centre Back initially he has really struggled there.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:51 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles View Post
He does indeed and I think we will see him back as he will be desperate to be on the plane to Russia. If we could get those two back and Sakho mans up by the time we play Huddersfield we may have a chance going into last seven games.
Absolutely if all 3 return and stay fit we stay up imo.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:04 PM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Absolutely if all 3 return and stay fit we stay up imo.
Reckon if we get RLC and Wickham going again we could be in with a chance of a European berth, be good to draw Grasshoppers as I like the name.
"Thats the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 02-03-2018, 02:18 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
RLC is clearly a good player but I don't think he's made much of a contribution this season - I'm not sure how worthwhile that use of a loan has been. I'd love us to sign him if it were not for his constant injuries. He's a very good player in the making though but can't help but feel we are simply developing another team's prospect.

Hope you're right on your last point - it's been too long since we had players coming through so hopefully Bissaka is the start.
Has it occured to you that the reason we do this is three fold a) most of our youth players are L1/Champ standard b) we build a relationship with the loaning club c) if that player decides to leave or if we go in for them then we know the player, he knows us, we have a preexisting relationship and he knows if he's not the primary he's the secondary choice and over the season will get a decent run in the team as opposed to staying at the training ground.

He made a pretty big contribution to the unbeaten run Before we had Wilf, Andros and RLC for teams to deal with now it's just Andros and we're suffering big time in the creation stakes. You saw this against Spuds. If we could actually sign both RLC and TFM and add a winger or two in addition to Guaite coming in. Then we'll have had a decent window I think especially with Jimmy and Cabaye being out of contract and our clear interest in Amadou at least one of them is not going to be getting his contract renewed.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 02-03-2018 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Has it occured to you that the reason we do this is three fold a) most of our youth players are L1/Champ standard b) we build a relationship with the loaning club c) if that player decides to leave or if we go in for them then we know the player, he knows us, we have a preexisting relationship and he knows if he's not the primary he's the secondary choice and over the season will get a decent run in the team as opposed to staying at the training ground.

He made a pretty big contribution to the unbeaten run Before we had Wilf, Andros and RLC for teams to deal with now it's just Andros and we're suffering big time in the creation stakes. You saw this against Spuds. If we could actually sign both RLC and TFM and add a winger or two in addition to Guaite coming in. Then we'll have had a decent window I think especially with Jimmy and Cabaye being out of contract and our clear interest in Amadou at least one of them is not going to be getting his contract renewed.
If we could sign RLC and TFM then I agree it would be well worth it. Maybe we have a chance but the noises coming out of both clubs seems to suggest they will go back next season.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:42 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Read elsewhere (admittedly on the BBS) that RLC might be back for Huddersfield? Did Roy confirm that?
Old 06-03-2018, 11:11 PM

sl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesyUCLA View Post
Read elsewhere (admittedly on the BBS) that RLC might be back for Huddersfield? Did Roy confirm that?
Unlikely as he broke down in his first training session with a new injury, I think Roy is hoping hes back at the club after the Chelsea game but no indication of when he could feature in the team again.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:42 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
If we could sign RLC and TFM then I agree it would be well worth it. Maybe we have a chance but the noises coming out of both clubs seems to suggest they will go back next season.
Maybe so but let's not forget the players want to play imagine barely getting a run of matches then becoming a first team player getting to play the big boys then going back to never making the bench or making three appearances in the league and a few early cup appearances. Chelsea in particular have far too many youth players to ever fit in their squad and it's how they generate funds through player sales and loan fees so if RLC throws the toys out of the pram then you never know or another loan with first refusal might be possible.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:44 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Maybe so but let's not forget the players want to play imagine barely getting a run of matches then becoming a first team player getting to play the big boys then going back to never making the bench or making three appearances in the league and a few early cup appearances. Chelsea in particular have far too many youth players to ever fit in their squad and it's how they generate funds through player sales and loan fees so if RLC throws the toys out of the pram then you never know or another loan with first refusal might be possible.
Too injury prone sadly.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:24 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl6 Eagle View Post
Unlikely as he broke down in his first training session with a new injury
Not that I don't believe you, but is this being reported anywhere?

Personally not seen any other news of this new injury recently. There was talk about 6 weeks back of a second injury, which I believe is the one that actually has been the long one.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:51 AM
This was a triumph.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Too injury prone sadly.
Not played enough competitive football and he's still growing essentially. That little run of matches with us is the longest he's had ever had playing.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:33 AM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello View Post
In his two games he has kept Lamela, Young and Rashford quiet. No small feat that for a youngster. Not saying hes the new Clyne but he has certainly played well above expectations
Old 07-03-2018, 09:42 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post

Personally not seen any other news of this new injury recently. There was talk about 6 weeks back of a second injury, which I believe is the one that actually has been the long one.
From the Daily Mail last week:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 07-03-2018, 09:43 AM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post

To view the link you have to Register or Login