Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-07-2017, 10:08 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Several Tory MPs claiming it was nothing to do with him.

Tim Loughton and Chris Philp both lying through their teeth on Twitter.
Not surprised. @ABCommuters deserve massive credit.
Old 19-07-2017, 10:10 PM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Are the public not allowed public transport on Christmas Day?
He's a big fan of you drivers, dont forget....
Old 19-07-2017, 10:19 PM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Maz, care to respond to the fact that:

1. you said drivers should work Christmas day
2. millions of people are affected
3. I'm a cleaner (and even if i was, that was worth an insult?)

So where do you stand?
Old 19-07-2017, 10:26 PM
Bring him back!

Latvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLatvian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I think in one way or another we all hope that. I can just see it going round and round in circles though. Was just looking on Facebook and Maria Caulfield is sticking her ore in saying she has helped make this happen etc.
Oar? Or Ore?
Old 19-07-2017, 10:28 PM
Vendere e vincere

Looking forward to the apology..
Old 19-07-2017, 10:35 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian View Post
Oar? Or Ore?
Predictive text init.
Old 19-07-2017, 10:54 PM
Vendere e vincere

So Maz, it turns out I'm longer standing than you (despite your allegation ) and that I am a lawyer. Despite you calling me a cleaner (to what end, it isn't clear).

Where does that leave you in terms of insulting me you snob?

Are you able to answer that or do u need help? Your wife seems quite successful, hopefully she can guide you.
Old 19-07-2017, 10:57 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post

Are you able to answer that or do u need help? Your wife seems quite successful, hopefully she can guide you.
Why do you mention his wife? Seen it on a few of your recent posts. Do you know the Maz's personally?
Old 19-07-2017, 11:03 PM

vitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I think in one way or another we all hope that. I can just see it going round and round in circles though. Was just looking on Facebook and Maria Caulfield is sticking her ore in saying she has helped make this happen etc.
Well she did meet with ASLEF at Westminster on July 18th, the same day the Stephen Lloyd MP for Eastbourne met ASLEF and the RMT. She said it was a cross party meeting with the Greens, Lib Dems and herself, so maybe she does deserve some credit after all? Chris Graying should follow their lead?

She said the Mick Whelan said the overtime ban was in relation to DOO, but the planned strikes in August were about pay. Make of that what you will!
Old 19-07-2017, 11:05 PM
Vendere e vincere

Maz is very happy to belittle everyone. I'm a lawyer and he supported an argument in which to persuade I was a cleaner not a lawyer. Pretty low, scummish really. Nothing wrong with being a cleaner unless you use the occupation to denigrate someone.

Word on the street is that Maz is employed in a nothing role by his sympathetic wife. May or may not be wrong. No doubt he will correct you once he's tidied up the kitchen.

Last edited by Popester; 19-07-2017 at 11:08 PM.
Old 19-07-2017, 11:06 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Several Tory MPs claiming it was nothing to do with him.

Tim Loughton and Chris Philp both lying through their teeth on Twitter.
it sort of sounds a bit too good to be true. Maybe Grayling is gonna throw the hammer down or something........ and maybe as there have been whispers of, he has the ability to give all southern drivers 12 weeks notice.....and then reemploy them as Thameslink drivers on Thameslink contracts......tiny rumours that may not have any substance, but....................................
Old 19-07-2017, 11:07 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Well she did meet with ASLEF at Westminster on July 18th, the same day the Stephen Lloyd MP for Eastbourne met ASLEF and the RMT. She said it was a cross party meeting with the Greens, Lib Dems and herself, so maybe she does deserve some credit after all? Chris Graying should follow their lead?

She said the Mick Whelan said the overtime ban was in relation to DOO, but the planned strikes in August were about pay. Make of that what you will!
Mick Whelan sent me a letter saying this wasn't a strike about pay... Who do you trust... Politician or union fella?
Old 19-07-2017, 11:10 PM
Vendere e vincere

Or the union that say it's about pay. On their website.

Sorry but they've caused you to lose the argument

Last edited by Popester; 19-07-2017 at 11:14 PM.
Old 19-07-2017, 11:11 PM
Vendere e vincere

The end is nigh...
Old 19-07-2017, 11:14 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
Or the union that say it's about pay. On their website.

Sorry but they've caused you to lose tha argument
we all know the error... on the website it shouldve said "Pay Deal", which includes the DOO items we have been talking about.
Old 19-07-2017, 11:48 PM

vitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Mick Whelan sent me a letter saying this wasn't a strike about pay... Who do you trust... Politician or union fella?
Didn't ASLEF's own press release on the 13th July say the strike action was about pay?

If so, both sides are equally incompetent if you ask me?

I always read this thread and rarely contribute to it. But all the personal insults flying around from those on both sides of the argument are embarrassing to say the least. No wonder it's dragged on so long!

I salute the drivers in their moral support for disabled passengers but lets face it the original DOO argument has been lost and there is little chance of going back on that.

But is it the job of the unions to make a case for disabled passenger access? They are there to support their members not the travelling disabled public?

I hope in this modern world that there are more effective legal paths that will be taken in regard to disabled access for passengers on Southern without affecting the general commuting public.
Old 20-07-2017, 12:05 AM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Didn't ASLEF's own press release on the 13th July say the strike action was about pay?

If so, both sides are equally incompetent if you ask me?

I always read this thread and rarely contribute to it. But all the personal insults flying around from those on both sides of the argument are embarrassing to say the least. No wonder it's dragged on so long!

I salute the drivers in their moral support for disabled passengers but lets face it the original DOO argument has been lost and there is little chance of going back on that.

But is it the job of the unions to make a case for disabled passenger access? They are there to support their members not the travelling disabled public?

I hope in this modern world that there are more effective legal paths that will be taken in regard to disabled access for passengers on Southern without affecting the general commuting public.

The pay deal was loaded with T&C's, some of them T&C's discriminated against disabled passengers, so I won't agree to it. As Southern said their first offer was non negotiable, the offer wasn't put forward to drivers to vote on. I don't get the argument, it's not your fight, so accept the deal, take the money... and let the disabled take their chances in court.
Would you accept a pay rise in your line of work if you knew it screwed over the disabled? I think very few would.
Old 20-07-2017, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
The pay deal was loaded with T&C's, some of them T&C's discriminated against disabled passengers, so I won't agree to it. As Southern said their first offer was non negotiable, the offer wasn't put forward to drivers to vote on. I don't get the argument, it's not your fight, so accept the deal, take the money... and let the disabled take their chances in court.
Would you accept a pay rise in your line of work if you knew it screwed over the disabled? I think very few would.
As I said I salute your moral stance but TBH it's not likely too get you very far. It is the job of your union to represent train drivers not passengers regardless of their physical or mental status.

I abhor Southerns treatment and total disregard of disabled passengers but is it really your fight or your unions? Maybe morally but we don't live in a very moral society unfortunately.

Believe me I have worked in senior management positions where I have tried to stick up for those less well off or in difficult personal situations at home, without union support because it didn't exist in the industries I worked in. At the end of the day within big multinational companies and I am talking huge in comparison to Southern. Your card gets marked as anti establishment and you are hounded out by management or walk! I walked btw. I can tell you some stories about management that would make your toes curl! Believe me.

Nothing but respect for unions supporting their members. They should be in all industries but that isn't going to happen. Companies can change your T&C's at the drop of a hat in the private sector without any comeback because at the end of the day you need to pay your bills. It's not right but it's the selfish world we live in.

Last edited by vitesse; 20-07-2017 at 01:01 AM.
Old 20-07-2017, 01:45 AM

cod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
... It is the job of your union to represent train drivers not passengers regardless of their physical or mental status ...
Surely our society depends on us recognising that we should always try to do the right thing for the right reason? I would rather hope that the remit of the railway unions extends to helping ensure that the employers fulfill their basic, non-discriminatory obligations of providing a public service.
Old 20-07-2017, 05:29 AM
Vendere e vincere

Quote:
Originally Posted by cod View Post
Surely our society depends on us recognising that we should always try to do the right thing for the right reason? I would rather hope that the remit of the railway unions extends to helping ensure that the employers fulfill their basic, non-discriminatory obligations of providing a public service.
That's a worthy idea, but why should union members have to give up their pay to enforce the law? That's why we have independent bodies like the EHRC to hold discriminatory practices to account. I still don't understand why aslef hasnt put pressure on them to do something.