Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-11-2014, 01:18 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My view is that they are total bunch of fking cnuts.

They should lock the doors between the carriages once the train arrives.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
The people that walk down the carriages at the minute are a bit selfish in that, some of them presumably locate themselves fruther back to get a seat, but don't want the compromise of having a wait while Bridge is refurbished.

I go at the back, get a seat, but I know i'll have to wait. Do I think it is particularly safe or good value? No, but I accept that this is the state of play. Those that rush down the carriages must be really important, which begs the question, why don't they leave earlier?
Old 10-11-2014, 01:44 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Definitely selfish - they are blatantly trying to push in front of everyone else, and by all piling out of coach 1 cause the rest of us on the platform to be held up.
...and they stop the driver from changing ends, causing further delays.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:04 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Definitely selfish - they are blatantly trying to push in front of everyone else, and by all piling out of coach 1 cause the rest of us on the platform to be held up.
Don't you realise they are obviously way more important than everyone else on the train?!

Seriously though, it sounds a ghastly way to start your day. Defo hang back and avoid the crush whenever possible.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:13 PM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
People are selfish - who knew!
Old 10-11-2014, 03:13 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
They are like the drivers at roadworks on dual carriageways who stay in the outside lane and cut in at the last minute.
Well there's nothing wrong with that. Lane closures are designed so the traffic merges.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:26 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Well there's nothing wrong with that. Lane closures are designed so the traffic merges.
When theres a big feck off line of stationary traffic which I am waiting impatiently in, and some bastard decides not to 'merge' with it, but instead overtakes everyone else and then cuts in just before the roadworks, there's everything wrong with it. Its the most accurate similie I could apply to the situation at london bridge.

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:32 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
When theres a big feck off line of stationary traffic which I am waiting impatiently in, and some bastard decides not to 'merge' with it, but instead overtakes everyone else and then cuts in just before the roadworks, there's everything wrong with it. Its the most accurate similie I could apply to the situation at london bridge.
So where should they join the 'queue'? Using the full width of the road right up to the roadworks (where the lane closure is usually tapered to make merging easier) reduces congestion overall. Just because you don't make use of the lane doesn't mean others aren't allowed to.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
sometimes its unavoidable
Old 10-11-2014, 06:32 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
So where should they join the 'queue'? Using the full width of the road right up to the roadworks (where the lane closure is usually tapered to make merging easier) reduces congestion overall. Just because you don't make use of the lane doesn't mean others aren't allowed to.
Most people merge between the 800 and 600 yard markers, those that drive right up to the cones are your carriage walkers. I like it when a lorry pulls out into the other lane to force them to merge along with everyone else.

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:50 PM
"reluctant buyers"

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77 View Post
The people that walk down the carriages at the minute are a bit selfish in that, some of them presumably locate themselves fruther back to get a seat, but don't want the compromise of having a wait while Bridge is refurbished.

I go at the back, get a seat, but I know i'll have to wait. Do I think it is particularly safe or good value? No, but I accept that this is the state of play. Those that rush down the carriages must be really important, which begs the question, why don't they leave earlier?
I can't fathom why anyone would want to be crowded in the front carriages just so they can get a slight 'headstart' to the barriers.

The southern rail experience at LB is bad enough without having to stand the whole way.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:56 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
They are like the drivers at roadworks on dual carriageways who stay in the outside lane and cut in at the last minute. Someone should lock the gangway door so they get bottlenecked in the second carriage I think your approach makes the most sense though. Why get stressed out at the start of your day?
you notice how generally rude fellow passengers are.........

...train staff have to cope with this everyday.

*sympathy not expected*
Old 11-11-2014, 07:46 AM
Just living my life

nathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Power issues at waddon. Managed to get on a train from Sutton to Victoria via hackbridge
Old 11-11-2014, 08:49 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
So where should they join the 'queue'? Using the full width of the road right up to the roadworks (where the lane closure is usually tapered to make merging easier) reduces congestion overall.
No, it doesn't. The fact that the queuing traffic stops and starts to let the people that have left it to the last minute in adds to the congestion - it's basic physics.

That's why they have "congestion - stay in lane" signs - if people did, the traffic would flow much better.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:53 AM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Been ****ed by the waddon **** up. In at 930 again by the looks of it by going via clapham junction.

Well done southern you complete and utter bastards
Old 11-11-2014, 08:55 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
I hate it when there is a train already on the platform at East Croydon meaning that your train can't go...MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!!!
Old 11-11-2014, 08:56 AM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
you notice how generally rude fellow passengers are.........

...train staff have to cope with this everyday.

*sympathy not expected*
You know how hopelessly useless train staff are.....

Customers have to cope with this everyday.

*sympathy not expected *
Old 11-11-2014, 09:04 AM
Who give you extra?

My comment above was a little unfair but it's beyond belief they think it's acceptable the terrible advice they offer when things are going wrong. They should have better route knowledge than the customers as a bare minimum to find alternative routes.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:14 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
"We apologise for any delays" says the driver...like hell you do
Old 11-11-2014, 09:17 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehalifaxman View Post
Been ****ed by the waddon **** up. In at 930 again by the looks of it by going via clapham junction.

Well done southern you complete and utter bastards
You spelt Network Rail wrong.