Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 30-11-2016, 02:19 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
So only 1000 Drivers transporting 620K Passenger a day from for virtually 21 hrs a day 363 days of the year is pants then ?
If the service actually worked then it wouldn't be pants.

5 of the last 8 journeys in for my preferred route have been cancelled. I'd call that worse than pants.
Old 30-11-2016, 02:20 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
If the service actually worked then it wouldn't be pants.

5 of the last 8 journeys in for my preferred route have been cancelled. I'd call that worse than pants.
What route out of interest .

Still the same amount of passengers even with less trains though .
Old 30-11-2016, 02:26 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
the protests........ looking back were pathetic (in terms of numbers).
Not as well as they could have been, Iíll give you. (The one at Victoria was far better attended than I thought it was going to be though).

However, considering the amount of stations and routes people affected use and the different times, itís hardly that surprising that it wasnít bigger.
Iíd also imagine that so many people are affected by delays on a regular basis theyíd darenít ask to leave work early/get home late for Southern again.

However, I will stand by what I said earlier. No one should have to protest against a service they have to pay for.
If I wanted to protest against any other company, Iíd stop giving them my money. I donít have that choice.
Old 30-11-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
What route out of interest .

Still the same amount of passengers even with less trains though .
Because that IS a great service.

Sanderstead to London Bridge. It's also reduced from 12 carriages to 9.
Old 30-11-2016, 02:35 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
Because that IS a great service.

Sanderstead to London Bridge. It's also reduced from 12 carriages to 9.
I have waited calmly often for hours in Accident and Emergency due staff shortages but I don't complain , My family have had non urgent operations delayed due to strikes but I don't complain , I sympathise and understand despite paying a huge amount of tax , There is a difference in attitude between you and I towards life's challenges .

Is that really a great NHS service ? P.S they put my wife's life in danger by negligence but we didn't sue even though we could have .

Last edited by racehorse-80s; 30-11-2016 at 02:48 PM.
Old 30-11-2016, 02:51 PM

OriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
So are you blaming the drivers and guards following instructions and doing their job, the unions protecting their rights, the DfT, the government, or their bent pet franchise?

I think we need to get clarity on this point as it's important to know who to ignore or not.
Actually.. I'm blaming them all. Far too many sticky fingers in one pie.

It's a shambles. If there were some serious safety issues at stake then maybe i might have some sympathy. In reality this seems to me is its all d*ck waggling between the unions and the franchise. There is no room for it in this day and age. Change happens.

Last edited by OriginalNutter; 30-11-2016 at 02:55 PM.
Old 30-11-2016, 03:33 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalNutter View Post
Actually.. I'm blaming them all. Far too many sticky fingers in one pie.

It's a shambles. If there were some serious safety issues at stake then maybe i might have some sympathy. In reality this seems to me is its all d*ck waggling between the unions and the franchise. There is no room for it in this day and age. Change happens.

I wouldn't strike over dick waggling.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 30-11-2016, 04:15 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I really don't believe they've gone on strike anything like the number of days per year that the Southern passengers have had to endure in 2016. And let's also add in all those days after strike action when the service is still disrupted by trains etc being the wrong locations.

In the past 10 years our medical centre hasn't closed its doors, the school has always been open, our shops and restaurants haven't closed. The only strikes I recall were junior doctors (when emergency cover was there still) and a brief strike by some of the fire service...again there was temporary cover.

You know full well that train strikes (admittedly by different personnel and for different reasons) have hugely affected the travel of Southern passengers.
There have been approximately 15 days of strikes and industrial action this year by the RMT.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 30-11-2016, 04:18 PM

BB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBB Bob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
15 days plus the days of disruption either side in a 250 day working year (on average) is a statistically significant number.
Old 30-11-2016, 04:20 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I wouldn't strike over dick waggling.

dont bother posting these. The ones with their own agendas on here will just ignore those pics. It seems the RSSB also ignore these pics.

Ive heard that they have purposely been using 387s (which have better cameras, like the 377/6s) to do the DOO testing on the Hastings , Horsham lines etc.

So out of order. grrrrrrr.
Old 30-11-2016, 04:27 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
took me 3 1/2 hours to go from Barnham to London Bridge this morning. Train was terminated at Horsham, then the following train cancelled, and then two trains to London Bridge were cancelled having arrived at East Croydon. In the finish I had to go to Blackfriars before travelling back across.
Old 30-11-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
took me 3 1/2 hours to go from Barnham to London Bridge this morning. Train was terminated at Horsham, then the following train cancelled, and then two trains to London Bridge were cancelled having arrived at East Croydon. In the finish I had to go to Blackfriars before travelling back across.
Absolutely nothing to do with the strike action .
Old 30-11-2016, 04:53 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
17.25 to Guildford cancelled tonight.

When does the work to contracted hours start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 30-11-2016, 04:59 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
the protests........ looking back were pathetic (in terms of numbers).
Of course they were. They were at stations. People had to get trains to get there...
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 30-11-2016, 05:04 PM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
You can ignore my post a few pages ago where I listed what I've done. In case you didn't.

I claim Delay Repay every time.
I've written to my counselor and MP.
I went to the Southern Protest.

I also vent on here because there are many people who actually use the service on a regular basis who are also as pissed off as I am with having to shell out a small fortune each month to be treated like shit from most people associated with Southern from top to bottom.
Sorry haven't managed to read every single post as have trains to drive but I doth my cap to you. I was more aiming it at certains on here that seem to like to moan but not do anything about it.
Hope your voice is heard dude
Old 30-11-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
I have waited calmly often for hours in Accident and Emergency due staff shortages but I don't complain , My family have had non urgent operations delayed due to strikes but I don't complain , I sympathise and understand despite paying a huge amount of tax , There is a difference in attitude between you and I towards life's challenges .

Is that really a great NHS service ? P.S they put my wife's life in danger by negligence but we didn't sue even though we could have .
I know youíre not trying to compare the NHS to Southern.

However (take taxes out of it) we donít pay for the NHS and it is something as a country we should all be proud of. Their staff are treated far FAR worse than Southern staff.

If you were so unhappy with the NHS you could of course choose to go private if you wanted a quicker more efficient service.

Iíve also been in similar circumstances with the NHS (in the last 6 months alone both my wife and baby have had below average service at times), but they also do absolutely exceptional things.

I personally donít think the 2 should even be compared.
Old 30-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:

Well, that's a shite comparison - or does your wife need hospitalising twice daily, five days a week? Tax also does not pay dividends to wankers ...

Most decent people wouldn't sue the NHS if they could avoid it ...
Old 30-11-2016, 05:16 PM
Pilgrim Eagle

Location: On the road that leads from Horsham Eagle to Dorking.Eagle
John from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

Services will be affected from next Tuesday until forever - that must be the drivers' overtime ban - and on certain days pretty non-existent.
Old 30-11-2016, 05:28 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Well bit hard to say is it not seeing as we haven't actually had any strike days yet (drivers).
That's all well and good but we've been disrupted by the guards action for months.

ņa I said earlier I understand why the strikes are taking place and support the cause but it gets more difficult the longer it goes on for. When will it end what if Southern don't actuallyback down will strike action still be happening in a years time?
Old 30-11-2016, 05:31 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Southern Railway bastards