Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-11-2017, 09:43 PM
Scrambled Egg

Son of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
Absolutely! A masterpiece

Did anyone ever read Zit? That was even more offensive than Viz but I think by the time it came out Viz had the market wrapped up
Remember Zit but as you say it went out to be offensive for offensiveness. Viz always had (has?) that underlying satirical genius
Old 10-11-2017, 10:01 PM
Perchance to sleep

Hibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHibernator came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil's Barber View Post
Raffles the gentleman thug.
"All Bow Street Runners are illegitimate"
"Remove your decollétage from its corsetry for the delectation of the gentlemen present"
Old 10-11-2017, 10:20 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Er are you sure?! Not the sort of thing I would have told my Dad...
Get with the programme Grandad!
Old 10-11-2017, 10:56 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Er are you sure?! Not the sort of thing I would have told my Dad...
What's that? A joke?
Old 11-11-2017, 02:08 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by X75 View Post
Roger Mellie - the man on the telly.
"Bollocks."

Top Tip:
Save money on contact lenses. Simply cut out two small circles of cling film.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:10 AM

Russboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I remember Balsa Boy. Other obscure ones Black Bag the Faithful Border Bin Liner and Christ on a Bike. A regular not mentioned I liked was Spoilt Bastard.

I always think of Roger Mellie when there is a po-faced ad for Panorama. Roger's idea for tackling low ratings was simply to rename it Panorfckingrama.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:15 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Didnt Roger Mellie once have celebrity golf match with Brucie and Jimmy Tarbrush.

One slide had Roger taking a dump in a sand trap.
Old 11-11-2017, 05:17 AM
Fishy McFishface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Selhurst View Post
Remember Zit but as you say it went out to be offensive for offensiveness. Viz always had (has?) that underlying satirical genius
Zit missed the point completely. It was The Daily Star where Viz would have been The Guardian.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:43 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There were quite a few Viz copy cats back in the late 80's/90's including a football based one I contributed to for a bit. Can't remember what it was called though.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:47 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNinjas Headband came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fru T. Bunn the master baker & his gingerbread sex dolls, was another good one.

Still remember the day I got my first copy of Viz from the Brighton branch of Virgin. Encouraged me as a 16 year old to start drawing my own cartoons.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:18 AM

Skin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Already mentioned but Student Grant, Drunken Bakers and Modern Parents were all really good, witty rather than just offensive for the sake of it.

Also good were Baxter Basics - a corrupt Tory MP playing off the scandals that the Major gov had as well as Bushell the Bear and Robin Hood and Littlejohn making fun of two reactionary newspaper columnists.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:27 AM

Cube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Viz Thread

Quote:
A regular not mentioned I liked was Spoilt Bastard.

I used to love Spoilt Bastard! One of my Viz favourites. How ironic that I should end up teaching him and his ilk 20 years down the line. Also loved Millie Tant and the Modern Parents who are placenta.

Last edited by Cube72; 11-11-2017 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:37 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
There was a similar thread 16 years ago: To view the link you have to Register or Login. Not much seems to have changed on here apart from who’s posting.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:29 PM

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Didnt Roger Mellie once have celebrity golf match with Brucie and Jimmy Tarbrush.

Blimey,I remember that from years ago!What was so funny about the bloke was his selfish,cynical and abrasive attitude which was so at odds with his tv personna....
Old 11-11-2017, 02:00 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
The outrage over Thieving Gypsy Bastards was funny too.
This one...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-11-2017, 02:28 PM

Russboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRussboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Yeah, I think Brucie played most of the round with a brown speckled ball. I had the video, Roger voiced by Peter Cook with Harry Enfield as Tom, that was one of the episodes. Marvellous fayre.

Not seen it in years, guess it's gone the way of the Simpsons.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:22 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
Blimey,I remember that from years ago!What was so funny about the bloke was his selfish,cynical and abrasive attitude which was so at odds with his tv personna....
And based on a real person apparently.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:20 AM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:

Here you go:

Old 12-11-2017, 10:54 AM

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hillarious.Well done for finding it but from how many years ago?20?
Old 12-11-2017, 11:10 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se9 eagles View Post
Hillarious.Well done for finding it but from how many years ago?20?
It’s from 1991.